Lakers Looking At Adding Webber
Old 01-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 12,770
Representing:
Default Lakers Looking At Adding Webber

I guess with them being extremely thin in the front court right now, the Lakers may be looking to C-Webb. With Bynum out for the next 8 weeks and Mihm is still a couple weeks away from returning to the line-up, the Lakers are now going to be relying on Turiaf and Kwame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles Times
Now that their franchise-center-in-training will be taking at least an eight-week break, the Lakers are perilously thin in the middle.

Kwame Brown has started 178 games in his seven-year career, and newly anointed backup Ronny Turiaf is more of a power forward.

In an update provided by a team source, Chris Mihm is at least two weeks from returning, if not longer, from a sore right Achilles tendon.

Thus, the Lakers are sifting through the free-agent bin and coming up with such names as Chris Webber, P.J. Brown and DJ Mbenga.

The Lakers were intrigued by Webber a year ago and have been in contact with his representatives. They think he fits the mold of a triangle-offense player -- good passer, good jump shot -- but are concerned about his physical condition.

Webber, who will be 35 in March, has not played since last season. He averaged 11.2 points, 7.2 rebounds and 29.9 minutes in 61 games with Philadelphia and Detroit, but did not re-sign with the Pistons after their playoff run.
Link - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,278
Representing:
Default

I really dont' understand why Webber didn't resign with Detroit.... he's not the same guy but he can contribute.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.
 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 10,804
Representing:
Default

if he's healthy, he'll do well.
with kobe running the show, cwebb will just have to hit some jumpers and fill in some gaps.
i can see him putting up 11 and 6 easy.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,634
Representing:
Default

I see him coming back to Detroit.. unless LA throws some nice money his way. But then again, didn't Olympiakos throw some insane amount of cash his way and he declined? That would be silly then to go to LA just strictly for the cash. His best chance of getting to the championship is through Detroit.
He's at home in Detroit, he knows the system, I don't see him signing anyplace else really.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.
 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 10,804
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
I see him coming back to Detroit.. unless LA throws some nice money his way. But then again, didn't Olympiakos throw some insane amount of cash his way and he declined? That would be silly then to go to LA just strictly for the cash. His best chance of getting to the championship is through Detroit.
He's at home in Detroit, he knows the system, I don't see him signing anyplace else really.
then what was the problem this past off season?
why didnt he just re-sign then?
theres something more going on...
and it may not be about money, but no ones going over to europe to leave home and play when they are already filthy rich... so i totally see him joining LA if they pony up the cash...
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,634
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
then what was the problem this past off season?
why didnt he just re-sign then?
theres something more going on...
and it may not be about money, but no ones going over to europe to leave home and play when they are already filthy rich... so i totally see him joining LA if they pony up the cash...
I think he wanted a multi-year contract. Olympiacos offered him something like 4.5-5 mil a season for 3 seasons and he turned it down. He would have been a GOD over there. They would have worshipped him. They would have given him his own driver, his own decked out house, everything. He could have gotten the loot if he went to Greece. So I don't think it's the cash. Besides, if you had your choice of team and you say it isn't about the money cause you have enough already and just want a shot at a title, where would you rather go? LA or home in Detroit?
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.
 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 10,804
Representing:
Default

look at this current crop of nba players... hardly any of them want to play in canada... you think they'll even entertain the idea of going to europe? no way man.
the deal was 5 mil for 3 years, thats not alot... considering he made 15 million for one season not too long ago.

i think he knows that neither team (det or LA) will win this season (realistically), so he'll go where he will make more cash and get more notice.
he'll choose LA.
but with bynum gone, he wont want to play C, so that makes it a tougher decision.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,634
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
look at this current crop of nba players... hardly any of them want to play in canada... you think they'll even entertain the idea of going to europe? no way man.
the deal was 5 mil for 3 years, thats not alot... considering he made 15 million for one season not too long ago.

i think he knows that neither team (det or LA) will win this season (realistically), so he'll go where he will make more cash and get more notice.
he'll choose LA.
but with bynum gone, he wont want to play C, so that makes it a tougher decision.
I bet you a bottle of Heineken he re-signs in Detroit
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.
 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 10,804
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
I bet you a bottle of Heineken he re-signs in Detroit
BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love these kind of bets cause no matter who loses, you're still a winner.
deal hoops!
but lets make it a pitcher of heiny!
a pitcher at allstar wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,634
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love these kind of bets cause no matter who loses, you're still a winner.
deal hoops!
but lets make it a pitcher of heiny!
a pitcher at allstar wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're on, brother! You're right, Insider. No one loses this kind of bet. It's a lot of fun.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raptors to consider adding Pops LilRomeo Toronto Raptors 73 11-17-2009 09:14 PM
What About Adding Damon Jones? Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 13 11-14-2008 10:07 PM
Chris Webber Retires Thug NBA Talk 10 03-26-2008 10:30 AM
Webber signs with the Warriors Ball Don't Lie NBA Talk 2 01-29-2008 03:49 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24