Lockout official - Page 27
Old 10-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #521 (permalink)
chucking wood like a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 728
Representing:
Default

Btw, "neither side is budging, players still at 52" - sounds like players have budged a little. But owners staying firm.
ValanciunasFanboy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #522 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 6,014
Representing:
Default



where... not available, happens
Toby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #523 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,256
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValanciunasFanboy View Post
Stein's twitter

Jesus Christ! Do 51/49 and get on with it. Seriously!!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #524 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,256
Representing:
Default

No talks scheduled, more cancellations of games to be announced according to marc stein.

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #525 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,884
Representing:
Default

OMG never will i buy into this hype, I dont care anymore, I will not believe any of this until I see andrea not giving a crap on defense
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #526 (permalink)
chucking wood like a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by box1992 View Post
OMG never will i buy into this hype, I dont care anymore, I will not believe any of this until I see andrea not giving a crap on defense
ohh man, you won't believe the lockout ended for years then
ValanciunasFanboy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #527 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,694
Representing:
Default

Blame the greedy players... simple. Thinking they deserve even a mill to play a sport... ya right. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy sports, but whenever it comes to money, I laugh at the fact they think they deserve to get this much.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #528 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,256
Representing:
Default

apparently, the agents stuck their noses in this again.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #529 (permalink)
chucking wood like a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
apparently, the agents stuck their noses in this again.
Idk, just saw a tweet where an agent was quoted "please don't let everyone blame agents, we'd be fine with 51%".
I'd give a name but can't recall which reporter tweeted it.
ValanciunasFanboy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #530 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,256
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValanciunasFanboy View Post
Idk, just saw a tweet where an agent was quoted "please don't let everyone blame agents, we'd be fine with 51%".
I'd give a name but can't recall which reporter tweeted it.
51%? They haven't budged from 52.5%....
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #531 (permalink)
chucking wood like a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 728
Representing:
Default

some interesting tweets

Quote:
David Aldridge:Stern says league has moved to five year contracts for Bird FAs, four on non-Birds.
Quote:
Vincent Goodwill: Hunter said they increased the luxury tax and even offered to increase the escrow tax (from 8%) and the owners "eyes got bigger and bigger" 2 minutes ago
Quote:
Ben Golliver: VIDEO: NBA commissioner David Stern cancels Nov. games, says 82-game schedule is not possible NBA commissioner David Stern cancels more games - YouTube now
Quote:
Chris Mannix: Sources briefed on the process expect next wave of cancellations to include games through the Christmas holidays.
Quote:
Paul Coro: For more discouraging news, Stern said the NBA's next offer will reflect the losses that are starting to pile up. Gloom and doom is back.
PS -- if that happens, we can call season goodbye.

Quote:
Marc Stein: Stern: "It's not practical, possible or prudent to have a full season now. There will not be full NBA season under any circumstances"
ValanciunasFanboy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #532 (permalink)
chucking wood like a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
51%? They haven't budged from 52.5%....
yes, but that's the players' side overall, not agents specifically.
the talks basically ended as Kessler (Hunter's lead negotiator) got up and stormed out the door.
A wasted day. But it's both sides really. At least players offered 52 (i think? that's what's been reported). Owners are just sitting at 50 for weeks.
ValanciunasFanboy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #533 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,256
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValanciunasFanboy View Post
yes, but that's the players' side overall, not agents specifically.
the talks basically ended as Kessler (Hunter's lead negotiator) got up and stormed out the door.
A wasted day. But it's both sides really. At least players offered 52 (i think? that's what's been reported). Owners are just sitting at 50 for weeks.
Derek Fisher just said they wouldn't budge from 52.5%.

David Stern said that when they said they won't go over 50/50, Billy Hunter stood up and said "we can't go any lower then we have, i have agents calling me and we can't do that".

But really, i would say they're both full of it and are spinning things to their side. Who knows who to believe, i'm still more on the owners side though. The players have dropped a whole .5% since they started the talks a couple months ago saying they were willing to go to 53%. Sorry, but that means fuck all and spells greed imo.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #534 (permalink)
chucking wood like a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Derek Fisher just said they wouldn't budge from 52.5%.

David Stern said that when they said they won't go over 50/50, Billy Hunter stood up and said "we can't go any lower then we have, i have agents calling me and we can't do that".

But really, i would say they're both full of it and are spinning things to their side. Who knows who to believe, i'm still more on the owners side though. The players have dropped a whole .5% since they started the talks a couple months ago saying they were willing to go to 53%. Sorry, but that means fuck all and spells greed imo.
i see. well, it sucks even more than i thought then. what a waste.
ValanciunasFanboy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #535 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
NEW YORK -- The NBA will play a shortened season -- if it plays at all -- after negotiations to end the lockout again stalled over how to divide the league's revenue.

Commissioner David Stern canceled all November games on Friday, the 120th day of the lockout, after a third consecutive day of meetings ended without a deal in sight.
NBA Lockout -- David Stern announces more game cancellations - ESPN
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #536 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,303
Representing:
Default

Kessler is clearly the owners' ace in the hole. Just when the players were going to budge enough to get a deal closed, he comes back and suddenly the two sides are at another impasse. Now the owners get to start making offers reflective of the lost games and revenues, and they can really get what they want.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:15 PM   #537 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,399
Representing:
Default

Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #538 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,939
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
This is probably the most accurate representation of whats going on.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #539 (permalink)
at MSG failing a pointless 360 degree dunk during a losing streak

Lackey
 
Deez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,821
Representing:
Default

I'd be happy for 40 games now just for a ball fix. There is little chance of any moves happening that would allow for a significant improvement. 80 games of being pounded would be painful and with a compressed schedule, you likely miss out on western conference games...i.e. ass kickings in distant time zones.

O.K. I'll say it. Colangelo pretty much said it....abreviated tank.

If they pick up someone via trade, it's keeping in mind that Valunciunas and someone along the lines of Barnes will also be joining the team in 2012.

Plus: Calderon will have 1 year left, so he'd be totally moveable, Barbosa's 7.6 mil will also be off.

Colangelo must be giddy with the chance to completely build his own team, instead of patvhwork.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Toronto Raptors
Deez is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #540 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,841
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
I'd be happy for 40 games now just for a ball fix. There is little chance of any moves happening that would allow for a significant improvement. 80 games of being pounded would be painful and with a compressed schedule, you likely miss out on western conference games...i.e. ass kickings in distant time zones.

O.K. I'll say it. Colangelo pretty much said it....abreviated tank.

If they pick up someone via trade, it's keeping in mind that Valunciunas and someone along the lines of Barnes will also be joining the team in 2012.

Plus: Calderon will have 1 year left, so he'd be totally moveable, Barbosa's 7.6 mil will also be off.

Colangelo must be giddy with the chance to completely build his own team, instead of patvhwork.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Toronto Raptors
I'll put my foot in my mouth regarding my last post about the lockout...

But as far as BC goes I hope they trade away there expiring contracts for more picks next season...
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24