Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   If I were NO I would trade my #1 pick to... (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/if-i-were-no-i-would-trade-my-1-pick-23222.html)

DocHoliday99 06-27-2012 03:22 PM

If I were NO I would trade my #1 pick to...
 
If I were NO I would trade my #1 pick to Orlando. Send soon to be acquired R.Lewis/#1 (being AD) for Howard/#19. Then draft Ross at #10 for and Marshall or Teague at #19. Resign Gordon and Kaman cheap or target a back-up C and a PF in FA. Orlando can end the nightmare and have a super #1 again to reload. Add to that R.Lewis and Turkey comes off the books this coming year giving the team 2 assets for trades or let them walk generating 32 million in cap space next year. The team would also play themselves into the lottery for next year - great position to be in - for both teams. Maybe Stern can quietly bully Howard to shut up and sign for a couple years. Hell, NO can go after Paul as well as he's an UFA next year :)

Have a line-up of:

J.Jack/ (Marshall or Teague)
E.Gordon/Belinelli
Ross/Aminu/Landry
J.Smith/Landry
Howard/Kaman

DocHoliday99 06-27-2012 03:23 PM

I only had a little medication today but I see things so clear buah hahahahaha

Ataf 06-27-2012 03:35 PM

I don't see why you'd trade the no.1 pick for anyone really :s (Exception being Durant Or Lebron)
Davis has potential, and a lot of years ahead of him. You don't throw it away and assume he wont be great. His ceiling is apparently to be better than Howard, not saying he will, but his potential is projected that he'll be great.
Gordon and Davis are young, let them grow together. Go through some experiences together. It makes perfect sense to just keep it going as it is.

Howard is not making it clear where he'll be after his contract is over, even if he's traded. If I was a franchise which isn't named the Nets, I wouldn't even bother gambling or destroying my roster(clearing cap space) for him. Nets have nothing to lose at this point, their franchise is already gone to hell with their stupid Gerald Wallace trade and pursuit of Howard.

Ball Don't Lie 06-27-2012 03:46 PM

You really think Howard would stay on a playoff NOH team, let alone a lotto one? Way too many meds.

Admiral 06-27-2012 04:07 PM

and this is related to the raptors in what way?

DocHoliday99 06-27-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral (Post 658337)
and this is related to the raptors in what way?

Oops obviously I meant the NBA talk thread. Thanks for pointing that out.

JoeyJoJo Shabbadu 06-27-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 (Post 658307)
I only had a little medication today but I see things so clear buah hahahahaha

Up the dosage.

DocHoliday99 06-27-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ataf (Post 658315)
I don't see why you'd trade the no.1 pick for anyone really :s (Exception being Durant Or Lebron)
Davis has potential, and a lot of years ahead of him. You don't throw it away and assume he wont be great. His ceiling is apparently to be better than Howard, not saying he will, but his potential is projected that he'll be great.
Gordon and Davis are young, let them grow together. Go through some experiences together. It makes perfect sense to just keep it going as it is.

Howard is not making it clear where he'll be after his contract is over, even if he's traded. If I was a franchise which isn't named the Nets, I wouldn't even bother gambling or destroying my roster(clearing cap space) for him. Nets have nothing to lose at this point, their franchise is already gone to hell with their stupid Gerald Wallace trade and pursuit of Howard.

Obviously it's contingent on Howard. As for projections on AD, I would take a 26 year old D12 100 out of 100 times over him. Gordon is no lock to stay even with AD coming on board. And with a 'hell and a hand basket' franchise in the Nets, tell me why again Howard would sign there?

DocHoliday99 06-27-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu (Post 658355)
Up the dosage.

boooo....you guys have no vision :cookie:. Anyone that would keep AD over Howard is insane and should be shot. Now I'm not saying it would happen but if D12 sees a roster that is competitive...then giddyup.

LX 06-27-2012 06:46 PM

I already like AD 1000 times more than supergoof. And why is Vasquez being forgotten?

Don Vito 06-27-2012 07:16 PM

Trade Davis for Howard and then Howard jumps ship next season leaving N.O back at square one.

JoeyJoJo Shabbadu 06-27-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 (Post 658360)
boooo....you guys have no vision :cookie:. Anyone that would keep AD over Howard is insane and should be shot. Now I'm not saying it would happen but if D12 sees a roster that is competitive...then giddyup.

