This should be tampering
Old 01-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,925
Representing:
Knicks This should be tampering

Apparently it isn't but it should be imo:

Quote:
Stoudemire Reaches Out To Anthony

Amar'e Stoudemire has reached out to Carmelo Anthony to say he "wants him in New York," a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

The Knicks forward recently contacted Anthony via text message to let him know that he wants him in New York and to urge him to resist a trade to New Jersey.

Stoudemire doesn't like the speculation that he doesn't want to play with a co-star in New York.

The Nets and Nuggets have twice been close to a trade that would send Carmelo to New Jersey.

Trying to get the most out of a deal with New jersey for Anthony, Denver has reportedly threatened to deal him to New York.
RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Stoudemire Reaches Out To Anthony
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,926
Representing:
Default

I'm sure this is similar to what's said at All-Star games when the players are all together. Reporters sometimes joke about the "recruiting" that supposedly takes place.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
is waiting for the season to start

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,223
Representing:
Default

Players can say whatever they want to each other...

I think it's the GM's that cant talk to the players under contract directly
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Why?
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,925
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Why?
I don't know, i don't like a player contacting a player who's under contract with a team to tell him to turn down a trade to a team so he can go to his team. Just me i guess, but that seems wrong. It has an odour to it imo.

It's one thing to recruit while someone is a FA on July 1st, but this is different.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

What I wanna know is - how does anyone find who is texting what to other people?
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,215
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
What I wanna know is - how does anyone find who is texting what to other people?
illuminati
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
illuminati
I think it was you, Gurky.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

Expressing an innocent desire to a close friend in a private manner (text) should be considered tampering? Relax, Stalin.
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,925
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneironaught View Post
Expressing an innocent desire to a close friend in a private manner (text) should be considered tampering? Relax, Stalin.
Trying to influence where a player goes, who's under contract already....
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Trying to influence where a player goes, who's under contract already....
Melo, while under contract, doesn't have absolute power. Sure he has sway, but not absolute power. As you seem to suggest, he's property. Therefore, his owner, the Nuggets FO, has final say. Melo and Stat are friends who happen to be elite in the same profession, and if paired together, have the ability to do great things. And because they are friends, it's natural to speculate and speak of such things. No?
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,925
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneironaught View Post
Melo, while under contract, doesn't have absolute power. Sure he has sway, but not absolute power. As you seem to suggest, he's property. Therefore, his owner, the Nuggets FO, has final say. Melo and Stat are friends who happen to be elite in the same profession, and if paired together, have the ability to do great things. And because they are friends, it's natural to speculate and speak of such things. No?
He has absolute power for sure. If he doesn't accept an extension with NJ the trade will not go down, that's a fact. Now he has a player on another team saying don't accept a trade there, don't sign an extension there....come here instead. Like i said, it's not tampering but it's borderline at least. And shit like that shouldn't be allowed.

What would you say if the Knicks organization (Walsh?) did the exact same thing?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
He has absolute power for sure. If he doesn't accept an extension with NJ the trade will not go down, that's a fact. Now he has a player on another team saying don't accept a trade there, don't sign an extension there....come here instead. Like i said, it's not tampering but it's borderline at least. And shit like that shouldn't be allowed.
No, that's not a fact. NJ isn't the reluctant party in this deal, Denver is.

Nets close to landing Anthony - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Quote:
Prokhorov would have even been open to the idea of making a deal without an extension for Anthony because of a belief he could sway him over the next few months. The risk would be enormous: Gut your team, give up picks and lose Anthony to free agency in the summer? Management understands it could set the franchise back years, but Prokhorov’s confidence in himself has no limits.
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,925
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneironaught View Post
No, that's not a fact. NJ isn't the reluctant party in this deal, Denver is.

Nets close to landing Anthony - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
It's also been reported that they won't make the deal without an extension. No way in hell they deal Favours, Harris,Morrow and 3picks for a guy on a rental. Not gonna happen.

What if it was Walsh that contacted Melo?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
It's also been reported that they won't make the deal without an extension. No way in hell they deal Favours, Harris,Morrow and 3picks for a guy on a rental. Not gonna happen.

What if it was Walsh that contacted Melo?
I don't see anything wrong with a rival executive contacting a player under contract. I'm going to assume Melo isn't as impressionable as a little boy with a sweet tooth though.

And Prokorov is one pretentious fellow. I could see him selling the farm for an unextended Melo operating with the belief he can "convert" his prized acquisition.
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,925
Representing:
Default

From CBC Sports.com

Quote:
Under league rules, players cannot tamper with other players, though it's a given that players talking amongst themselves not only happens, but is impossible to regulate.

The NBA only metes out discipline in what it said are "the most egregious" cases, and said Wade's comments "do not meet that standard."
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24