Kobe has a Kwame Brown Story - Page 2
Old 10-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,894
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
Jordan was known to be an absolute hardass on the court with his team mates... demanding better play or deal with him. The only difference between he and Kobe is that Jordan kept his mouth shut in public.
True, but Kobe didn't complain about the situation at the time he was dealing with it. What he says 4 years later about a certain instance that stands out is not complaining but just a interesting story that he felt like sharing. It's just something to laugh about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
its not hating, its being critical and jordan was never mentioned in this discussion
I am aware that MJ was not mentioned, but I am saying that had Jordan said the same thing (and I swore he did because he was the one who drafted Kwame), it would not turn into a discussion of a player bad mouthing his teammates. Jordan was just as harsh when it came to managing teammates, but people never talk about that, do they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
What you say to your team and about your team are two different things.
Like I said before, if he said that same story AT THE TIME it was happening, I can understand the criticism, but he's just sharing a humorous story that occurred like 4 years ago. Maybe he shouldn't have said it to the public, but really, it Kwame fuckin Brown. MJ talked so much shit about Kwame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
interfering with how the team is run goes beyond the threshold for me. I don't see how that can be defended. He's bitching about what he had to deal with, but it wasn't shit that he was in any position to try to deal with, and at the same time you can read Phil's book about how difficult it was for him and everyone else to deal with Kobe.
Interfering? How so? He kept his mouth shut during the time...now it's just something for him to look back on and laugh about. Or are you referring to Kobe wanting Kwame benched? Which superstar player wouldn't want Kwame benched if he told them to not pass the ball to him when he's WIDE open under the net? Dude has 0 confidence in himself...how can you expect someone else to have confidence in his "abilities"? And on top of all that, he can't shoot FT's...
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,673
Representing:
Default

haha this is funny
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
chucking wood like a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
interfering with how the team is run goes beyond the threshold for me. I don't see how that can be defended. He's bitching about what he had to deal with, but it wasn't shit that he was in any position to try to deal with, and at the same time you can read Phil's book about how difficult it was for him and everyone else to deal with Kobe.

Well what is Kobe supposed to do if Phil says "pass to Kwame" and Kwame says "don't pass to me"?
He has to go to the coach.
Maybe he's out of place being so forward and asking Phil to take Kwame out. But he sure has to bring this up.
And anyway you bring this up, it's obvious that the question is -- should Kwame stay or sit.
It's a timeout, end of game situation, Kobe didn't feel like going around the bush.

Usually smoke comes with fire, and I'm quite sure Kobe isn't the coolest teammate. But in this case it's hard to blame him.
ValanciunasFanboy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,678
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValanciunasFanboy View Post
Well what is Kobe supposed to do if Phil says "pass to Kwame" and Kwame says "don't pass to me"?
He has to go to the coach.
Maybe he's out of place being so forward and asking Phil to take Kwame out. But he sure has to bring this up.
And anyway you bring this up, it's obvious that the question is -- should Kwame stay or sit.
It's a timeout, end of game situation, Kobe didn't feel like going around the bush.

Usually smoke comes with fire, and I'm quite sure Kobe isn't the coolest teammate. But in this case it's hard to blame him.
I couldn't agree more.
Nites is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,721
Representing:
Default

If I'm coaching the Lakers (as a form of torture I suppose), I would be more than happy to hear Kobe tell me about his problem with Kwame, after the game. During the game - it's about the last thing I want to hear. And I especially don't want him making decisions for me, and then being steamed about me not following his presumed commands.

Read Kobe's words carefully. He is bothered by the scrubs around him, but he is absolutely dismayed by the actions of his coach (who just happens to have more rings than fingers to put them on) and the people that brought him to LA and got rid of Shaq when he requested it. The dude is fucking disgusting. I don't care how good he is. I have no time for a player that makes so much about him.

Oh - and bravo to Phil for refusing to indulge his superstar douchebag with a sense of entitlement that knows no bounds. He has to be loving his retirement.

Last edited by LX; 10-10-2011 at 09:00 PM.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 10,343
Representing:
Default

Kobe....All-Star/Douchebag...nuff said
Shadowfax is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #27 (permalink)
streets ahead.

Senior Member
 
SomeDPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,780
Representing:
Default

Who the hell would want a player on the court for an end-of-game situation who has literally said "don't pass me the ball". Talk about zero confidence. Imagine if Bargs said that? There would be a god damn riot on RF.

Fact is, there are guys on the bench wanting to play at the end of the game, wanting to be able to take the last shot if they're open. Gimme one of those guys, not a nervous wreck who has no confidence in his shot.
SomeDPlease is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

At least Kwame was honest in telling him he'd miss/fuck up...
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,894
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDPlease View Post
Who the hell would want a player on the court for an end-of-game situation who has literally said "don't pass me the ball". Talk about zero confidence. Imagine if Bargs said that? There would be a god damn riot on RF.

Fact is, there are guys on the bench wanting to play at the end of the game, wanting to be able to take the last shot if they're open. Gimme one of those guys, not a nervous wreck who has no confidence in his shot.
Finally, someone who gets it.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,721
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDPlease View Post
Who the hell would want a player on the court for an end-of-game situation who has literally said "don't pass me the ball". Talk about zero confidence. Imagine if Bargs said that? There would be a god damn riot on RF.