Factor in salary and the other player u can't sign,, longevity, who the winner is... then tke your meds... then come back and think the same.

DocHoliday99 06-27-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 658401)
I already like AD 1000 times more than supergoof. And why is Vasquez being forgotten?

He hasn't been forgotten just bypassed cause he's chosen to stay over seas and until he signs here he's superfluos.

DocHoliday99 06-27-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu (Post 658427)
Factor in salary and the other player u can't sign,, longevity, who the winner is... then tke your meds... then come back and think the same.

AD is not a savior and unlike above he won't be half the dominant force D12 is. And of course it depends on Howard resigning, he's a joke right now and will destroy the Magic much like Shaq did.

LX 06-27-2012 08:21 PM

We must be talking about different people. Greivis Vasquez?

INSIDER 06-27-2012 09:16 PM

Trade a potential all star and consensus number 1 pick who would be under contract for the next 4 years And restricted fa for a one year rental? Hahahahahahaha worst trade ever.

Ataf 06-28-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 (Post 658358)
Obviously it's contingent on Howard. As for projections on AD, I would take a 26 year old D12 100 out of 100 times over him. Gordon is no lock to stay even with AD coming on board. And with a 'hell and a hand basket' franchise in the Nets, tell me why again Howard would sign there?

Yea, but how can you be so sure Davis can't be as good as Howard one day? What I'm trying to say is Anthony Davis' potential is off the roof, he's got so many years to show it. You really can't just ASSUME he wont be as good as howard, you have nothing to go off of... No NBA game played, no years played. Trading him away isn't smart, what if he becomes a Tim Duncan? It'll just come back to bight you in the ass. Gordon would stay if AD brings success, I would think so atleast. No reason to leave if you're winning and got the time to prove you're worth the max, Hornets have Cap space don't they? I'd stick with Gordon and AD going forward as the franchise players. Unless a better player for Gordon appears through free agency/trade.
If somehow the Nets could get a howard through trade this draft (Which they wont obv) Dwill would sign back, atleast he said that's what it would take for him to return. If that happens, Howard will re-sign. They really don't have much to lose at this point imo.

rapsmannn 06-28-2012 02:16 AM

well if they did that then they also become a player for deron williams, and they have money to spend

well thats never going to happen,

lol the funny part abotu this is if it actually happened 7 years later we would be talking about anthony davis beign traded from orlando becuase they still didn't get a player that davis would need to become a truly great team,

DocHoliday99 06-28-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ataf (Post 658604)
Yea, but how can you be so sure Davis can't be as good as Howard one day? What I'm trying to say is Anthony Davis' potential is off the roof, he's got so many years to show it. You really can't just ASSUME he wont be as good as howard, you have nothing to go off of... No NBA game played, no years played. Trading him away isn't smart, what if he becomes a Tim Duncan? It'll just come back to bight you in the ass. Gordon would stay if AD brings success, I would think so atleast. No reason to leave if you're winning and got the time to prove you're worth the max, Hornets have Cap space don't they? I'd stick with Gordon and AD going forward as the franchise players. Unless a better player for Gordon appears through free agency/trade.
If somehow the Nets could get a howard through trade this draft (Which they wont obv) Dwill would sign back, atleast he said that's what it would take for him to return. If that happens, Howard will re-sign. They really don't have much to lose at this point imo.

There is a difference drafting on potential and hoping that a 'what if' happens compared to drafting a 26 year old behemoth that is a legit 20/10 blocking defensive nightmare that effects the game on both ends of the floor with his presence. Kinda of an easy pick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapsmannn (Post 658634)
well if they did that then they also become a player for deron williams, and they have money to spend

well thats never going to happen,

lol the funny part abotu this is if it actually happened 7 years later we would be talking about anthony davis beign traded from orlando becuase they still didn't get a player that davis would need to become a truly great team,

LMAO..that is a possibility that can go towards NO as well but that's the thing....great players make others great, they don't need players to help them become great.

JoeyJoJo Shabbadu 06-28-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 (Post 658453)
AD is not a savior and unlike above he won't be half the dominant force D12 is. And of course it depends on Howard resigning, he's a joke right now and will destroy the Magic much like Shaq did.

Well then, NO should grab him immediately..... (wtf?)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24