Rondo for Gasol? - Page 2
Old 02-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Pau has a lot more game left in him. He's not really one to rely on his athleticism, and is a lot more fundamentals like Duncan. You can't really write him off yet, and maybe Boston would prefer a PG that could shoot the 3. I don't know if Bradley's been under some secret training or something but getting rid of your star PG who is a cog and not rebuilding is kind of weird.

maybe this could expand with Houston, who wanted Gasol in the first place.
That isn't a gamble I'd be prepared to take. I don't know why BOS would prefer a PG who can shoot the 3 when all of them to a man have said that Rondo is the guy who makes their team go. He does so much more than shoot the ball and his court vision and defensive awareness aren't things that you'll find in just any PG.

If HOU's involved and they want to give up Lowry then I certainly consider it since he seems to possess some of those same qualities that Rondo has.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,910
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I think so too. And with Bynum having a career year I don't think that LA's frontcourt would suffer too badly. If they still had Odom this trade would be SO much better for them though.... because if Bynum gets injured or into foul trouble it makes things tough.

Doesn't make much sense for BOS since they'll be betting the farm on the next 2 seasons or so and relying HEAVILY on Pau and Pierce to carry them offensively. If they're determined to deal Rondo they should do it for a high draft pick.
I don't think Murphy and McRoberts can hold it down as the main PFs. Murphy gets easily overpowered by opposing bigs, and McRoberts can't shoot...imagine a lineup of Rondo/Kobe/Barnes/McRoberts/Bynum. Where's the perimeter shooting there? Paint would be clogged and would discourage Rondo from penetrating too...
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,800
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
I don't think Murphy and McRoberts can hold it down as the main PFs. Murphy gets easily overpowered by opposing bigs, and McRoberts can't shoot...imagine a lineup of Rondo/Kobe/Barnes/McRoberts/Bynum. Where's the perimeter shooting there? Paint would be clogged and would discourage Rondo from penetrating too...
McRoberts averaged 0.8 three attempts last season shooting them at 38%. It's not that he can't shoot.

Murphy will live beside Bynum and World Peace/Barnes. Don't forget that Murphy was a double double machine just 3 seasons ago.
Aside from that is there any other reason why they can't handle being LA's main PFs?

McRoberts played well starting for them when Bynum was out in the beginning.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,910
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
McRoberts averaged 0.8 three attempts last season shooting them at 38%. It's not that he can't shoot.

Murphy will live beside Bynum and World Peace/Barnes. Don't forget that Murphy was a double double machine just 3 seasons ago.
Aside from that is there any other reason why they can't handle being LA's main PFs?

McRoberts played well starting for them when Bynum was out in the beginning.
Murphy was good 3 years ago. He's not that good anymore and his defense is pathetic. McRoberts' minutes have been dropping since the beginning of the season because he hurts the offence with no consistent jumpshot. If they get Bass in the deal, I'd do it. Bass + Rondo for Gasol works financially I believe.
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,800
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
Murphy was good 3 years ago. He's not that good anymore and his defense is pathetic. McRoberts' minutes have been dropping since the beginning of the season because he hurts the offence with no consistent jumpshot. If they get Bass in the deal, I'd do it. Bass + Rondo for Gasol works financially I believe.
are you serious? you realize given the minutes he still does the same stuff he did 3 years ago. So if his defense is so pathetic, you can switch him out for McRoberts. You're not gonna fill your line-up with CP3, Kobe, Lebron, Aldridge, Howard. You can relieve Fisher's starting role which is great, and you still have two borderline starters that can play the PF behind four other really good defensive players. Bynum can defend, yes. Barnes/World Peace can defend, yes. Kobe can defend, yes. Rondo can defend, yes.

this would be a great thing for the Lakers to pull off.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,910
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
are you serious? you realize given the minutes he still does the same stuff he did 3 years ago. So if his defense is so pathetic, you can switch him out for McRoberts. You're not gonna fill your line-up with CP3, Kobe, Lebron, Aldridge, Howard. You can relieve Fisher's starting role which is great, and you still have two borderline starters that can play the PF behind four other really good defensive players. Bynum can defend, yes. Barnes/World Peace can defend, yes. Kobe can defend, yes. Rondo can defend, yes.

this would be a great thing for the Lakers to pull off.
I'm not saying I wouldn't do that trade. I just think Murphy and McRoberts can't be your starting and backup PFs if you're trying to win a championship. I've watched almost every Laker game this season and it would be simply foolish to rely on those 2 to play consistent starter minutes.
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,800
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
I'm not saying I wouldn't do that trade. I just think Murphy and McRoberts can't be your starting and backup PFs if you're trying to win a championship. I've watched almost every Laker game this season and it would be simply foolish to rely on those 2 to play consistent starter minutes.
in short, we share different opinions. good day hah no harm done.

(maybe with Rondo finding them they'd be more active on offense)
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24