Fact is, there are guys on the bench wanting to play at the end of the game, wanting to be able to take the last shot if they're open. Gimme one of those guys, not a nervous wreck who has no confidence in his shot.
Once again, him being bothered by kwame's reaction is not my issue. It's the way he handled it. It's his sense of entitlement in dealing with his coach and GM. The dude wanted Shaq one so that he could be the man. He forced his team to be gutted, and then he makes a big issue of having to play with Kwame, and the hall of fame coach is supposed to act on impulses that would not make the team better one iota. Shaq was not on the bench ready to take that pass. Kobe had mad sure of that. Phil should have been more direct and told him to fuck himself, if anything.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,894
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
If I'm coaching the Lakers (as a form of torture I suppose), I would be more than happy to hear Kobe tell me about his problem with Kwame, after the game. During the game - it's about the last thing I want to hear. And I especially don't want him making decisions for me, and then being steamed about me not following his presumed commands.

Read Kobe's words carefully. He is bothered by the scrubs around him, but he is absolutely dismayed by the actions of his coach (who just happens to have more rings than fingers to put them on) and the people that brought him to LA and got rid of Shaq when he requested it. The dude is fucking disgusting. I don't care how good he is. I have no time for a player that makes so much about him.

Oh - and bravo to Phil for refusing to indulge his superstar douchebag with a sense of entitlement that knows no bounds. He has to be loving his retirement.
Wait until after the game? You mean when it's too late? Come on, as a superstar player who attracts so much attention on the court, you need players around you who can shots and have the CONFIDENCE to take those shots. Kwame had neither. You really think Jordan or any other superstar wouldn't bring the situation to the coach? Kwame literally walked up to Kobe to tell him to not pass it to him...wtf? Why are you on the court let alone the NBA? He doesn't deserve to be there. Just because Phil didn't take Kobe's suggestion of benching Kwame, doesn't make it the right decision...

I'm not saying Kobe's a good teammate, because as much as I love the dude, he's a douchebag times 10 000. But I really can't understand the hate for this. I can understand debating over whether he should've shared the story or not, but what he did on the court can definitely be justified.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #32 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,678
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Once again, him being bothered by kwame's reaction is not my issue. It's the way he handled it. It's his sense of entitlement in dealing with his coach and GM. The dude wanted Shaq one so that he could be the man. He forced his team to be gutted, and then he makes a big issue of having to play with Kwame, and the hall of fame coach is supposed to act on impulses that would not make the team better one iota. Shaq was not on the bench ready to take that pass. Kobe had mad sure of that. Phil should have been more direct and told him to fuck himself, if anything.
The way he dealt with it was perfect. It's not like he yelled in Kwame's face saying "get the fuck off the court". He asked Jackson if he could bench him because Kwame didn't want any part of what was going on in the play. How do you expect he win the game playing 4 on 5?
Nites is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,721
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
Wait until after the game? You mean when it's too late? Come on, as a superstar player who attracts so much attention on the court, you need players around you who can shots and have the CONFIDENCE to take those shots. Kwame had neither. You really think Jordan or any other superstar wouldn't bring the situation to the coach? Kwame literally walked up to Kobe to tell him to not pass it to him...wtf? Why are you on the court let alone the NBA? He doesn't deserve to be there. Just because Phil didn't take Kobe's suggestion of benching Kwame, doesn't make it the right decision...

I'm not saying Kobe's a good teammate, because as much as I love the dude, he's a douchebag times 10 000. But I really can't understand the hate for this. I can understand debating over whether he should've shared the story or not, but what he did on the court can definitely be justified.
So Kobe just gets to make the coaching decisions if he feels a game might be lost? Sorry, but the coach has to get a team through a season. 82 games. And Kwame was who they had. Kobe had no place to insert himself in that process at the end of one game in 82. Let the coach do his job. Do your job, and let the chips fall where Kwame is concerned. Instead he takes a bad situation, which he had a very large part in creating, and he makes it that much worse. But of course he ended up getting his way, and he got to make a big deal about his five rings. Go Kobe. Now make Pau beg for a few passes.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,721
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007nites View Post
The way he dealt with it was perfect. It's not like he yelled in Kwame's face saying "get the fuck off the court". He asked Jackson if he could bench him because Kwame didn't want any part of what was going on in the play. How do you expect he win the game playing 4 on 5?
Kobe is perfectly happy trying to win games playing 1 on 5. That's another thing that makes his story that much more ridiculous.

What would be wrong with confronting Kwame personally? Instead he took advantage of the situation to make a power play with his coach, and afterward demonstrate how furious he was just to be part of the organization. If that is handling things perfectly then I guess I'm just shocked that Kobe failed to win it all every season.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:24 PM   #35 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,894
Representing:
Default




Talk to the hand
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #36 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,688
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post



Talk to the hand
in that case...

'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
streets ahead.

Senior Member
 
SomeDPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,780
Representing:
Default

People love to take a whole lot of nothing and blow it outta proportion. He requested something from Phil, and Phil flat out denied him. Kobe complied.

LX, I take it you hate Kobe or something?
SomeDPlease is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,894
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
in that case...



Phil is the best. I am not arguing anything against that. It's clear that LX hates Kobe and that is all I am responding to. And even Phil makes mistakes, he made many during this past season. So I still don't understand the hate for the suggestion Kobe made to Phil.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #39 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,518
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
in that case...



Lebron jerks off to this picture late at night.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #40 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,721
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post


Phil is the best. I am not arguing anything against that. It's clear that LX hates Kobe and that is all I am responding to. And even Phil makes mistakes, he made many during this past season. So I still don't understand the hate for the suggestion Kobe made to Phil.
Yeah ok, Kobe simply made a suggestion. carry on then. I'm just a hater.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24