Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Jeff Van Gundy's on the FAN590 right now (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/jeff-van-gundys-fan590-right-now-6107.html)

N64 01-29-2009 03:42 PM

Jeff Van Gundy's on the FAN590 right now
 
Jeff Van Gundy's on the FAN590 right now

http://www.fan590.com/listen

Dr. J. Naismith 01-29-2009 04:00 PM

Courtesy of NG15 from the RealGM. :)

Quote:

Says NEITHER deserve to make the all-star game (Varajeao, and Bosh)..

Said Bosh is top 5 player at his position..As well, winning makes a BIG difference..

Thinks Toronto can easily make the playoffs..

Thinks Toronto, if he had to pick, is gonna make the biggest jump in the NBA, in terms of winning.

He also said the Kobe didn't deserve to make the team a few years ago when the Lakers went 42-40..

He said it's no knock on Bosh, it's just that you have to be over .500 in order to make it, through his perspective.

Snooch 01-29-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Said Bosh is top 5 player at his position
Wow, JVG says what I say.

He is barely in the top 5 at his position, let alone one of the best in the NBA.....:police::yeah:

the_ raps_analyst 01-29-2009 04:04 PM

i wish he coached the raps.

dfunkie1 01-29-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snooch (Post 132205)
Wow, JVG says what I say.

He is barely in the top 5 at his position, let alone one of the best in the NBA.....:police::yeah:

check your reading snooch

Quote:

Said Bosh is top 5 player at his position

he's talked amongst amare and gasol more than duncan, garnett and dirk.

Snooch 01-29-2009 05:36 PM

^ OK so that puts him at 4 at best. Behind Dirk, Duncan and Garnett.

Thats barely in the top 5 at his position at best.

And it is up for debate about who is better between Gasol, Amare and Bosh

dfunkie1 01-29-2009 07:01 PM

what's your point? i've never once read that bosh is the best at his position, or top three.

always trying to bash bosh and always failing. poor you.

Snooch 01-29-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackson Filth (Post 132311)
what's your point? i've never once read that bosh is the best at his position, or top three.

always trying to bash bosh and always failing. poor you.

Failing, yeah whatever.

This all started a while back when I said that Bosh was arguably not even top 5 at his position and many posters here thought that was ridiculous. So I proved it with numbers, some said that all "statistics dont prove everything" when they do and still gave him the benefit of the doubt.


Fuck it, I give up it, its like teaching a dog to fly.

Bosh is easily the greatest player to step on the NBA court, no other player at his position save for Mabey Garnett and Duncan(bu they are old) could ever put up similar numbers on a shit awful team while being forcefed the ball for most possesions....nobody.

And he is really funny and makes great videos.

XiaominWu 01-29-2009 09:15 PM

"The Best" is an arbitrary thing when you are talking about rating guys.... it's all opinion.... why in the world would you attempt to "prove" something like that?

Snooch 01-29-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XiaominWu (Post 132379)
"The Best" is an arbitrary thing when you are talking about rating guys.... it's all opinion.... why in the world would you attempt to "prove" something like that?

I preved that Bosh wasnt the best.

XiaominWu 01-29-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snooch (Post 132381)
I preved that Bosh wasnt the best.

No, you didn't.... because "the best" doesn't exist other than in someone's opinion.

Ugo Ferst 01-29-2009 10:42 PM

5 x 5 is 25, do you think it is easy to get a top five at any position in the nba?? Yet you freely admit you have him in your top five but arent happy?? Sorry bro, thats pathetic, your one of those unsatisfied fans for life, expecting us to draft LeBron or sign D12 as an FA, you wont be happy til we have the best player in the league?? Do you think those players want to come here?? Seriously, you need a reality check Snooch. Top 5 players at any position dont grow on threes, in fact there are 25 of them in the entire WORLD.... yet you want to shun one, send him away, and think magically we will get 2 more...

Think about it, you are openly admitting we have a top 25 player in the world on our team, and he is the guy that needs to go?? hahahahah your arguement is so flawed and flat out stupid, im lost on what to say anymore, i try debating, but its just blind hate you have, and you try to find any way to prove he sucks, but then say yea he is top 5 at his position LOL

EPIC FAIL!!

Snooch 01-30-2009 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst (Post 132425)
5 x 5 is 25, do you think it is easy to get a top five at any position in the nba?? Yet you freely admit you have him in your top five but arent happy?? Sorry bro, thats pathetic, your one of those unsatisfied fans for life, expecting us to draft LeBron or sign D12 as an FA, you wont be happy til we have the best player in the league?? Do you think those players want to come here?? Seriously, you need a reality check Snooch. Top 5 players at any position dont grow on threes, in fact there are 25 of them in the entire WORLD.... yet you want to shun one, send him away, and think magically we will get 2 more...

Think about it, you are openly admitting we have a top 25 player in the world on our team, and he is the guy that needs to go?? hahahahah your arguement is so flawed and flat out stupid, im lost on what to say anymore, i try debating, but its just blind hate you have, and you try to find any way to prove he sucks, but then say yea he is top 5 at his position LOL

EPIC FAIL!!



Top 5 at his position is not what the debate was about. I said he isnt the best, people here was saying that he was second best, absolute best when taking into consideration age. I disagreed 100 fold because that is wrong.

I used all the current stats and proved that the position he places amungst power forwards in terms of production was outside of the top 5 at his position.

And I never once said that Bosh isnt a very good player, I dont like his game but that doesnt matter, he is a very good, second teir star. The type you build with not around. But he is not top five at his position, therefore expendable.

With Bargs going to be our center and Jose at the point and hopefully a driving, slashing wing......osh isnt even going to be needed here, a big tough reboundung PF is what is going to be needed (Bass, Verajao)

And epic fail? I think not.


Quote:

No, you didn't.... because "the best" doesn't exist other than in someone's opinion.
Sorry Xu, I proved he wasnt putting up the top numbers at his position compared to all others at his position when balancing out all the stats over an even time frame. Not that he wasnt the "best"


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24