Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Sam Smith: high profile players who could get moved (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/sam-smith-high-profile-players-who-could-get-moved-20299.html)

jeffb 05-21-2011 11:59 AM

Sam Smith: high profile players who could get moved
 
Hmmmm

Quote:

With Turner most likely the future of the Sixers, how do you see Philly offloading Iguodala? It's obvious the only way Turner can flourish is if he starts and can run the point forward role, which Iggy is currently taking into his own hands. With a new labor agreement coming up, does it seem near impossible with Iggy's massive contract? Maybe a trade to Sacramento or Minessota, both craving a highlight reel wing player?

Edward Fung

Sam: Yes, I expect him to be among several high profile players who are available after this season, and I'm not convinced no matter what the Grizzlies said they'll keep Rudy Gay. I'd also watch for Monta Ellis, Tony Parker, Michael Beasley, Kevin Martin, Andrea Bargnani, Danny Granger, Rajon Rondo, Devin Harris, Chris Kamen, Stephen Jackson, Jameer Nelson and Richard Hamilton among those who could be moved in trades.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/asksam_110520.html

Bankiz 05-21-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

andre iguodala, Monta Ellis, Tony Parker, Michael Beasley, Kevin Martin, Andrea Bargnani, Danny Granger, Rajon Rondo, Devin Harris, Chris Kamen, Stephen Jackson, Jameer Nelson and Richard Hamilton
if you state that we don't need a starting sg, we could trade for :
iguy, TP9, Beasley, granger, rando, harris and nelson
4 pg and 3 sf quiet a choice for us to trade bargs

i wish not have harris here, but parker, rando and even nelson can be good fit.
rando + DD can be a good backcourt but we will miss some defense.
nelson + DD can be charming, a pg with some experience and a real coach Ltd on the floor.
parker + DD, that would be awsome.
1st 2011 + bargs for Parker ?
a dream !


3 sf - Iguy, Granger, Beasley :
iguy capacity to penetrate will be nice with dd on the wings, and he is and underrated defender.
granger is not either a star, but i don't see him in toronto in a rebuild team.
beastley is young at least and can be a good fit in TO, he can be the starter before JJ, but i"m not sold.

so if Bc can move for some of this players maybe available, bc please choice :
Parker, Rando, Nelson or Iguy !

Aamir 05-21-2011 03:08 PM

Why is Rondo available...lol

th3answ3r 05-21-2011 04:08 PM

i could live with kanter here and turner as our PG.

pzabby 05-21-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3answ3r (Post 541465)
i could live with kanter here and turner as our PG.

kanter doesnt want to be here.

Blaze 05-21-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bankiz (Post 541424)
if you state that we don't need a starting sg, we could trade for :
iguy, TP9, Beasley, granger, rando, harris and nelson
4 pg and 3 sf quiet a choice for us to trade bargs

i wish not have harris here, but parker, rando and even nelson can be good fit.
rando + DD can be a good backcourt but we will miss some defense.
nelson + DD can be charming, a pg with some experience and a real coach Ltd on the floor.
parker + DD, that would be awsome.
1st 2011 + bargs for Parker ?
a dream !


3 sf - Iguy, Granger, Beasley :
iguy capacity to penetrate will be nice with dd on the wings, and he is and underrated defender.
granger is not either a star, but i don't see him in toronto in a rebuild team.
beastley is young at least and can be a good fit in TO, he can be the starter before JJ, but i"m not sold.

so if Bc can move for some of this players maybe available, bc please choice :
Parker, Rando, Nelson or Iguy !

He said those guys are going to be looked to be traded, not for each other. For us to get someone like rando, will have to give up half our team. Realistically we can only get Iggy, maybe granger and I would hope monta ellis (but that's not happening and people hate monta) for Bargs.

jeffb 05-21-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaze (Post 541473)
He said those guys are going to be looked to be traded, not for each other. For us to get someone like rando, will have to give up half our team. Realistically we can only get Iggy, maybe granger and I would hope monta ellis (but that's not happening and people hate monta) for Bargs.

