Official RF - NCAA March Madness thread (2009 edition)
Old 03-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,466
Representing:
Default Official RF - NCAA March Madness thread (2009 edition)

The madness is about to begin people!!!!!
i thought i'd make a thread to talk about the games and the craziness that is March Madness!!

i'm sooooo jacked for today to get started!!!!!
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,548
Representing:
Default

So, I know nothing about NCAA bball, any games you recomend?
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF OG
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: At my house
Posts: 1,381
Representing:
Default

Who's gonna be this year's Stephon Curry?
Who's gonna capture my imagination and get me rooting against my own bracket?
I'm jacked too.
Dann38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

i'm just soooo freakin happy that maryland even made it this year. i'll be dancing in the streets if they can just pull off one victory!!
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann38 View Post
Who's gonna be this year's Stephon Curry?
Who's gonna capture my imagination and get me rooting against my own bracket?
I'm jacked too.
Eric Maynor of VCU
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF OG
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: At my house
Posts: 1,381
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO2988 View Post
Eric Maynor of VCU
Yeah, I just read about this guy. I'll be watching them closely for sure.
Dann38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,466
Representing:
Default

i'm excited to see how Blake Griffen does, considering he's the consensus number 1 pick for the NBA draft in the summer, so i'm definitely watching the Oklahoma game(s).

If you wanna see Offense Bel, check out UNC and Villanova....
Louisville and UConn have a more balanced attack and are also fun to watch on both ends of the floor.

my pick this year for breakout performance are - Dejuan Blair (Pitt), and Christmas (Temple)...
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
i'm just soooo freakin happy that maryland even made it this year. i'll be dancing in the streets if they can just pull off one victory!!
same here with Ohio State
I just hope Mullens/Buford/Turner stay b/c they can be a force next year
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
i'm excited to see how Blake Griffen does, considering he's the consensus number 1 pick for the NBA draft in the summer, so i'm definitely watching the Oklahoma game(s).

If you wanna see Offense Bel, check out UNC and Villanova....
Louisville and UConn have a more balanced attack and are also fun to watch on both ends of the floor.

my pick this year for breakout performance are - Dejuan Blair (Pitt), and Christmas (Temple)...
Do you watch college ball

I just watched the ACC this year so Im in trouble with predicting the tourney

watch out for Wake, they can beat any team in the country
Teague/Aminu/Johnson
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,466
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO2988 View Post
Do you watch college ball

I just watched the ACC this year so Im in trouble with predicting the tourney

watch out for Wake, they can beat any team in the country
Teague/Aminu/Johnson
i havent watched as much as i have in previous years, but i'm still up to date on most of the teams and players.
usually around March, i get all jacked and really start getting into it... this year is no different.

my darkhorse is Villanova. just watch, they are hot right now and will run over their opponents. I guarentee a PITT/Nova semi final... and Nova will upset them.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
i havent watched as much as i have in previous years, but i'm still up to date on most of the teams and players.
usually around March, i get all jacked and really start getting into it... this year is no different.

my darkhorse is Villanova. just watch, they are hot right now and will run over their opponents. I guarentee a PITT/Nova semi final... and Nova will upset them.
I got Nova going to the final 4 as well
They already beat Pitt last month
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,290
Representing:
Default

STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ohio state
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

I love College ball and I especially love the Syracuse Orange and Big East ball.

One pet peeve I have is all of a sudden everyone knows everything about college ball. With a select few people NOBODY really talks or cares about NCAA ball during the Conference season or the Outside Conference season.

Its really say and I'd love to see the people step up and talk intelligently about their respective team.

What an overhyped sham
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF OG
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: At my house
Posts: 1,381
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
I love College ball and I especially love the Syracuse Orange and Big East ball.

One pet peeve I have is all of a sudden everyone knows everything about college ball. With a select few people NOBODY really talks or cares about NCAA ball during the Conference season or the Outside Conference season.

Its really say and I'd love to see the people step up and talk intelligently about their respective team.

What an overhyped sham
Have you been to the Carrier dome for a game? I went to watch a Carrier Classic with my high school team when Moten and Wallace were there.
It was the best sporting event I've ever been to. Just wild.
I'm going to take my kids when they're a little older.
Dann38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
I love College ball and I especially love the Syracuse Orange and Big East ball.

One pet peeve I have is all of a sudden everyone knows everything about college ball. With a select few people NOBODY really talks or cares about NCAA ball during the Conference season or the Outside Conference season.

Its really say and I'd love to see the people step up and talk intelligently about their respective team.

What an overhyped sham
college ball is popular throughout the season in the US
maybe you're talking about Canada
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

one pet peeve of mine is calling syracuse the orange

i'll speak up half-intelligently about my team. we're lucky we're not in the NIT. our recruitment is only worse each year that passes. by the time with have anyone half decent, they're surrounded by freshmen or slow-developing sophomores who can't do shit to help our team gain an ounce of respectability. i hate the mergers in the acc and big east, cause it makes my team look even worse then they are. life as a terps fan is worse than being a Raptors fan. you can fix an nba team over a couple of seasons while in college basketball, if you suck, you suck for a long time until a miracle comes around. love you, gary williams....but times are a changing.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann38 View Post
Have you been to the Carrier dome for a game? I went to watch a Carrier Classic with my high school team when Moten and Wallace were there.
It was the best sporting event I've ever been to. Just wild.
I'm going to take my kids when they're a little older.
Went last year for Seniors Night vs. Marquette. I try to go every year but since the Cuse is on a snow belt its tough. I also went to Buffallo for one game for the East bracket regionals. I wish I was at VCU vs. Duke though.

Buffalo will get it again AND i really think some Canadian schools should go Division 1. I bet Charlton could challenge some mid major clubs for wins.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO2988 View Post
college ball is popular throughout the season in the US
maybe you're talking about Canada
Well they same effect is in US. The office pools and such. People dont' have a clue what team is what. Personally I have to say outside the Big East I don't know much either.

Also, in Hilarious news the Hoyas lost their first round matchup in the NOT IN TOURAMENT tourney


BAHAHAHAH
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF OG
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: At my house
Posts: 1,381
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
Went last year for Seniors Night vs. Marquette. I try to go every year but since the Cuse is on a snow belt its tough. I also went to Buffallo for one game for the East bracket regionals. I wish I was at VCU vs. Duke though.

Buffalo will get it again AND i really think some Canadian schools should go Division 1. I bet Charlton could challenge some mid major clubs for wins.
Our junior HS team used to go every year. We'd attend one of their practices, get a chat from Boehiem and a couple players. It was pretty cool.

Give Canadian schools the budgets and scholarships and yeah, I bet they'd compete.
Next time Buffalo has regionals I'm there. I've talked about it for too long.
Dann38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 388 06-26-2009 09:32 PM
March Madness Tourney Pick'em '09 - Sign Up Now & WIN PRIZES Acie News & Announcements 148 04-14-2009 07:13 AM
Official NCAA Thread DVS Entertainment Lounge 13 11-27-2008 04:08 PM
Canadian NCAA b-baller goes from March Madness to Mexican jail Dr. J. Naismith NBA Talk 0 04-02-2008 06:33 PM
RF March Madness Tourney Dr. J. Naismith NBA Talk 65 03-29-2008 12:46 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24