Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Heckling Incident Between LeBron and Fan (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/heckling-incident-between-lebron-fan-19327.html)

js12 02-13-2011 11:26 AM

Heckling Incident Between LeBron and Fan
 
This happened a few days ago, but I didn't see anyone post it.

Quote:

That's when the heckler shouted, “LeBron, is your mom going to Boston for Valentine's Day?” ...

“What did you say to me?” James said to the fan, who later declined to give his name to ESPN.com.

“I said, 'Is your mom going to Boston for Valentine's Day?'” the heckler repeated, sounding both thrilled that he had an audience with LeBron and intimidated by the moment.
Quote:

“I don't care what you say to me,” James told the heckler. “I don't give a [expletive] what you say. But don't be disrespectful.”
LeBron James draws a line in the sand - Heat Index Blog - ESPN


The fan later said that he was offended by James swearing in front of his young children.

Obviously, the comment was uncalled for, but LeBron made his own enemies with "The Decision". As a professional athlete, he should be used to these comments, and not lose self control.

In your opinion, who is right: the fan or LeBron?

pzabby 02-13-2011 11:43 AM

although i dont like the fact he swore in front of the man's children, he is nonethless right. what the fan did is just outright rude.

simplycrazy 02-13-2011 11:45 AM

Lebron's right. he said he didnt care what the fan said, and told him not to be disrespectful.

The fan saying that he didnt like that his young children were exposed to james swearing is BS. Its a basketball game and the fan is near the court (im assuming if they managed to have a conversation) players swear all the time.

Belsius 02-13-2011 11:46 AM

I cant stand lebron, but he handled it pretty well. Offended his children by swearing? good god.

js12 02-13-2011 11:49 AM

I love the last lines of the article.

Quote:

And now, there's no telling what he might hear from the crowd when the Heat face the Boston Celtics on Sunday. Heck, forget the crowd.

LeBron might have a hard enough time trying to tune out Kevin Garnett.

MARTYNAS 02-13-2011 11:53 AM

LeBron is superstar, and as every famous celebrity, has a lot of haters. He needs to ignore them.

Alex 02-13-2011 12:26 PM

Seriously? Oh no not the kids. I bet they have never heard their dad swear. They must be angels, their ears are probably on fire right now from those harsh words.

If I was LeBron I would have hopped over the table and give him a real scare.

finstock 02-13-2011 12:31 PM

I remember when fans in Boston heckled Jason Kidd about beating his wife during an entire series (2002 WCFs). IIRC, Kidd responded politely, by exercising his dominance and assaulting the Celts, resulting in a trip to the finals.

'trane 02-13-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 507715)
Seriously? Oh no not the kids. I bet they have never heard their dad swear. They must be angels, their ears are probably on fire right now from those harsh words.

If I was LeBron I would have hopped over the table and give him a real scare.

firstly, these guys are role models and should be reasonable around kids. and the dad shouldn't be making insulting mom jokes around his kids either... he's a complete hypocrite.

and if lebron jumped into the stands he would have been suspended for the rest of the season, so i highly doubt that was in the cards.

Don Vito 02-13-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 507723)
firstly, these guys are role models and should be reasonable around kids. and the dad shouldn't be making insulting mom jokes around his kids either... he's a complete hypocrite.

and if lebron jumped into the stands he would have been suspended for the rest of the season, so i highly doubt that was in the cards.

You actually think David Stern would suspend Lebron for the whole season? He'd probably just get ejected.

Alex 02-13-2011 12:40 PM

'trane your probably right, but in that moment, would you be thinking that?

js12 02-13-2011 01:05 PM

Sorry, there is a bit of confusion going around about the kids.

The kids belong to LeBron, not the fan.

The fan is complaining that LeBron is being a bad father, and that he did not know James' kids were in attendance.

Febreezy 02-13-2011 01:14 PM

Lebron handled it better than I would've..I'm not saying I would've jumped over the table, but I definitely would of used more colourful words

Fixxxer 02-13-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTYNAS (Post 507708)
LeBron is superstar, and as every famous celebrity, has a lot of haters. He needs to ignore them.

He disrespected his mama

That fan got off light in my opinion

Blaze 02-13-2011 01:25 PM

I'm the first person to hate on Lebron, but this was not his fault, so what he swore, this guy was dissing Lebron's mom.

MARTYNAS 02-13-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fixxxer (Post 507739)
He disrespected his mama

That fan got off light in my opinion

I think no-one was right there. I understand LeBron, I really do, but it happens all the time.
And actually, that fan said nothing offensive, just touched the... delicate topic (I don't how to express it...) It's a little different. Course it's disgusting.

HugoBoss 02-13-2011 02:01 PM

everyone should wear this:

http://adventoutpost.com/wp-content/...th-T-Shirt.jpg

0nekhmer 02-13-2011 02:08 PM

you can disrespect lebron, but dont go after his mom.. if you know anything about his past his mom means everything to him. that dude was being a douche adding on he swore in front of kids. well obviously he's gonna swear.:confused2:

Superjudge 02-13-2011 05:03 PM

fans have no right abusing the players.

Period.

guy is a douche.

'trane 02-13-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js12 (Post 507735)
Sorry, there is a bit of confusion going around about the kids.

The kids belong to LeBron, not the fan.

The fan is complaining that LeBron is being a bad father, and that he did not know James' kids were in attendance.

right. my bad.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24