Seriously, give him MVP.. - Page 2
Old 03-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
i agree kobe and lebron will be candidates, but throw CP in the race too, cause what he's doing in New Orleans is damn good.

i just have a problem with giving an award to a guy who does it all on his own rather than playing a 'team' oriented game.
its all 'give the ball to lebron' wooohoooo. :rollseyes:
its so crap IMO.
kobe plays with a great squad and still continues to dominate.. he makes his teamates better and its fun watching LA play.
Cleveland on the other hand is the worst ball on earth to watch. seeing one guy do everything... its boring as hell.
he doesnt make his teamates better, he just provides them with open shots... theres nothing worse then seeing Damon Jones hit a wide open 3 from a Lebron double team pass, and then Jones strut off like he's the shit....
its one guy, and its boring as hell.
exactly, all the more impressive imo. u know what ur getting with the Cav's one guy. Stop him. Just stop him, go ahead try, cuz i havent seen many teams be able to stop what you are saying is a one man team, it should be easy right? LeBron should be punished because his team is so bad he has to carry it? Do you have a better way Cleveland should run their offense? Do share plz, who should be running the point taking more shots? I think they are doing what gives them the best chance to win, and basically no1 has an answer for the present and future of basketball.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
is on that grind

Senior Member
 
jumplvlan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,053
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpery View Post
umm sorry, but i remember Lebron taking his team to the finals... so NO, WRONG, Lebron did better.

And i said "the lakers would be a playoff team in the EAST without Kobe" and i stand by that statement, and that the Cav's couldnt make the playoffs in the east without LeBron.

He cant win his team games? What did he do last year, what he is doing this year? Am i blind? Do the Cav's not have the best record in the east since jan 1st and are looking primed to make a run for 3rd seed? Your talking like they are in last place or something. Cav's last year were about as good as Kobes lakers team the last few years, except, they went to the finals, Kobe has never won anything without the most dominant big man of this era by his side, who went on to help another talented wing player win a championship, who happened to have very little NBA experience. So it could be argued those rings were more Shaq then Kobe. But thats not really my point here. Dont act like Lebron isnt even close to Kobe, i can understand ppl saying Kobe should get it, he is great, im just giving u the reasons i think the King should.
Hold your horses boy. I'm sure the Lakers would have beat a Wizards team without Arenas OR Butler; an inconsistent NJ team; and a pathetically stupid Detriot team who took them too lightly. What happened in the Finals? Oh yeah, they got SWEPT!

Your argument that the Lakers would still make the playoffs in the East has no bearings because Kobe had by far the shittiest supporting cast out of any star the last three years, and still made it to the playoffs with them.

Lebron is in the same damn position Kobe was in the last three fuckin' years man. Now that Kobe has some kind of help, guess what? They are now the best team in the league, and now it's a knock against Kobe's chances of getting an MVP?

And you can't compare Lebron's stats to Kobe's stats, because stats don't tell the story. Read what I had to say about the offenses run by the two different teams.

Kobe is the better defender, Kobe is the better offensive player. Can anyone argue that? So how this even a debate, when Kobe is both of that, and plus his team finally wins.

By the way, Kobe wasn't put into the role that Lebron was when he first entered the league. The team was built around Shaq. In Cleveland, the team is built around Lebron, and it has been that way since he entered the league. Kobe was the sidekick, because Shaq was in his prime. Let's see Shaq win a ring without a dominant guard by his side.

Last edited by jumplvlan23; 03-03-2008 at 11:25 PM.
jumplvlan23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
is on that grind

Senior Member
 
jumplvlan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,053
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpery View Post
exactly, all the more impressive imo. u know what ur getting with the Cav's one guy. Stop him. Just stop him, go ahead try, cuz i havent seen many teams be able to stop what you are saying is a one man team, it should be easy right? LeBron should be punished because his team is so bad he has to carry it? Do you have a better way Cleveland should run their offense? Do share plz, who should be running the point taking more shots? I think they are doing what gives them the best chance to win, and basically no1 has an answer for the present and future of basketball.
You don't watch a lot of basketball, do you?
If the Lakers ran as many iso's for Kobe, Kobe would average 50 points a night easily. Did you watch the Lakers/Mavs game? What did they do the WHOLE fourth quarter and overtime, when every player on the Lakers was playing like shit? They HAD to run the Kobe Iso, every single time down the court, because the triangle was ineffective that game.

