Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Lakers about to sign Rasheed Wallace (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/lakers-about-sign-rasheed-wallace-22289.html)

jeffb 02-24-2012 05:05 PM

Lakers about to sign Rasheed Wallace
 
Quote:

CSNNE.com has learned that the former Boston Celtic forward plans to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Wallace hasnít played in an NBA game since Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, alerting the Cís shortly before the game that he planned to retire.
His addition will likely fuel rumors that the Lakers will become even more aggressive in their decision to trade away Pau Gasol.
:reporter:

Source: Rasheed Wallace to sign with Lakers

MrClutch 02-24-2012 05:08 PM

Guess rasheed wasnt ready to retire after all

Alex 02-24-2012 05:23 PM

Guys like 38

ClutchCity 02-24-2012 05:23 PM

This has to mean a trade is coming. No way LA fills their last roster spot with a big man when their weaknesses are clearly PG and SF. Pau might get traded?

JDMtors 02-24-2012 06:51 PM

^:yeahthat:, they are in a big need for a PG in their lineup that signing Rasheed is pointless. It seems like the Lakers have finally listened to Kobe

LX 02-24-2012 06:55 PM

He's not the best replacement for Pau. They're toast.

Someguy again 02-24-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 619295)
He's not the best replacement for Pau. They're toast.

the biggest attribute pau has over any big man on the lakers is his passing, which is huge for them. i have no idea what LA is trying to do, unless they stopped trying for a chip and just hand the ball to kobe even more and make him become the no. 1 scorer in NBA history.

LX 02-24-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someguy again (Post 619302)
the biggest attribute pau has over any big man on the lakers is his passing, which is huge for them. i have no idea what LA is trying to do, unless they stopped trying for a chip and just hand the ball to kobe even more and make him become the no. 1 scorer in NBA history.

That would seem to be Kobe's plan. I love how as he moved another notch up the scoring ladder he talked about not caring about anything but another ring. He always says the opposite of what he truly feels as displayed by his actions. Meaning he's always so full of shit.

ClutchCity 02-24-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 619334)
That would seem to be Kobe's plan. I love how as he moved another notch up the scoring ladder he talked about not caring about anything but another ring. He always says the opposite of what he truly feels as displayed by his actions. Meaning he's always so full of shit.

Oh god I hope you're kidding man. You think Kobe cares that much for these types of achievements like winning a scoring title or becoming a division champion or moving up on the all-time scoring list? Not to say it has no meaning to him, but the bigger picture and the ultimate goal is and always will be that 6th ring. He's not going to publicly rip Lakers management for no reason. I'm sure being a top 5 scorer of all time is a great achievement that he takes pride in even if he says otherwise, but know that anything short of a ring is a failure in his eyes, in the fans' eyes, and in the eyes of the organization as a whole.

SomeDPlease 02-24-2012 09:04 PM

The Lakers need Jose more than anything.

SomeDPlease 02-24-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 619334)
That would seem to be Kobe's plan. I love how as he moved another notch up the scoring ladder he talked about not caring about anything but another ring. He always says the opposite of what he truly feels as displayed by his actions. Meaning he's always so full of shit.

LX pretty much hit the nail on the head here, it's all a conspiracy to get Kobe to that number 1 spot on the scoring list. Seems to be working.

LX 02-24-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClutchCity (Post 619342)
Oh god I hope you're kidding man. You think Kobe cares that much for these types of achievements like winning a scoring title or becoming a division champion or moving up on the all-time scoring list? Not to say it has no meaning to him, but the bigger picture and the ultimate goal is and always will be that 6th ring. He's not going to publicly rip Lakers management for no reason. I'm sure being a top 5 scorer of all time is a great achievement that he takes pride in even if he says otherwise, but know that anything short of a ring is a failure in his eyes, in the fans' eyes, and in the eyes of the organization as a whole.

Yep. The guy that forced Shaq out cares nothing about individual achievements. You know how I know? Because he said so.

bjjs 02-24-2012 10:16 PM

I thought the Lakers were playing well against OKC until Kobe started ball hogging.

TORaptor4Ever 02-25-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClutchCity (Post 619342)
Oh god I hope you're kidding man. You think Kobe cares that much for these types of achievements like winning a scoring title or becoming a division champion or moving up on the all-time scoring list? Not to say it has no meaning to him, but the bigger picture and the ultimate goal is and always will be that 6th ring. He's not going to publicly rip Lakers management for no reason. I'm sure being a top 5 scorer of all time is a great achievement that he takes pride in even if he says otherwise, but know that anything short of a ring is a failure in his eyes, in the fans' eyes, and in the eyes of the organization as a whole.

If Kobe TRULY cared about winning and was as great as some people think he is (I've heard him mentioned as a top 10 player ALL-TIME) he should be smart enough to understand that taking 24 shots/gm when you have 2 of the league's best big men on your team probably isn't the best idea....

It's mind-blowing to me that the guy has the audacity to complain to management about ANYTHING. Guy's had a top-notch team around him for 90% of his career.

ClutchCity 02-25-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 619406)
If Kobe TRULY cared about winning and was as great as some people think he is (I've heard him mentioned as a top 10 player ALL-TIME) he should be smart enough to understand that taking 24 shots/gm when you have 2 of the league's best big men on your team probably isn't the best idea....

