Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Jarrett Jack arrested for DUI (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/jarrett-jack-arrested-dui-19422.html)

jeffb 02-21-2011 10:22 AM

Jarrett Jack arrested for DUI
 
Quote:

New Orleans Hornets guard Jarrett Jack, who helped lead Georgia Tech to the 2004 NCAA title game, was arrested in Gwinnett County early Sunday on charges of DUI, speeding and failure to maintain lane, police said.

Jack, 27, who lives in Atlanta, was stopped in a black Mercedes-Benz shortly after 4 a.m. for speeding on U.S. 78 westbound near McGee Road, Snellville police said. He was driving 66 in a 45 mph zone, police said.

"The officer paced the vehicle, verifying that it was speeding, and observed the vehicle cross the center line and the fog line," Snellville Police Chief Roy Whitehead wrote in an email. "He stopped the vehicle and smelled an odor of alcoholic beverage coming from the driver, Jarrett Matthew Jack. He conducted field sobriety tests, which Mr. Jack failed."

Because the police department's Intoxilyzer was not working, Jack was given the test at the Gwinnett County Jail, according to Whitehead. Jack registered a .079 at 5:38 a.m., 90 minutes after the traffic stop, according to Whitehead.

"In general, alcohol dissipates from the system at approximately .02 grams per hour," Whitehead wrote. "Therefore, he would have been over the limit of .08 at the time of the driving infraction.

Former Tech star Jarrett Jack arrested for DUI in Gwinnett | ajc.com

Superjudge 02-21-2011 10:35 AM

I'm pretty certain that if he blows .79, then thats the only value they can use because they cannot prove that he was ever higher.

gdaytday 02-21-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 511439)
I'm pretty certain that if he blows .79, then thats the only value they can use because they cannot prove that he was ever higher.

You are correct. Also...alcohol doesn't only disipate. It's possible to blow one value let's say a .8 and then blow a higher value fifteen minutes later.

Superjudge 02-21-2011 10:48 AM

exacatly, it could actually get higher if he had just left and had a stomach full of the drink!

I would expect he got a 12 hour suspension and a fine, not the media will rake Jarret over the coals like he was Lindsay Logan.... I hate our society.

weswo 02-21-2011 10:52 AM

I'm not sure what mechanism your using but your blood alcohol level doesn't and can't rise in time and also not sure how it is in the states but in canada if he blew let's say .79 after they can take that to court and have an expert come in to testify that 1.5 hrs ago at the time of the stop his blood alcohol would have been this etc...and to add to the officers observations he made he would be convicted

Raptorman 02-21-2011 10:55 AM

Lindsay Logan? HAHAHAHA...typo PhAiLlE


Lindsay Logan - IMDb

Movies: 12 Nasty Girls Masturbating 4 - Natural Teen Nymphs 2

What is SJ watching these days??

Barracuda 02-21-2011 10:56 AM

He has a problem and refuses to get help.

It's quite sad, really.


:)

Superjudge 02-21-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weswo (Post 511449)
I'm not sure what mechanism your using but your blood alcohol level doesn't and can't rise in time and also not sure how it is in the states but in canada if he blew let's say .79 after they can take that to court and have an expert come in to testify that 1.5 hrs ago at the time of the stop his blood alcohol would have been this etc...and to add to the officers observations he made he would be convicted

well, you're wrong, if you leave wherever you are going, and take a nice big old drink of whatever, it does in fact take a while for it to enter your blood stream, so, it's all timing. But you bet your ass it can actually rise.

Superjudge 02-21-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptorman (Post 511452)
Lindsay Logan? HAHAHAHA...typo PhAiLlE


Lindsay Logan - IMDb

Movies: 12 Nasty Girls Masturbating 4 - Natural Teen Nymphs 2

What is SJ watching these days??

:yeah:

Dark Knight 02-21-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptorman (Post 511452)
Lindsay Logan? HAHAHAHA...typo PhAiLlE


Lindsay Logan - IMDb

Movies: 12 Nasty Girls Masturbating 4 - Natural Teen Nymphs 2

What is SJ watching these days??

I don't know whats worse, the fact that you know exactly who this "Lindsay Logan" is, or that I don't. :giggity:

weswo 02-21-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 511473)
well, you're wrong, if you leave wherever you are going, and take a nice big old drink of whatever, it does in fact take a while for it to enter your blood stream, so, it's all timing. But you bet your ass it can actually rise.

I was going to add a correction to say you're right but in jj's circumstances highly doubtful that he took a big enough chug of booze then hopped behind the wheel and within that time he was stopped by police for his rate to go up...it was likey a time later he was stopped that's all I'm saying ...if he blew .79 let's say ...he was prob around 100 which being an athlete of his degree and time of day being late ...his impairment was prob exaggerated enough to effect his driving ability...he prob felt like he was driving with 150i - 200

LX 02-21-2011 01:17 PM

Could it be that because he was a well-known athlete that the breathalyzer conveniently stopped working? Quite a break by the looks of it.

weswo 02-21-2011 03:14 PM

Yep like I said if it was in canada the cop wouldn't have done the breathlyzermmmjust straight to station get tested ...cause come court time a lawyer would suggest that if the cops grounds were strong enough for an impaired charge take him in immediately to get tested ..cop does a roadside means it would be an over .80 charge different charge

js12 02-21-2011 03:37 PM

Damn, that's not the Jarrett Jack I thought I knew.

Toby 02-21-2011 08:30 PM

Dude can't drive. He totaled out his car on a parked semi-truck trailer on his way to practice when he was a Blazer. Got a bad concussion from the accident and played shitty ball for like a 2 months afterwards.

.079 ???
That's like 3 beers dude

JoeyJoJo Shabbadu 02-21-2011 11:38 PM

.08 isn't drunk here, not sure how it is there. You ask me he probabaly got railroaded. How do you appear drunk at that level and fail a field test (walk the line)? Oh ya... its the south.

LX 02-22-2011 07:20 AM

Except that he got off. That's a piss-poor job of railroading.

Superjudge 02-22-2011 11:08 AM

.8 is a 12 hour suspension here and the value is being lowered.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24