Guess what? Kobe scores 30 points in the final quarter and overtime to seal the victory. Finishes with 52.

Last year, Phil Jackson TELLS KOBE to shoot the ball more, because his team was on a losing streak. Kobe goes off for four straight 50 point games.

He scores at will, he's one of the best defenders in the league. He gets his teammates involved when they are playing well. How is he not better than Lebron? Lastly, his team wins, so how can you just "hand over" the MVP to Lebron?
jumplvlan23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumplvlan23 View Post
You don't watch a lot of basketball, do you?
If the Lakers ran as many iso's for Kobe, Kobe would average 50 points a night easily. Did you watch the Lakers/Mavs game? What did they do the WHOLE fourth quarter and overtime, when every player on the Lakers was playing like shit? They HAD to run the Kobe Iso, every single time down the court, because the triangle was ineffective that game.

Guess what? Kobe scores 30 points in the final quarter and overtime to seal the victory. Finishes with 52.

Last year, Phil Jackson TELLS KOBE to shoot the ball more, because his team was on a losing streak. Kobe goes off for four straight 50 point games.

He scores at will, he's one of the best defenders in the league. He gets his teammates involved when they are playing well. How is he not better than Lebron? Lastly, his team wins, so how can you just "hand over" the MVP to Lebron?

your right i dont watch basketball. Along with the other ppl (and there is more then just me im sure) who think LeBron should get it. Phil doesnt run ISO's all day for Kobe like Cav's do for LeBron cuz he knows it would be unfair and they would win the championship or go to the finals like LeBron did last year, it all makes sense now, why let him score at will and win everygame. LeBrons team never wins, he didnt lead them anywhere and they are in last place fighting for the 1st overall pick, he didnt single handedly resurrect the franchise and take them to the finals... i stand corrected, Kobe for MVP!! Hell i might even watch a game of basketball. Cuz obviously LeBron doesnt play good D, he doesnt grab boards, he isnt a beast going to the rim that basically no1 can stop.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,547
Representing:
Default

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba;_ylt=Avz...WWKMY8pws5nYcB
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

that guy obviously doesnt watch basketball to write an entire article about LeBron being MVP, i hope some1 sends him a NBATV package.

I do like how he points out how the hell did Nash win that MVP, what a joke!

Nice points he makes tho, that 75% of the time arguement doesnt hole weight when LeBron is shooting a high % from the field. So you cant say its just cause he has the ball more or takes more shots, that not the case. Anyways, its all good, bother players are amazing, aslong as Nash doesnt somehow win it again, its not that bad

Last edited by pimpery; 03-04-2008 at 10:31 AM.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #27 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,547
Representing:
Default

I was poiting the vote.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:41 AM   #28 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsius View Post
I was poiting the vote.
hehe, well i know im in the minority, but the numbers point to lebron which is why i made this thread. All the arguements made in this thread arent back by stats "kobe can score at will", yet lebron scores more then him, "kobe makes ppl better", yet lebron has more assists a game, on less possessions on a team that shoots poorly, "LeBron has the ball 75% of the time", yet he shoots a higher percentage from the field and only plays 2 min more a game, but gets 5 less possesions.

Ship the MVP to the King, just because the league messed up and gave Nash an MVP when Kobe should have gotten it, doesnt make it right to not give the real best player the award right now!! Just because The King will get many more MVPs in the near future and doesnt mean you dont give it to him now. EL REY! Do you realize only 3 players in the history of the league have put up the numbers LeBron is putting up right now!!

Last edited by pimpery; 03-04-2008 at 10:44 AM.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,488
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpery View Post
exactly, all the more impressive imo. u know what ur getting with the Cav's one guy. Stop him. Just stop him, go ahead try, cuz i havent seen many teams be able to stop what you are saying is a one man team, it should be easy right? LeBron should be punished because his team is so bad he has to carry it? Do you have a better way Cleveland should run their offense? Do share plz, who should be running the point taking more shots? I think they are doing what gives them the best chance to win, and basically no1 has an answer for the present and future of basketball.
give me a break!!!
you're talking as if the cavs are 50-2.
the team is 8 games over .500. they have the same amount of loses as the raps do, and only 2 more wins.
you're talking as if they are the best team in the league.