It's mind-blowing to me that the guy has the audacity to complain to management about ANYTHING. Guy's had a top-notch team around him for 90% of his career.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9988/kobe.gif

ClutchCity 02-25-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 619406)
If Kobe TRULY cared about winning and was as great as some people think he is (I've heard him mentioned as a top 10 player ALL-TIME) he should be smart enough to understand that taking 24 shots/gm when you have 2 of the league's best big men on your team probably isn't the best idea....

Don't get me wrong. I think he's shooting too much this year too, but then again...have you seen the Lakers play? It's actually funny how many times per game Kobe gets thrown the ball with 5 seconds left and has to create something for the offence. I don't think he can consistently do that at a high level like he has been for his entire career. Also, with no PG out there, he's their best playmaker. Lakers are the worst 3 point shooting team in the league. They may have the worst 4-12 rotation in the league. Bynum can't handle double teams (yet). Add all the up and it's really not surprising he's shooting 24 shots/game. The only real problem I have with his shooting is his crunch time shooting. Taking way too many difficult shots and what not. I think even a decent PG would do wonders for the Lakers' offense and would make Kobe play off-ball more, come off screens, catch the ball in motion, etc. which will increase efficiency.

I don't think Kobe/Pau/Bynum are the problem. They are all producing at a very high level. It's everyone else that's the problem. It's not like Bynum and Gasol don't get their touches...the whole problem is they don't have a good passer who can get the ball to them where they want it. They also don't have someone who can throw clean entry passes into the post. When you're not catching the ball where you want it, it makes it much harder on you as a player when you're not playing to you're strengths. With no triangle offense, the angles to throw these passes are more difficult and risky (that's why you don't NEED a good PG for triangle offence, but is essential for a traditional offence on a contending team). So a lot of the time you have guys trying to force feed Gasol/Bynum in the post, they catch the ball a couple feet outside of where they want it, and that hurts efficiency. Even when passes are made to 3 point shooters in the corners, I see it all the time where the shooter jumps to catch the ball and isn't catching it in motion. This either gives the defence enough time to recover, or makes the shot harder because you break your rhythm. So what happens then? Defence sags, packs the paint. More double teams against Gasol/Bynum. And then what options do those 2 have? Give it to Kobe or give it to Barnes/Peace/Fisher who can't hit open shots consistently. Blake/Goudelock/Murphy can shoot well but only of those 3 actually hit 1+ threes per game. I think that's why he takes so many shots. I don't know...I think Kobe shoots a lot, but I think most of it is justified. No one else can really create their own shot. That's why the Lakers have been trying hard to land a star PG.

Quote:

It's mind-blowing to me that the guy has the audacity to complain to management about ANYTHING. Guy's had a top-notch team around him for 90% of his career.
He wasn't complaining about his team, or the lack of talent on the Lakers. He was just saying that if they are going to trade Gasol, then do it, if not, then come out and say you're not. He publicly backed Gasol. Pau looks more confident and happy out there. He wasn't ripping management on not making moves or whatever, just simply pissed that they are just letting the Pau situation linger and it's hurting Pau and the team.

Bill Haverchuck 02-25-2012 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 619406)
If Kobe TRULY cared about winning and was as great as some people think he is.... he should be smart enough to understand that taking 24 shots/gm when you have 2 of the league's best big men on your team probably isn't the best idea....
.

Kobe's extra shots this season are being stolen from the perimeter scrubs, not the bigs.

Pau's usage rate is the same it was last year.

Bynum's usage rate is up considerably and he's taking more shots than ever.

You need some balance in your offence. You can't just pound it inside non-stop. There's been an increase in the number of perimeter shots Kobe takes because he is stealing them from the scrubs.

I don't particularly like Kobe, but I'd rather he shoot the ball than that terrible supporting cast. Somebody has to shoot from the outside. You have to keep the defence honest, or they'll just constantly collapse.

ClutchCity 02-25-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck (Post 619442)
Kobe's extra shots this season are being stolen from the perimeter scrubs, not the bigs.

Pau's usage rate is the same it was last year.

Bynum's usage rate is up considerably and he's taking more shots than ever.

You need some balance in your offence. You can't just pound it inside non-stop. There's been an increase in the number of perimeter shots Kobe takes because he is stealing them from the scrubs.

I don't particularly like Kobe, but I'd rather he shoot the ball than that terrible supporting cast. Somebody has to shoot from the outside. You have to keep the defence honest, or they'll just constantly collapse.

Yes, yes, yes. Someone who understands. I thought I was going crazy. It's ridiculous that even Lakers fans don't understand this.

bjjs 02-26-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck (Post 619442)
Kobe's extra shots this season are being stolen from the perimeter scrubs, not the bigs.

Pau's usage rate is the same it was last year.

Bynum's usage rate is up considerably and he's taking more shots than ever.

You need some balance in your offence. You can't just pound it inside non-stop. There's been an increase in the number of perimeter shots Kobe takes because he is stealing them from the scrubs.

I don't particularly like Kobe, but I'd rather he shoot the ball than that terrible supporting cast. Somebody has to shoot from the outside. You have to keep the defence honest, or they'll just constantly collapse.

Usage, smusage, numbers, schmumbers. They never have and never will tell the entire story.

True greatness in basketball is the ability to make teammates better when they are struggling and give them confidence, not steal their shots.

How the hell do you steal a teammate's shot anyways?? That doesn't make any sense.

Ataf 02-26-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 619825)
How the hell do you steal a teammate's shot anyways?? That doesn't make any sense.

Well instead of letting a teammate shoot, you call for it... and shoot. :reporter:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24