Pffft, i'd take Ellis for Bargnani straight up in a heartbeat. In fact i'd rather him than Granger.

KollegeKid 05-21-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonMughal (Post 541453)
Why is Rondo available...lol

+1

why is Rondo on the list of potentially traded players?

jeffb 05-21-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KollegeKid (Post 541501)
+1

why is Rondo on the list of potentially traded players?

He's been on that list before. But, i think this guy is basically throwing out a bunch names out there to see what sticks, a couple obvious ones that have already been mentioned (ie: Granger, Iggy...) and a few others such as Rondo to beef up his list. I doubt half these players are dealt.

Aamir 05-21-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 541502)
He's been on that list before. But, i think this guy is basically throwing out a bunch names out there to see what sticks, a couple obvious ones that have already been mentioned (ie: Granger, Iggy...) and a few others such as Rondo to beef up his list. I doubt half these players are dealt.

Rondo should actually be the last player on the Celtics to be dealt. lol Just as much as Pierce.

gnarl 05-21-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 541475)
Pffft, i'd take Ellis for Bargnani straight up in a heartbeat. In fact i'd rather him than Granger.

I rather have Bargs than Granger. Granger doesn't bring anything to the table except chucking shots. Did you see him during the playoffs this year? He was the reason the Pacers lost.

No thanks

jeffb 05-21-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnarl (Post 541514)
I rather have Bargs than Granger. Granger doesn't bring anything to the table except chucking shots. Did you see him during the playoffs this year? He was the reason the Pacers lost.

No thanks

I was saying Ellis>Granger

WB3 05-22-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bankiz (Post 541424)
if you state that we don't need a starting sg, we could trade for :
iguy, TP9, Beasley, granger, rando, harris and nelson
4 pg and 3 sf quiet a choice for us to trade bargs

i wish not have harris here, but parker, rando and even nelson can be good fit.
rando + DD can be a good backcourt but we will miss some defense.
nelson + DD can be charming, a pg with some experience and a real coach Ltd on the floor.
parker + DD, that would be awsome.
1st 2011 + bargs for Parker ?
a dream !


3 sf - Iguy, Granger, Beasley :
iguy capacity to penetrate will be nice with dd on the wings, and he is and underrated defender.
granger is not either a star, but i don't see him in toronto in a rebuild team.
beastley is young at least and can be a good fit in TO, he can be the starter before JJ, but i"m not sold.

so if Bc can move for some of this players maybe available, bc please choice :
Parker, Rando, Nelson or Iguy !

What's funny is you guys couldv'e had Beasley if you really wanted last off-season in the S&T for Bosh, but I guess BC didn't want him. He had an alright season, what did he average 19 and 6? Still, Beasley is like Bosh in many ways, just that Bosh is actually the better rebounder and defender. Oh well, I can still see why BC may not have wanted Beasley in the deal. He did have a few issues in his Miami tenure and as I mentioned already, he was never a good defender or rebounder. Could have provided a scoring threat though.

*shrugs*

jeffb 05-22-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WB3 (Post 541545)
What's funny is you guys couldv'e had Beasley if you really wanted last off-season in the S&T for Bosh, but I guess BC didn't want him. He had an alright season, what did he average 19 and 6? Still, Beasley is like Bosh in many ways, just that Bosh is actually the better rebounder and defender. Oh well, I can still see why BC may not have wanted Beasley in the deal. He did have a few issues in his Miami tenure and as I mentioned already, he was never a good defender or rebounder. Could have provided a scoring threat though.

*shrugs*

Bosh a better defender? Is Beasley THAT bad on defense? :confused2:

Dutches 05-22-2011 01:38 PM

Smith may be right about most of those guys, but no way in hell boston moves Rondo. He's gonna be their DRose once the Big Ancients retire.

Aamir 05-22-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutches (Post 541698)
Smith may be right about most of those guys, but no way in hell boston moves Rondo. He's gonna be their DRose once the Big Ancients retire.

Well he has to make a jumpshot first.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24