Paul Pierce All Time Celtics?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
gone

Senior Member
 
Beesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 986
Representing:
Celtics Paul Pierce All Time Celtics?

Just for fun, heard Jack Armstrong kind of mock the notion that Paul Pierce is the best Celtics of All time.
Personally I say he is in the bottom 10 and not even close to the Bill Russell's or Larry Bird.

So Out of curiosity, where does PP, KG, Ray Allen rank as the all time Celtics?? Or are they even in the top ten?
Beesh is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,479
Representing:
Default

Out of the 3, Pierce is the only one you could make a case for to be in the Top 10 best Celtics ever. I wouldn't be opposed to PP being tagged "Best Celtic Ever", but he has only brought the city 1 championship. His individual accolades are great, but when its all said and done, its about the rings.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
gone

Senior Member
 
Beesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 986
Representing:
Default

Ye the basis of the rank has some obscurity in any of these "All time Ranks" topics because do you go by personal accolades or rings etc.
So, always interesting talking about all time players and where they rank...
Beesh is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,117
Representing:
Default

Larry Bird will always be better in my opinion. And doesn't Bill Russell have more rings then fingers? Also these days refs give Pierce any call he wants.
DonMughal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,482
Representing:
Default

Bird is overrated.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,479
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
Bird is overrated.
Based on acting alone, Bird is the best Celtic ever.

Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
streets ahead.

Senior Member
 
SomeDPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,780
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Based on acting alone, Bird is the best Celtic ever.
Pshh, Pierce is also an amazing actor.

SomeDPlease is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
gone

Senior Member
 
Beesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 986
Representing:
Default

^^^"thats like Cedrick Cebolas with the blind fold"
Beesh is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
ballin'

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 366
Representing:
Default

maybe tenth? i mean bill russell and larry bird are the greatest. then throw in mchale, parish, cousy, cowens, havlicek, heinsohn, ainge. so thats like 9 and im probs forgetting some greats.
raptorballer13 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,479
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorballer13 View Post
maybe tenth? i mean bill russell and larry bird are the greatest. then throw in mchale, parish, cousy, cowens, havlicek, heinsohn, ainge. so thats like 9 and im probs forgetting some greats.
Brian Scalebrine is up there as well.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Put Comment Here- Maybe I will

Senior Member
 
F1nir_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 512
Representing:
Default

Pierce is crap, if it wasn't cause of KG and Ray Ray and the refs he would never even avg close to 15 ppg
F1nir_ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,482
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1nir_ View Post
Pierce is crap, if it wasn't cause of KG and Ray Ray and the refs he would never even avg close to 15 ppg
yet he averaged 24 ppg without them on the team in his previous 10 years in the league.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
Bird is overrated.
hahahahahaaaaaaahahaaaa

of course he is.... he didn't dunk or play at rucker.....


priceless
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,482
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
hahahahahaaaaaaahahaaaa

of course he is.... he didn't dunk or play at rucker.....


priceless
yes, thats exactly why.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,117
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
yes, thats exactly why.
Watch "A Courtship of Rivals" on YouTube and then say he's overrated.

He changed basketball from a white guy perspective.
DonMughal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,482
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
Watch "A Courtship of Rivals" on YouTube and then say he's overrated.

He changed basketball from a white guy perspective.
ive seen it. twice.
i'm not saying he wasnt good, because he was damn good. but when people mention his name in 'the greatest of all time' conversations, i have to argue.

and the fact that you say "He changed basketball from a white guy perspective" says it all for me. what does his race have anything to do with his skills? in his case, it seems everything.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,117
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
ive seen it. twice.
i'm not saying he wasnt good, because he was damn good. but when people mention his name in 'the greatest of all time' conversations, i have to argue.

and the fact that you say "He changed basketball from a white guy perspective" says it all for me. what does his race have anything to do with his skills? in his case, it seems everything.
I was obviously trying to sound funny, guess it didn't work.I still think he is one of the most skilled Celtics ever. I said that because when he came in to the game, some black players were racist back in the day and they just thought he was some lucky white dude to reach the NBA. The league was dominated by blacks, some teams ALL black, but when they saw how he could play and how tough he was, he made it easier later on for white players to showcase their stuff and to maybe not be judged so fast as being talentless because your white? Sometimes its not about who is the most skilled, but who accomplished the most with their given talent.

Last edited by DonMughal; 01-03-2011 at 01:30 AM.
DonMughal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24