Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Kahn saying what many are probably thinking (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/kahn-saying-what-many-probably-thinking-20266.html)

jeffb 05-18-2011 12:37 AM

Kahn saying what many are probably thinking
 
Quote:

"This league has a habit, and I am just going to say habit, of producing some pretty incredible story lines. Last year it was Abe Pollin's widow and this year it was a 14-year-old boy ... We were done. I told Kevin: 'We're toast.' This is not happening for us and I was right."
Cleveland Cavaliers win NBA lottery, No. 1 pick; Minnesota Timberwolves get No. 2 pick - ESPN

Superjudge 05-18-2011 12:53 AM

can you say massive fine.

jeffb 05-18-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 540211)
can you say massive fine.

define massive

Bill Haverchuck 05-18-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 540214)
define massive

My penis

Kirby 05-18-2011 12:59 AM

I applaud all of you. :cookie:

Kuzzy 05-18-2011 02:07 AM

Lol poor Minnesota just cant catch a break.

Bankiz 05-18-2011 04:15 AM

let's face it, lottery seems a bit not lottery anymore :
2010 washinfgton has the bad year with the arenas problem and they get the first !

2011: cleveland has his star who left, and they end up with 1st too.
NBA like dunk contest seems to take a wrong path.
i' m not pissed because we have 5th, that is fine for me, but i m pissed because they cjeat on so manything, that can be good for th future.

i think fan will begin to think about their favorite sport league as a joke...
i think i will be part of the wagon for sure :

refs, draft, all-star, all about show. where is the sport in that matter ?

Alex 05-18-2011 05:50 AM

Rigged. Let's convince Cleveland to pick Jimmer :cookie:

TORaptor4Ever 05-18-2011 06:11 AM

Just the fact that no one gets to actually SEE the ping pong balls drop makes it a joke.

When it comes to the Raps though should we really be surprised? This city has a tradition of supporting a loser no matter what..... we have one of the better attendances in the league in spite of the fact that we usually don't make the playoffs. Our owners are making money for the league. People are continuing to show up.

Why would Stern feel bad for us?

weswo 05-18-2011 07:22 AM

In the grand scheme of things...If we didnt get the first this is better...has we got the 2nd or 3rd we would have thought of picking up a position we dont need or would have been risky ie Kanter...I was almost convinced to jump on his bandwagon but the 1 yr rust, no exposure and wobbly knees for a centre kept me grounded...WE NEED A PG ...not saying this year is the end all for pg's but the top 3 pg's are better then what we currently have...I say pick up knight or walker ...hopefully BC has in that contract to dump bargs...pick up a free agent c or trade bargs for a draft pick whatever i'm just hoping not to see him in a raps uniform ever again!

PS - the lottery so needs to go live ie balls droppin lol ...how is it when cle needed the number 1 pick in the last what 8 years theyve got it??? bulls ...rose....washington wall...Rigged, i agree with some of you guys the NBA is becoming a farce shit needs to change

NaturallyStoned 05-18-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 540265)
Just the fact that no one gets to actually SEE the ping pong balls drop makes it a joke.

Team representatives do. If it's rigged then the entire NBA is in on it.

And Kahn's had 3 top 6 picks, Al Jefferson, and took on a former #2 overall for peanuts, and now a #2 of his own, all in his short time there. Nothing's rigged. You're just bad at your job.

Ex2k 05-18-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 540265)
Just the fact that no one gets to actually SEE the ping pong balls drop makes it a joke.

From D Smith who actually saw the balls fall...

Quote:

So, what’s it like in there?

Mind-numbingly boring for the most part but kind of cool.

We’re shepherded into the room about 7 p.m., reps of the 14 teams, a handful of league officials, three very large security guards and five members of the media to act as witnesses, or hostages.

You walk in the boardroom and they want you’re blackberries or phones or whatever you have, as expected, although we could keep tape recorders if we wanted and could use laptops, as it turns out, because they had blocked any wireless access to the room.

But the speed with which it came together was stunning.

A dude from Ernst and Young walked everyone through the process, the balls were dropped one-by-one into the hopper (which looks like a toned-down version of any old lottery machine and was built specifically for the event) and then it started.

Three draws, each taking a minute and it was all over and done with by 7:23 p.m. if the chicken scratch in the notebook can be trusted.

Then? Then we stood around nibbling on cold cuts and cookies and drinking coffee and soda, chatting with the likes of Ernie Grunfeld and Billy McKinny, Marc Eversley and a handful of others.

Nice talks, very long wait while watching the whole process on TV like many of you were.

But you need to trust me on this: It so above-board and impossible to rig and witnessed by so many people with so much vested interest in the process that there’s no way it could be anything but legit.

I’m sure that won’t appease everyone but I really don’t care.


Acie 05-18-2011 11:19 AM

I like that Kahn calls it like he sees it.

It's good amusement.

brianso 05-18-2011 12:53 PM

Did you guys watch the video that comes up on the original link?
They got us taking Tristan Thompson at 5...

Gurk 05-18-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianso (Post 540356)
Did you guys watch the video that comes up on the original link?
They got us taking Tristan Thompson at 5...

Yea I just saw that and I don't think that will happen at all. We already have that 4 spot set with Davis and Amir. We will take or hopefully take a PG, Walker or Knight

INSIDER 05-18-2011 02:37 PM

If Khan is smart, next year he'll send his dog to represent the team! they have to win it then!

Bill Haverchuck 05-18-2011 02:38 PM

BC needs to send someone from the Toronto Children's Hospital.

jeffb 05-18-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 540404)
If Khan is smart, next year he'll send his dog to represent the team! they have to win it then!

Maybe Colangelo has a relative with a disability?? Hell, could we be so lucky?



jk ;)

Claudius 05-18-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 540404)
If Khan is smart, next year he'll send his dog to represent the team! they have to win it then!

Kinda like the executive vice president mr. burns hires in the simpsons.

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/Ac...970504-696.jpg

Toby 05-18-2011 06:22 PM

NBA needs to go back to Lotto ball style. I miss the little ping pong balls with the team logo's on them.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24