Quote:
Just stop him, go ahead try, cuz i havent seen many teams be able to stop what you are saying is a one man team,
um, they've been "stopped" 26 times this year out of 60 games, thats almost 50% of the time.
the way you're talking you'd think the cavs havent been beaten this season.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,865
Representing:
Default

Lebron gets the ball every fucking possession and is always the decision maker, of course hes gonna put up better numbers than Kobe. Kobe has changed his attitude this year and led his team to becoming one of the most improved teams in the league. I think a lot of credit should go to Jackson as well though with COTY if Byron Scott doesnt get it. Jackson turns 1 way shooters into good role players on both sides of the ball like its nothing. Laker fans think Farmar is going to be a good starting pg in the future because of him, haha.

I think the MVP race comes down to 1. Kobe, 2. Paul, 3. KG. If KG didnt get hurt and continued to put up 20+10's I cant see how he wouldnt get it because Boston runs through him and theyre th ebest in the NBA right now, but as of now Kobe should get it because hes made his team that much better this year.

Lebron getting to the finals last year was a fluke and a joke. When they finally played a formidable opponent they got destroyed. Dont expect DET to take them so lightly again this year if they meet in the 2nd round, especially with Dyess in there isntead of Webber, the middle wont be so open this year for Lebitch. Lebrons a pansy and we should just refrain from talking about him and his boring ass team ever again.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,865
Representing:
Default

Like most superstars, the way to slow them down/stop them is to trap them on drives and pick and rolls and make them give it up so one of the other 4 players on the court will have to make a play. Boston did that very effectively and Lebron forced a lot of shots, going like 7/27 that game.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #32 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,865
Representing:
Default

Does Lebron have this type of aim? http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=IB1jNJN81zE
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
is on that grind

Senior Member
 
jumplvlan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,053
Representing:
Default

Leaving statistics out of it, and just looking at impact, Bryant and James are nearly unrivaled this season, and as different as they are in style of play, they are both expected to do the exact same thing every night -- figure out what their team needs and provide it.

James can be overpowering. Bryant is efficient. Both are spectacular. Bryant's Los Angles Lakers are better than James' Cleveland Cavaliers, but that shouldn't be held against either one. You have to play with the hand you're dealt.

You can argue all day long who is the best player in the NBA today, but when you stop getting overly excited by dunks, threes and no-look passes and remember the game is played at both ends of the floor, the discussion starts and stops at Bryant. He has the same mind-set on defense that he has on offense, playing the entire game with a "no one can stop me and I can stop anyone" mentality.

In comparing players, we often feel we have to find fault in one of them to boost the other, but in this case, we don't have to. Kobe is the best player in the NBA, not because James, who is second best, has any glaring weaknesses, but because Bryant is just that good at every facet of the game.

Take, for instance, Bryant's most impressive play in his 52-point performance against the Dallas Mavericks in the Lakers' 108-104 overtime win last Sunday. It was an offensive rebound on a missed Lamar Odom free throw with six seconds left in regulation, which assured the Lakers of getting into the extra period. Bryant saw Odom's release, judged where the ball would come off the rim and maneuvered around Brandon Bass to secure the rebound. It was a play that would go unnoticed most of the time, but a play perhaps only the best player in the league could make at that moment. No task is too small in Bryant's mind if it might even remotely contribute to winning.
jumplvlan23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Give a gift to an RF member. Benzo Toronto Raptors 35 12-25-2009 05:00 PM
Grange: Give Us Bosh the Person Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 11 10-02-2009 03:56 PM
Raps Not Ready to Give Up on Roko Acie Toronto Raptors 62 06-22-2009 09:45 AM
Do we give up on Bargnani? jeffb Toronto Raptors 52 12-27-2008 07:34 PM
Bucks Give Villanueva Another Shot Dr. J. Naismith NBA Talk 7 09-22-2008 09:03 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24