Miami Heat interested in Dalembert - Page 2
Old 06-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,520
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Lol... you were wrong then... and you're still wrong now.

Was Kendrick Perkins a "scrub" when he played for the Celts? Because he pretty much did all the same things that Anthony did for the Heat.
lol He's no Kendrick Perkins.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I agree.... having both in Miami's frontcourt would allow them to move Bosh for a PG too. Anthony is ideal for Miami cause he doesn't need any touches. Sammy might want a few, but he'd fit nice in that frontcourt with Joel.
I question how much better MIA would be with a top-tier PG (like CP3) rather than Bosh. I honestly don't think they'd be as good... and I'm not just saying that "because I'm a Bosh homer".

Wade and Lebron NEED the ball in their hands to be effective. Neither is a great outside shooter... neither has a reliable post-up game... and neither is a dead-eye shooter from the outside.

Bringing in a guy like Paul (for example) would just bring in one more guy who needs to handle the rock.

Not what MIA needs IMO.

If they're going to deal Bosh the ONLY deal that they should be looking for is the one that might being them D12.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
lol He's no Kendrick Perkins.
Care to explain why he isn't?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,520
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Care to explain why he isn't?
Better rebounder
Slightly better on offense
Better defensively
More experience
Younger

The only thing i'd say he's slightly better at then Perkins is blocking shots, even though their career averages are about the same.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I question how much better MIA would be with a top-tier PG (like CP3) rather than Bosh. I honestly don't think they'd be as good... and I'm not just saying that "because I'm a Bosh homer".

Wade and Lebron NEED the ball in their hands to be effective. Neither is a great outside shooter... neither has a reliable post-up game... and neither is a dead-eye shooter from the outside.

Bringing in a guy like Paul (for example) would just bring in one more guy who needs to handle the rock.

Not what MIA needs IMO.

If they're going to deal Bosh the ONLY deal that they should be looking for is the one that might being them D12.
I didn't advocate a top PG.... I advocated trading Bosh for a PG, and in my opinion, Miami would have a very difficult time getting a top PG for Bosh at this time. They don't need a top PG, but they could use a better distributer/shooter than Chalmers, Bibby, and the others they've used this year.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,520
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I didn't advocate a top PG.... I advocated trading Bosh for a PG, and in my opinion, Miami would have a very difficult time getting a top PG for Bosh at this time. They don't need a top PG, but they could use a better distributer/shooter than Chalmers, Bibby, and the others they've used this year.
They'd be better off trading Wade or Lebron who don't compliment each other at all imo. Plus if you trade Bosh for a PG, you load up the back court but have absolute shit on the front court beyond Haslem. I'd rather have a big three of CP3, Wade, Bosh. JMHO

Last edited by jeffb; 06-16-2011 at 02:24 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I didn't advocate a top PG.... I advocated trading Bosh for a PG, and in my opinion, Miami would have a very difficult time getting a top PG for Bosh at this time. They don't need a top PG, but they could use a better distributer/shooter than Chalmers, Bibby, and the others they've used this year.
I dunno.... if there's one team that DOESN'T need a PG it's MIA (IMO). They need an outside shooter in that spot (who can defend). A better version of Chalmers I guess.

MIA is a team that's actually tailor-made for Phil, Tex and the triangle. Big guards and mobile bigs who are easily interchangeable.

Too bad he's retired. lol.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I dunno.... if there's one team that DOESN'T need a PG it's MIA (IMO). They need an outside shooter in that spot (who can defend). A better version of Chalmers I guess.

MIA is a team that's actually tailor-made for Phil, Tex and the triangle. Big guards and mobile bigs who are easily interchangeable.

Too bad he's retired. lol.
You may be right, but I think their offence looked terrible. In my mind, they absolutely need a PG cause LBJ and Wade aren't helping eachother. They need plays run and neither of them is a PG. I could be wrong, but when the going gets tough, the playoffs are too long of a grind and the league is too competitive to always rely so heavily on an individual to make a play time after time in the 4th.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Better rebounder
Slightly better on offense
Better defensively
More experience
Younger

The only thing i'd say he's slightly better at then Perkins is blocking shots, even though their career averages are about the same.
In just 27MPG he avgd 5 rebs and 2 blks in the playoffs.

vs. CHI he avgd just over 3 blks/gm! Again in less than 30 MPG.

I'd certainly give Perkins the edge offensively and strength-wise but Anthony is quicker and his timing is better.

It's pretty close IMO.

I thought that his play in the playoffs would have put the "scrub" debates to bed but apparently that's never going to happen lol.

I'd still trade Bargs for him straight up.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
some creepy guy

Senior Member
 
MARTYNAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: far far away
Posts: 1,445
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I dunno.... if there's one team that DOESN'T need a PG it's MIA (IMO). They need an outside shooter in that spot (who can defend).
If you ask me, You just described Eddie House...
MARTYNAS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,520
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I'd still trade Bargs for him straight up.
lol

Even i might do that. If for nothing else, to stop relying on a 7 footer as our main scorer and getting our main scoring from the back court/wings. I'm absolutely tired of having a big as our main scorer. It isn't working! And i'll give Joel one thing, he gives effort and he blocks shots, which is more then i can say about Bargnani.

BTW, i think scrub is certainly exaggerating things, but he's no more then a decent role player imo and i'd take Perkins before him without question.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #32 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
You may be right, but I think their offence looked terrible. In my mind, they absolutely need a PG cause LBJ and Wade aren't helping eachother. They need plays run and neither of them is a PG. I could be wrong, but when the going gets tough, the playoffs are too long of a grind and the league is too competitive to always rely so heavily on an individual to make a play time after time in the 4th.
I get what you're saying but are either of those guys going to even LISTEN to a PG who's telling them what plays to run?

TBH I think that one (or both) of them just need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that going iso for a jumpshot EVERY time down floor doesn't = success.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #33 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
lol

Even i might do that. If for nothing else, to stop relying on a 7 footer as our main scorer and getting our main scoring from the back court/wings. I'm absolutely tired of having a big as our main scorer. It isn't working! And i'll give Joel one thing, he gives effort and he blocks shots, which is more then i can say about Bargnani.

BTW, i think scrub is certainly exaggerating things, but he's no more then a decent role player imo and i'd take Perkins before him without question.
I'd agree with that.

I never meant to imply that he was Ben Wallace or anything.... "scrub" just rubs me the wrong way. When I think "scrub" I think Pops Mensah Bonsu... and guy who's only going to get into the game when it's a blowout. lol.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTYNAS View Post
If you ask me, You just described Eddie House...
True enough... I'm actually shocked that MIA didn't use him more. Big mistake IMO. He may not be great defensively but he's better than Bibby and you DON'T want to leave him open.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24