Lakers Vs Celtics game thread - Page 2
Old 02-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,660
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Wow, how do they not call a reach on Kobe there?
It's Kobe.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 436
Representing:
Default

what a game!
Quad Core is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
...

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,161
Representing:
Default

COMEON MIRACLE PLZ
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya
 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 8,602
Representing:
Default

wow, bad luck for fisher
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,816
Representing:
Default

Good game! Lakeshow!~!
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
...

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,161
Representing:
Default

Refs 1, Celtics 0.

Definately not a foul on the last play but the 2nd half was a joke. I think the ref I'm talking about is Richardson, who is definately on the take. Unreal.

Just get rid of the refs and let the players call their own fouls, might as well the way the games are being officiated.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #27 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya
 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 8,602
Representing:
Default



sorry thrills, boston did get a little screwed by the refs but they deserve it for every time its the other way around.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
confused why the raptors are so consistantly inconsistant

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 856
Representing:
Default

This Boston team is all floppers, why dont they go to europe and play soccer. GO LAKERS.
the_ raps_analyst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,816
Representing:
Default

Indeed Bel, indeed.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,190
Representing:
Default

i don't know how anybody outside of la and boston can cheer for either one of these teams. not taking anything away from the talent, and maybe i was just brought up in the time of the original star wars movies, but i just can't hope for first place dominant teams (i see both of these teams as the empire), flopping whiners or any of the personalities on these squads (except maybe gasol).

but hey, what do i know...?
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
...

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,161
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsius View Post


sorry thrills, boston did get a little screwed by the refs but they deserve it for every time its the other way around.
Meh, whatever. Regular season doesnt matter anyway right? Well besides homecourt, now the Celtics have to work harder and now I think its more important that they need one more swing guy AT LEAST before the deadline. Getting a center would be nice too but how many teams are going to give up a decent 7 footer?

But seriously, the refs need to just swallow their whistles in the 4th. The amount of times teams go to the line in the 4th especially teams with stars is fucking ridiculous. Make these fuckers make shots and stop bailing them out unless its blatant. Theyll adjust and the game is that much better when the game isnt stopping every possession. The start of the 3rd was a joke, refs just willed the Lakers back into the game once the Celts took the 9 pt lead.

Credit to the Lakers though, they did make shats when the Celts when o ntheir runs. They utilized their bigs in the paint very nicely and exploited Bostons trapping defence for once.

But again, refs won the Lakers the game. Whoever called the 6th foul on KG should be fired immediately. GIVE TECHS TO THE FLOPPERS.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #32 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya
 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 8,602
Representing:
Default

That was a clear foul on gasol. He hit KG twice in the arm before fisher went to the floor. And fisher holded Ray Ray in the last play. Lucky they didnt call it.
I dont feel bad for them though. After Cleveland they are the team that most crap calls get. Well. that was last year, now its pretty tied with LA.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #33 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya
 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 8,602
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i don't know how anybody outside of la and boston can cheer for either one of these teams. not taking anything away from the talent, and maybe i was just brought up in the time of the original star wars movies, but i just can't hope for first place dominant teams (i see both of these teams as the empire), flopping whiners or any of the personalities on these squads (except maybe gasol).

but hey, what do i know...?
I dont know. In LA everyone except Bryant are pretty likeable characters. Boston is different for me. I cant stand anyone except Ray Allen who is one of my favourite players (good that he is going to the all-star). They are hard workers, KG is basically the perfect teammate (on the floor), but their attitude is pretty bad. For me their are just a group of assholes.

I think the mistake is to think that this has anything to do with the Magic Vs Bird era and before.
Its obviously no where near but still its pretty entertaining seeing a great defense against a great offense.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,190
Representing:
Default

i just don't like hoping for the favourites. i'm an underdog guy, i just can't help it.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:54 PM   #35 (permalink)
the only guy who thinks Terrence Ross will be an all-star

Senior Member
 
The MVP of West Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,237
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i don't know how anybody outside of la and boston can cheer for either one of these teams. not taking anything away from the talent, and maybe i was just brought up in the time of the original star wars movies, but i just can't hope for first place dominant teams (i see both of these teams as the empire), flopping whiners or any of the personalities on these squads (except maybe gasol).

but hey, what do i know...?
Yeah I never get invested in these matchups because I fucking hate them both. I mean I love the way Boston plays, but yea, fuck the Celtics and fuck Kobe.
The MVP of West Hollywood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-05-2009, 11:57 PM   #36 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya
 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 8,602
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i just don't like hoping for the favourites. i'm an underdog guy, i just can't help it.
thats why we cheer for the raptors.

But since they dont play anything close to decent ball really, sometimes its good to cheer for other teams.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #37 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,190
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsius View Post
thats why we cheer for the raptors.

.
true. and for me you also have to include blind faith in the home team...

it may be a disease, btw...
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #38 (permalink)
I Get my Energy from my inner G

Senior Member
 
JJ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge Ontario
Posts: 645
Representing:
Default

GREAT GAME... even though it shouldaa been over in regulation if LA couldve hit their free throws
JJ28 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #39 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,190
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVP of West Hollywood View Post
Yeah I never get invested in these matchups because I fucking hate them both. I mean I love the way Boston plays, but yea, fuck the Celtics and fuck Kobe.
i don't think i'm saying fuck either of these teams, i'm just saying i can't cheer for them.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-06-2009, 12:15 AM   #40 (permalink)
confused why the raptors are so consistantly inconsistant

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 856
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Meh, whatever. Regular season doesnt matter anyway right? Well besides homecourt, now the Celtics have to work harder and now I think its more important that they need one more swing guy AT LEAST before the deadline. Getting a center would be nice too but how many teams are going to give up a decent 7 footer?

But seriously, the refs need to just swallow their whistles in the 4th. The amount of times teams go to the line in the 4th especially teams with stars is fucking ridiculous. Make these fuckers make shots and stop bailing them out unless its blatant. Theyll adjust and the game is that much better when the game isnt stopping every possession. The start of the 3rd was a joke, refs just willed the Lakers back into the game once the Celts took the 9 pt lead.

Credit to the Lakers though, they did make shats when the Celts when o ntheir runs. They utilized their bigs in the paint very nicely and exploited Bostons trapping defence for once.

But again, refs won the Lakers the game. Whoever called the 6th foul on KG should be fired immediately. GIVE TECHS TO THE FLOPPERS.
Give yellow cards to the floppers.
the_ raps_analyst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preseason Game Thread: Celtics vs. Raptors Acie Toronto Raptors 192 10-18-2009 05:31 PM
Game Thread: Toronto Raptors 108 - Los Angeles Lakers 117 (F) Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 117 03-13-2008 02:39 PM
Game Thread: Los Angeles Lakers 121 - Toronto Raptors 101 (F) Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 55 02-02-2008 10:35 PM
Game Thread: Boston Celtics 90 - Toronto Raptors 77 (F) Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 18 12-17-2007 09:15 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24