Rockets waive Pops
Old 11-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,925
Representing:
Rockets waive Pops

We now have room?? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
The Rockets waived forward Pops Mensah-Bonsu on Friday.

Mensah-Bonsu played a total of 12 minutes in four games this season, averaging 1.3 points. He signed as a free agent on Sept. 3.
RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Rockets Waive Mensah-Bonsu
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,913
Representing:
Default

Wouldn't mind him back
Stonezz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Ya pops ... thats all we need another 3-4 rotational player (borderline 3) to take away minutes of Turk / Bosh / Wright and already everyones favourite Evans
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,913
Representing:
Default

Why would he take anyones minutes he wouldn't be pushing back anyoneHe would just be in Quincy's position but he can actually offer a lil somethin like boards and intensity.
Stonezz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,941
Representing:
Default

yep....i agree with stonezz.....and didnt he say he was gonna work on the off-season so that he can play sf?...i really wouldnt mind him here...especially for the minimum...
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonezz View Post
Why would he take anyones minutes he wouldn't be pushing back anyoneHe would just be in Quincy's position but he can actually offer a lil somethin like boards and intensity.
You want a guy back that was released over the summer?

You can't be serious
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
editing this message!

Senior Member
 
jj33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,476
Representing:
Default

Bring back pops, this is why they released Q.
jj33 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

just goes to show how awful this team was last year.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,941
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post


You want a guy back that was released over the summer?

You can't be serious
umm...he wasnt released.....his contract was only for last year.....and he was great last year....why wouldnt you want him as your 12th or 13 man?...add more depth, size and defense to weak front court....
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj33 View Post
Bring back pops, this is why they released Q.
ok i'll follow up my post

u have as ur bigs off the bench

amir
rasho

evans to come

and POB to ride the bench

Why u need pops? To ruin the team chemistry? to take minutes away from young amir?

Gimmie a break
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bang Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet Skeet, She do that thing for 3 retweets...

Blunted Member
 
Dutches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Here
Posts: 994
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
ok i'll follow up my post

u have as ur bigs off the bench

amir
rasho

evans to come

and POB to ride the bench

Why u need pops? To ruin the team chemistry? to take minutes away from young amir?

Gimmie a break
You do realize if POB was a few inches shorter he would not be on this team...
Dutches is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,941
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
ok i'll follow up my post

u have as ur bigs off the bench

amir
rasho

evans to come

and POB to ride the bench

Why u need pops? To ruin the team chemistry? to take minutes away from young amir?

Gimmie a break
what chemistry....were down 17 points to the clippers right now....and out frontcourt looks awefoul...why not bring a guy that can play some defense....block shots and grab rebounds?...

and iam not saying this guy is gonna be the 6th man....hes gonna be the 12th or 13th guy off the bench.....seriously wtf do you not understand?....hes gonna be playing 4-5 mins a game....and is gonna be getting the minimum contract.....whats not to like?
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutches View Post
You do realize if POB was a few inches shorter he would not be on this team...
Do you realize pob is like a human cigar. He only comes out during blow outs.

Sonny weems and Pob are one in the same. Why have Pops to ride the bench with. The empty spot is more valuable than a spot with pops in it.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bang Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet Skeet, She do that thing for 3 retweets...

Blunted Member
 
Dutches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Here
Posts: 994
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A00715890 View Post
what chemistry....were down 17 points to the clippers right now....and out frontcourt looks awefoul...why not bring a guy that can play some defense....block shots and grab rebounds?...

and iam not saying this guy is gonna be the 6th man....hes gonna be the 12th or 13th guy off the bench.....seriously wtf do you not understand?....hes gonna be playing 4-5 mins a game....and is gonna be getting the minimum contract.....whats not to like?
not only that but the fan base will actually cream their jeans if hes back. and with the start we've had so far, we need some enjoyment...
Dutches is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,941
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutches View Post
You do realize if POB was a few inches shorter he would not be on this team...
for somereason your statement made me laugh out load....
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bang Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet Skeet, She do that thing for 3 retweets...

Blunted Member
 
Dutches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Here
Posts: 994
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
Do you realize pob is like a human cigar. He only comes out during blow outs.

Sonny weems and Pob are one in the same. Why have Pops to ride the bench with. The empty spot is more valuable than a spot with pops in it.
i disagree. Weems has potential, POB is only as useful as his height implies... Drop POB, pick up Pops if you really want a free roster spot. Pops would be a great addition to a team lacking rebounding and D...
Dutches is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A00715890 View Post
umm...he wasnt released.....his contract was only for last year.....and he was great last year....why wouldnt you want him as your 12th or 13 man?...add more depth, size and defense to weak front court....
i thought reggie evans was the front court savour

HAHA


I don't want him. I like the empty spot better and the fact that we don't need another new face in this locker room that is a scrub
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,941
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
i thought reggie evans was the front court savour

HAHA


I don't want him. I like the empty spot better and the fact that we don't need another new face in this locker room that is a scrub
except hes hurt and we could really use pops energy right now....
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A00715890 View Post
what chemistry....were down 17 points to the clippers right now....and out frontcourt looks awefoul...why not bring a guy that can play some defense....block shots and grab rebounds?...

and iam not saying this guy is gonna be the 6th man....hes gonna be the 12th or 13th guy off the bench.....seriously wtf do you not understand?....hes gonna be playing 4-5 mins a game....and is gonna be getting the minimum contract.....whats not to like?

BC made the decision not to sign him and go another way. We have a brand new team. Why bring in a scrub that can't hold Amir's jockstrap when the open spot is better for trades.

WHAT DON"T U UNDERSTAND.

I think Pops should go back to Manchester and watch Man U miss Tevez and Ronaldo
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutches View Post
i disagree. Weems has potential, POB is only as useful as his height implies... Drop POB, pick up Pops if you really want a free roster spot. Pops would be a great addition to a team lacking rebounding and D...
OK this is how BC talks to the board

BC: ok i'm gonna drop POB and still pay him and pick up Pops who I dropped in the summer and pay him too what do u guys think?

MLSE: Great work BC keep on spending our money stupidly and while your add it give a free box to Pops family in manchester
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rockets waive Luther Head Kirby NBA Talk 7 03-01-2009 09:03 AM
Kings Waive Mikki Gurk NBA Talk 16 02-25-2009 12:41 PM
''Play Me or Waive Me'' Kirby NBA Talk 4 12-05-2008 02:12 AM
Knicks like to waive G Marbury Kirby NBA Talk 35 11-03-2008 11:33 AM
Sonics Waive Ira Newble Dr. J. Naismith NBA Talk 2 03-01-2008 04:25 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24