NBA reserves announced - Page 3
Old 02-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #41 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Enlighten me
it's wasted effort man, it's a moot point. I'd rather write a baseless sentence detailing my unwillingness to expand on a point that is utterly obvious than to continue on in a duscussion regarding how Aldrdge is better than Bargnani like Wade is better than Bosh. Ya know?
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #42 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,415
Representing:
Default

and Bargnani has never led us into the playoffs. Bosh was our clearcut best player with Bargnani as our second option when we made the playoffs.
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopha View Post
and Bargnani has never led us into the playoffs. Bosh was our clearcut best player with Bargnani as our second option when we made the playoffs.
Obviously.... but to discount Wade's championship is wrong as well. Furthermore, to suggest taking Bosh off this team and expecting Bargnani now to lead them to the playoffs when with Bosh they didn't make the playoffs in his last season is absolutely DUMB. Comparing them in that way is illogical. Period. End of story.

If you want to debate the initial argument that Wade>Bosh is to Aldtridge>Bargnani, feel free. The rest is pure hate. Who cares.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #44 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,146
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
it's wasted effort man, it's a moot point. I'd rather write a baseless sentence detailing my unwillingness to expand on a point that is utterly obvious than to continue on in a duscussion regarding how Aldrdge is better than Bargnani like Wade is better than Bosh. Ya know?
that's obvious, but not the point. you said Bargnani led us to the playoffs, which is bullshit.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #45 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
that's obvious, but not the point. you said Bargnani led us to the playoffs, which is bullshit.
I said it in response to Wade's championship not counting.... which is more bullshit than my point, cause Bargnani was actually still on that team. I know you don't understand this, but who cares. It's all bullshit.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #46 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I said it in response to Wade's championship not counting.... which is more bullshit than my point, cause Bargnani was actually still on that team. I know you don't understand this, but who cares. It's all bullshit.
Dude, do you understand english, I didn't discount Wade's championship. All I said was when the playing field was the same, when both players were only surrounded with role players, the results were the same. With Bosh, were in the playoffs or fighting for a playoff spot. With Bargnani, were fighting for the No. 1 pick for the upcoming draft.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #47 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
Dude, do you understand english, I didn't discount Wade's championship. All I said was when the playing field was the same, when both players were only surrounded with role players, the results were the same. With Bosh, were in the playoffs or fighting for a playoff spot. With Bargnani, were fighting for the No. 1 pick for the upcoming draft.
Do you understand english? Bargnani was on that team.... that's not a level playing field except in your mind.


You win. I'm done with this nonsense.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #48 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Do you understand english? Bargnani was on that team.... that's not a level playing field except in your mind.


You win. I'm done with this nonsense.
Bargnani was in the rotation but a non-factor. A player who played no defense and no rebounding and who shot below 40% had a big impact on the game? Anthony Parker and the point guard tandem of Calderon and Ford had more impact on those teams.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #49 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,146
Representing:
Default

:deadhorse:

/
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #50 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Obviously.... but to discount Wade's championship is wrong as well. Furthermore, to suggest taking Bosh off this team and expecting Bargnani now to lead them to the playoffs when with Bosh they didn't make the playoffs in his last season is absolutely DUMB. Comparing them in that way is illogical. Period. End of story.

If you want to debate the initial argument that Wade>Bosh is to Aldtridge>Bargnani, feel free. The rest is pure hate. Who cares.
For the record I haven't hacked RAPMAN's account... just wanted everyone to know.

In regards to the bold above... I don't think there's any question that we would have made the playoffs if Bosh hadn't have sustained multiple injuries that season. He was phenomenal.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,146
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
In regards to the bold above... I don't think there's any question that we would have made the playoffs if Bosh hadn't have sustained multiple injuries that season. He was phenomenal.
absolutely, we were 4th in the conference when he went down. with around 20 games remaining and we missed the playoffs by one game.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #52 (permalink)
chucking wood like a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
I guess, he's still the most talented there(for now). Offensively though, he's shooting about 35% if I'm not mistaken.
he's not perfect. but i'd say overall, he's much better than he was last year.
I'm not sure if Danny is an All Star or not.
But I don't think Hibbert should be there over him.
Nice stats, but not nearly as good a player, and he still can't defend the other top centers for more than 15-20 minutes. Dwight literally exhausted Hibbert physically in the first 10 minutes when they played this year.

I think Greg Monroe, Ray Allen, Tyson Chandler, Danny Granger, Kyrie Irving and Brandon Jennings were all more deserving choices for that spot.
Some of them might be from below .500 teams, but hey, take them away, and those teams are .200 or in case of the Pistons even worse.
ValanciunasFanboy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #53 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Forgot about Monroe.... you're right there. He's been a real surprise.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #54 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,508
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValanciunasFanboy View Post
he's not perfect. but i'd say overall, he's much better than he was last year.
I'm not sure if Danny is an All Star or not.
But I don't think Hibbert should be there over him.
Nice stats, but not nearly as good a player, and he still can't defend the other top centers for more than 15-20 minutes. Dwight literally exhausted Hibbert physically in the first 10 minutes when they played this year.

I think Greg Monroe, Ray Allen, Tyson Chandler, Danny Granger, Kyrie Irving and Brandon Jennings were all more deserving choices for that spot.
Some of them might be from below .500 teams, but hey, take them away, and those teams are .200 or in case of the Pistons even worse.
Tyson Chandler!!! Yes!
Aamir is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #55 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,925
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

Monroes a beast, I love his game. I knew he had the potential to be a an allstar
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #56 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristTrip View Post
Monroes a beast, I love his game. I knew he had the potential to be a an allstar
Totally agree... guy has major size.... couldn't believe some thought Davis was so much better.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #57 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,796
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
No arguments here.... might have chosen Rondo over Williams since the Nets suck and Williams is shooting only 40%.

Also glad that Granger didn't make it. He's a dick.
Yup Rondo should be there & I'm not sure about iggy pop going to the all-star game he just doesn't have the numbers...Even though he is on a winning team.
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #58 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,200
Representing:
Default

I think they got the picks right this year. Rondos missed too many games and his production has dropped off bigtime since earlier in the year.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #59 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,508
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Totally agree... guy has major size.... couldn't believe some thought Davis was so much better.
Don't hate


BTW, Tyson is shooting 70% FROM THE FIELD!! And averaging a double-double. Ughh, snubbed..
Aamir is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #60 (permalink)
finding your post helpful

Senior Member
 
LightsOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,443
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
absolutely, we were 4th in the conference when he went down. with around 20 games remaining and we missed the playoffs by one game.
that 2009 team was one of the best in NBA HISTORY, I'm not on crack, just take in that they were the worst defensive team of ALL time and they still won 40 games.That's fuckin incredible to me. With an average defense they could've easily been a 50 win team.
LightsOut is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24