Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Kings Sac(K) westphal (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/kings-sac-k-westphal-21808.html)

Scully 01-05-2012 02:52 PM

Kings Sac(K) westphal
 
Ken Berger is reporting via twitter the Paul Westphal has been let go by the kings.

I hope this isn't on Cousins's behalf. Dropping a coach because he benched a 30% fg shooting PF/C is ridiculous. I think they choose the wrong side to back on this one.

ScottMescudi 01-05-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

The Sacramento Kings announced they've fired coach Paul Westphal after a 2-5 start to the season.
From yahoo sports.

Northern Neighbour 01-05-2012 03:08 PM

It's about time. Westphal is a terrible NBA coach.

jeffb 01-05-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour (Post 596272)
It's about time. Westphal is a terrible NBA coach.

Well, they have been awful.

Scully 01-05-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour (Post 596272)
It's about time. Westphal is a terrible NBA coach.

He was pretty good in 93. I think he may not translate to todays NBA player. Then again the majority of players on that team don't seem to show a willingness to be coached.

powerfulpanda 01-05-2012 03:32 PM

ya westphal is horrible and the wrong coach for such a young team. its not a surprise that cousins would get frustrated. i'm sure other players feel the same way, its just cousins personality to lash out about it

Northern Neighbour 01-05-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 596282)
Well, they have been awful.

There's quite a bit of talent in Sacramento, but there's no chemistry and coaching is a big part of that.

The Raptors don't have as much talent as the Kings (pretty much the same roster as last year), but they have a lot more chemistry thanks to Casey.

jeffb 01-05-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scully (Post 596287)
He was pretty good in 93. I think he may not translate to todays NBA player. Then again the majority of players on that team don't seem to show a willingness to be coached.

93? Well then, how dare they fire him? lol


JK

Scully 01-05-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfulpanda (Post 596288)
ya westphal is horrible and the wrong coach for such a young team. its not a surprise that cousins would get frustrated. i'm sure other players feel the same way, its just cousins personality to lash out about it

Pretty sure Cousins is frustrated because he can't buy a bucket in the paint. It isn't the coaches fault that he can't play. 6'11 and 30%!! from the field= garbage

powerfulpanda 01-05-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scully (Post 596291)
Pretty sure Cousins is frustrated because he can't buy a bucket in the paint. It isn't the coaches fault that he can't play. 6'11 and 30%!! from the field= garbage

can't play?! the guy is super talented. you see it on the court with some of the stuff he's able to do and then just as often he leaves you shaking your head in a bad way.
the kings made the right decision here. player > coach, whether fair or not. calipari was able to contain cousins in college. the kings also have tyreke, jimmer, thornton who all need to dominate the ball so when cousins gets it the only thing he's thinking about is scoring because it'll be a while till he gets the ball again. thats where the bad shots, bad fg% and high turnovers come from. and thats on coaching.

Someguy again 01-05-2012 04:12 PM

still wondering why vinny del negro has a job

Toby 01-05-2012 08:45 PM

Watch Westphal take over next year for the Heat, if Spoelstra gets canned by for not winning the Championship.

jermyzy 01-05-2012 08:46 PM

Westphal out, Keith Smart in

Kings fire Westphal, bring in Smart as new coach - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Beesh 01-06-2012 12:25 AM

team is horrible, Westpaul just had to deal with a bunch of imature kids like cousins. Firing Westpaul aint gonna change Cousins attitude or make this team better

bjjs 01-06-2012 01:11 AM

Cousins is 21 years old, immature...but the immaturity comes from a good place. He wants to win.

And for a 7' foot 21 year old, he has some serious game.

bjjs 01-06-2012 01:21 AM

Joe Maloof said he never approved Paul Westphal's statement about DeMarcus Cousins - Sam Amick - SI.com

I like the reasoning behind the firing. Sounds to me like Cousins said some quick words while he was emotional, Westphal going to the media with it was unprofessional.

monn7 01-06-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someguy again (Post 596304)
still wondering why vinny del negro has a job

+10000000

Beesh 01-06-2012 11:47 PM

lol come on man, you can't tell me that a guy like cousins has enough game to get a coach fired. He's not even an all star....not even close lol. I understand he's young, but is he the face of the franchise? hope not. I just don't see how Cousins would have that much credibility at that age to have any input in the direction of an organization, doesn't make sense to me.

bjjs 01-07-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beesh (Post 597130)
lol come on man, you can't tell me that a guy like cousins has enough game to get a coach fired. He's not even an all star....not even close lol. I understand he's young, but is he the face of the franchise? hope not. I just don't see how Cousins would have that much credibility at that age to have any input in the direction of an organization, doesn't make sense to me.

He has no credibility, which is exactly why Westphal was unprofessional when he made a statement to the press.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24