Is Kobe Close to Michael Jordan?
Old 08-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 839
Representing:
Is Kobe Close to Michael Jordan?

Artest thinks to seem so.

Quote:
Ron Artest believes that the Lakers can be like the Bulls of the late 1990s.

Artest, who signed a free-agent deal with Los Angeles this summer, grew up as a fan of Michael Jordan.

"The opportunity was unbelievable. I get a chance to play with Kobe, Michael Jordan's my favorite player, Kobe's probably the closest person to Michael Jordan, so I get to kind of relive that whole Chicago Bulls thing growing up, that was my favorite team," Artest told 790 The Ticket in Miami.

"So, Phil Jackson, you got Kobe Bryant, you got myself at the three like Scottie Pippen, you have a clutch shooter in Derek Fisher like a Steve Kerr, you have Lamar Odom like a Toni Kukoc, it's just fun, it's a dream. I thank God so much to be in this situation, get a chance to win, playing with the defending champs, and I'm in LA 'cause you know I love the spotlight."
RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Artest: Kobe Is Closest Thing To Jordan

Your thoughts?
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
a gearbox of epic proportions.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,051
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to B-RAD
Default

he reminds me of dennis rodman way too much.
B-RAD is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,734
Representing:
Default

Kobe is close, but might not ever get their. Michael was just so much better at taking what the defense gave him and not forcing tough shots. He made the game look easy.

Kobe just gives us spurts like that.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 839
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RAD View Post
he reminds me of dennis rodman way too much.
How so?
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
a gearbox of epic proportions.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,051
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to B-RAD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsdabest View Post
How so?
oh, i meant ron artest not kobe
B-RAD is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 839
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Kobe is close, but might not ever get their. Michael was just so much better at taking what the defense gave him and not forcing tough shots. He made the game look easy.

Kobe just gives us spurts like that.
Also Michael was clearly the best ever since he came into the league. Kobe started off averaging 8 a game I believe and the year he was supposed to win MVP, Dirk won and the byear Lebron should have won it Kobe won. Michael has more MVP awards than Kobe wil ever have. Since last season, I think he's kind of started to decline.
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 839
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RAD View Post
oh, i meant ron artest not kobe
Oh thats an easy connection to see. Oh and just wondering, do you think that Rodman was one of the dumbest players in the NBA?
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

Kobe has as much talent as MJ but he's missing that extra something. Artest can't see Pippen, let alone touch him.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,568
Representing:
Default

its more than about being talented...
i'm sure the 2 are almost identical in what they can do on a basketball court.

the thing that sets Jordan apart from guys like Kobe is that MJ had a characteristic that none of these superstars today have....
a style, a certain an unmistakable coolness. you couldnt help but respect him, and were pretty much in awe of him when he was on the court. even his foes respected and liked him.
Kobe doesnt have this, Lebron doesnt either.
Kobe is disliked by half the league and by a large part of the media... Lebron is seen as a premadonna.
Jordan, on the other hand always had an intangible calm/cool, mysterious swagger that was never over the top, or fake.
thats what sets him apart from today's superstars.
who knows, kobe and lebron in their primes may be more talented.... but they will never be considered in the same light as MJ because no one can ever duplicate his legend.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
acopur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 729
Representing:
Default

Quote:
So, Phil Jackson, you got Kobe Bryant, you got myself at the three like Scottie Pippen
kobe might be close to mj but artest is nowhere near to pippen..

Last edited by acopur; 08-18-2009 at 02:48 PM.
acopur is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,387
Representing:
Default

Kobe can't be close, maybe the closest to Jordan but he is far off.

just like what insider said and besides Kobe already lost twice in the finals, something jordan is undefeated in.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF OG
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: At my house
Posts: 1,381
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
its more than about being talented...
i'm sure the 2 are almost identical in what they can do on a basketball court.

the thing that sets Jordan apart from guys like Kobe is that MJ had a characteristic that none of these superstars today have....
a style, a certain an unmistakable coolness. you couldnt help but respect him, and were pretty much in awe of him when he was on the court. even his foes respected and liked him.
Kobe doesnt have this, Lebron doesnt either.
Kobe is disliked by half the league and by a large part of the media... Lebron is seen as a premadonna.
Jordan, on the other hand always had an intangible calm/cool, mysterious swagger that was never over the top, or fake.
thats what sets him apart from today's superstars.
who knows, kobe and lebron in their primes may be more talented.... but they will never be considered in the same light as MJ because no one can ever duplicate his legend.
Bravo.
That might be the best I've ever heard (read?) it put.
Thanks.
Dann38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
Kobe can't be close, maybe the closest to Jordan but he is far off.

just like what insider said and besides Kobe already lost twice in the finals, something jordan is undefeated in.
Bryant has four rings, Jordan has six.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,739
Representing:
Default

Kobe is not close to a few guys.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rob Ford's dopeman.

Senior Member
 
Febreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anywhere there's Internet
Posts: 2,845
Representing:
Default

Jordan is on a different level. There's not one highlight that comes to mind when thinking of Kobe.
I just picture the afro and sprite.(Ads from when I was a kid) Jordan has all those clutch game winning shots. Amazing acrobatic shots you know Jordan's done it. The only thing Kobe's going down as is best laker ever, and that is still Debatable.
Febreezy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 839
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febreezy View Post
Jordan is on a different level. There's not one highlight that comes to mind when thinking of Kobe.
I just picture the afro and sprite.(Ads from when I was a kid) Jordan has all those clutch game winning shots. Amazing acrobatic shots you know Jordan's done it. The only thing Kobe's going down as is best laker ever, and that is still Debatable.
Best Laker ever is Magic by far so it says something.
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
is on that grind

Senior Member
 
jumplvlan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,053
Representing:
Default

The fact that he's so hated yet people continue to always debate this issue MUST prove something right?
jumplvlan23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,734
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumplvlan23 View Post
The fact that he's so hated yet people continue to always debate this issue MUST prove something right?
It proves he's the best in the league, right now.

To Kobe's credit, I think it's a more athletic league nowadays, I think it would be hard for Mike 1990 to be Mike in 2009.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 839
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumplvlan23 View Post
The fact that he's so hated yet people continue to always debate this issue MUST prove something right?
Kobe is the third best player behind the King and D-Wade.
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,200
Representing:
Default

I think todays game is much harder to play in vs other decades due to the zone defence and like BJJS said, players being that much more athletic. You go to the playgrounds and play vs uber athletic guys WITHOUT refs you really get a feel of how hard it is to score. Moreso because if you call fouls they PMS, but back to the point:

I think people comparing the Bob Cousys to todays PGs are a joke. Ive seen some of his games and his stats and I still dont understand how hes rated so highly even though he shoots 38% in a league with little compettition. Theres always the argument that you give the players back then the stuff they have today and them growing up in a different kind of game now then who knows, but I just cant see a player like Cousy, just as one example, being put in the same sentence as a Paul or Williams.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Michael Jordan golfs at Mike Weir Charity lebron NBA Talk 2 07-21-2009 01:11 PM
Michael Jordan wants to purchase B-RAD NBA Talk 5 06-26-2009 12:36 PM
(K-079) Huge Michael Jordan Tribute Thread (HQ Clips) KETJE079 Raptors Video Vault 1 05-10-2009 03:20 PM
Kobe = Jordan?... or Pippen? Bmats7 NBA Talk 9 02-07-2009 01:34 AM
Jordan vs. Kobe Dr. J. Naismith NBA Talk 13 06-13-2008 10:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24