'Melo wants out already? Surprise.... - Page 2
Old 03-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,787
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon View Post
I used to dislike Melo, but not anymore I don't. Imagine yourself in his shoes. The fans are constantly blaming only him for their beloved team's loss and calls him a selfish player.

Now I don't watch many NBA games. However when I did watch Knicks play, I noticed that Melo himself has to create shots. He rarely get the ball when he is open. And he was creating shots pretty good when I was watching him play.

I blame Knicks' GM. It seems as if GM wanted to assemble famous players rather than a team.
As JF rightly pointed out it was Dolan that told the GM to pull the trigger. It was about superstars and making money that drove that decision. From a business standpoint makes sense, from a basketball one, not so much. However, this conversation would be different if the experiment had worked....not saying it failed but after 42 games it certainly does not look good at all

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 03-14-2012 at 01:50 PM.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,415
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
do you really believe that the small sample of the melo-less and amare-less knicks was a true testament of d'antoni's system and that they'd continue winning with that line-up?

is it blind hate for melo, or blind love for lin?
10-32 is definitely not blind hate.
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,620
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon View Post
I used to dislike Melo, but not anymore I don't. Imagine yourself in his shoes. The fans are constantly blaming only him for their beloved team's loss and calls him a selfish player.

Now I don't watch many NBA games. However when I did watch Knicks play, I noticed that Melo himself has to create shots. He rarely get the ball when he is open. And he was creating shots pretty good when I was watching him play.
you're right, you don't watch many games
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,787
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
you're right, you don't watch many games
He kinda made that clear.....

Just teasing a little
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
You're so dramatic JF, never said blind hate at all, have some ice cream...feel happier.

Certainly not impressed with Melo's play but hey, the Knicks knew what they were getting in Amare and thought it would work with Melo in the mix so there is culpability there on the management's part.
i haven't been overly impressed with his play as well, but you can't continuously ask him to run the offence and have him go up against double-triple teams on a regular basis and expect him to come out on top. he's a small forward who plays like a small forward. he's not point forward like grant hill or scotty pippen. it's definitely on both management and coaching, hence why i have a hard time understanding why everyone is hating on melo for the knicks failures.

also, my love/hate comment was obviously mis-interpeted by both you and christopha. wear a thinking cap with your ice cream
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,415
Representing:
Default

How was it supposed to be interpreted?
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopha View Post
How was it supposed to be interpreted?
melo-less and amare-less

the knicks record with melo is completely irrelevant.

here's a follow-up to the report.

New York Knicks' Carmelo Anthony denies desire for trade, rift with coach - ESPN New York
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,787
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
i haven't been overly impressed with his play as well, but you can't continuously ask him to run the offence and have him go up against double-triple teams on a regular basis and expect him to come out on top. he's a small forward who plays like a small forward. he's not point forward like grant hill or scotty pippen. it's definitely on both management and coaching, hence why i have a hard time understanding why everyone is hating on melo for the knicks failures.

also, my love/hate comment was obviously mis-interpeted by both you and christopha. wear a thinking cap with your ice cream
But thats the issue isn't it? Lin is running the offense and Melo shouldn't, unfortunately he wants to, and he wants to have everything run through him -what competitor doesn't thrive on tearing down double and triple teams. If I remember the biggest concern was not knowing if these particular 2 superstars that need a lot of the ball/shots to be effective can coexist. So far the answer is no.

I think it's very relevant that NY wins without Ama're and Melo AND wins without Melo - common factor is that the Knicks have a better record without Melo than with him. Is this a hate on? Nope just truth.

So, is this coaching or just Melo's inability to adjust? George Karl (who built the entire offense around Melo as they didn't really have 2 superstars) was certainly glad to be rid of him. To me that says a lot. I personally believe that all great players can coexist with other great players if they want to...Boston, Lakers, Miami to name a few that have done it. Can Melo? Again the answer seems to be no.

But this certainly isn't all on Melo, yeah he's kinda a douche but he is incredibly talented. Would a guy like Sloan be better than Dantoni? Who knows.

Thinking cap pulled around and eating my vanilla.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,787
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
melo-less and amare-less

the knicks record with melo is completely irrelevant.

here's a follow-up to the report.

New York Knicks' Carmelo Anthony denies desire for trade, rift with coach - ESPN New York
You know if you eat your ice cream and think about that statement it kinda sounds really........odd......
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,764
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
As JF rightly pointed out it was Dolan that told the GM to pull the trigger. It was about superstars and making money that drove that decision. From a business standpoint makes sense, from a basketball one, not so much. However, this conversation would be different if the experiment had worked....not saying it failed but after 42 games it certainly does not look good at all
Yes becuase MSG wasn't selling out... right...
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #31 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,869
Representing:
Default

My roommates tried to argue that Lin is more important to NYK's success than Melo come playoff time. This is how Linsanity has clouded peoples' judgement. It's actually going to be funny watching Lin during the playoffs...I think he'll have a couple good games, but for the most part I expect him to fail.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
My roommates tried to argue that Lin is more important to NYK's success than Melo come playoff time. This is how Linsanity has clouded peoples' judgement. It's actually going to be funny watching Lin during the playoffs...I think he'll have a couple good games, but for the most part I expect him to fail.
well, depends on what you mean by fail. cuz most likely if they even make the playoffs, they're going in being the lower seed. they aren't expected to win. so is it his fail if the knicks get another 1st round exit? considering he's making league minimum and you have the trio of melo, amare, and chandler making the type of money they're making.
or, if your judging based on individual performance regardless of win or lose. also consider that he's basically a rookie going up against the heat or bulls. so you should also rationalize your expectations a little bit there.

but yes, i do agree that melo is the key to the knicks success. afterall...he's their best player
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 5,205
Representing:
Default

Here's how this works. Melo is a weirdo, he has an inferiority complex. He's a wannabe gangsta. He needs to be on a team where he's convinced he can beat up anybody on his team. Right now, with the Knicks, both Stoudamire and Chandler are guys that would tear him up in a scrum. Therefore Carmelo is disgruntled, not happy, scared. Put him on a sucky team with a bunch of tiny, skinny guys, and you'd see an MVP type of Melo playing.
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,420
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
My roommates tried to argue that Lin is more important to NYK's success than Melo come playoff time. This is how Linsanity has clouded peoples' judgement. It's actually going to be funny watching Lin during the playoffs...I think he'll have a couple good games, but for the most part I expect him to fail.
I can see why your friends think that though.... Lin makes other players better.... Melo doesn't.

Melo will be important for playoff basketball because he can get his shot off at any time against pretty much any opponent.... but that's not going to be much good if he's icing out his teammates in the process.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,387
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
My roommates tried to argue that Lin is more important to NYK's success than Melo come playoff time. This is how Linsanity has clouded peoples' judgement. It's actually going to be funny watching Lin during the playoffs...I think he'll have a couple good games, but for the most part I expect him to fail.
are they asian
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #36 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,869
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I can see why your friends think that though.... Lin makes other players better.... Melo doesn't.

Melo will be important for playoff basketball because he can get his shot off at any time against pretty much any opponent.... but that's not going to be much good if he's icing out his teammates in the process.
At the end of the day, if they don't have Lin, they have Baron. I think Baron is a better fit for the starting group anyway. You take Melo out and you have absolutely no chance at doing anything in the playoffs.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,869
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
are they asian
They are Indian. So, yes...
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #38 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,387
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
They are Indian. So, yes...
wait until the bhullar twins get drafted
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #39 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,869
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
wait until the bhullar twins get drafted
Oh god. Don't even get me started lol. Sim actually went to my high school so I won't talk about how bad he is
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #40 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,420
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
At the end of the day, if they don't have Lin, they have Baron. I think Baron is a better fit for the starting group anyway. You take Melo out and you have absolutely no chance at doing anything in the playoffs.
Problem is the team BELIEVES in Lin. He inspires confidence. That can go a long way. I do agree that they're going to be 1st round fodder anyway though.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24