Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Granger calls Noah a dirty player (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/granger-calls-noah-dirty-player-20108.html)

jeffb 04-27-2011 01:34 PM

Granger calls Noah a dirty player
 
Quote:

The Indiana Pacers were labeled "goons," "hoodlums" and "thugs" by Chicago Bulls fans for their aggressive play during teams' first-round NBA playoff series.

It turns out, Pacers forward Danny Granger thought the Bulls were taking cheap shots.

Granger had to be restrained from going after Bulls center Joakim Noah as the teams exchanged handshakes on the court at the end of the Bulls' series-ending 116-89 win.

Granger accused Noah of playing dirty throughout the game, taking cheap shots at Pacers, including forward Josh McRoberts, who was ejected in the third quarter.

Granger was in the hallway outside the locker room using expletives to describe Noah's play.

"Everybody saw what Josh did and he got ejected," Granger said. "Nobody caught what happened first. It's always the second man. (Noah) was playing dirty the whole game. My teammates got caught with it and nothing happened."

McRoberts was ejected in the final seconds of the third quarter for throwing an elbow at Noah. The former Carmel High School standout said he was retaliating for an "elbow to his throat" from the Bulls center.

"We were on the side by ourselves, and he took a good swing at my throat," McRoberts said. "I was trying to defend myself and protect myself. I've got to be a man out there. It's not the way I would want to end the season, though."
Notebook: Pacers' Granger fumes about Bulls' Noah | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

Aamir 04-27-2011 01:42 PM

Still take him as a center on my team any day.

jeffb 04-27-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonMughal (Post 533466)
Still take him as a center on my team any day.

Pffft, in fact this makes me want him here even more. lol

MARTYNAS 04-27-2011 02:00 PM

Granger is so impulsive. He wants to strangle Barbosa, he thinks Turks smells like dead donkeys... The guy just can't shut up.

powerfulpanda 04-27-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTYNAS (Post 533477)
Granger is so impulsive. He wants to strangle Barbosa, he thinks Turks smells like dead donkeys... The guy just can't shut up.

lol, and its like where did this come from? prior to this year he's been quite i believe and then this year he blows up

fancylad 04-27-2011 02:20 PM

From the few times i have seen his games on TV, Granger seems like an asshole.

LightsOut 04-27-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 533484)
From the few times i have seen his games on TV, Granger seems like an asshole.

more like too sensitive but I guess that goes hand in hand

Scully 04-27-2011 03:34 PM

People are going to take elbows, if Noah can turn that into ejections, Kudos.

Saying a Center (or PF) is dirty, is basically adding zero's to the guys pay check and years to his contract. Case in point his teammate Jeff Foster is making 6.65 this year, and has had tenure in Indy for his entire career.

Chiggmo 04-27-2011 03:35 PM

*Snore*

Aamir 04-27-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 533468)
Pffft, in fact this makes me want him here even more. lol

Imagine him and the Toronto crowd? Toronto loves it when players show emotion towards the crowd, and Noah does it like every possession.

FoldedLaundry 04-27-2011 03:38 PM

Meh Indiana plays dirty too. What can you do? If you can stand the physical presence of Noah down low, then get out of the paint.

Nites 04-27-2011 04:30 PM

I think you guys are forgetting the time when Noah called out KG for being dirty. Which he notoriously is. Whats the big difference if Granger called Noah dirty?

jeffb 04-27-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007nites (Post 533513)
I think you guys are forgetting the time when Noah called out KG for being dirty. Which he notoriously is. Whats the big difference if Granger called Noah dirty?

You basically answered it. KG IS a dick and IS dirty. Noah is nowhere near as bad as KG, better yet I don't find him to really be dirty. Dude plays his ass off. Imagine if he wasn't a raging pothead? Lol

INSIDER 04-27-2011 05:06 PM

Granger is such a baby.
he's always complaining... this made me laugh: "Granger had to be restrained from going after Bulls center Joakim Noah as the teams exchanged handshakes on the court at the end of the Bulls' series-ending 116-89 win."

give me a break. Granger is such a fake tough guy. he is always saying that he would do something... but he never does, nor does he have the balls to do anything. he always talks.
cry me a river you idiot.

Noah plays hard and gets under guy's skin with his hustle and fearlessness. i love his game.

Ball Don't Lie 04-27-2011 05:54 PM

McRoberts deserved worse after this:


McRoberts is the thug scum.

Chiggmo 04-27-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 533520)
Granger is such a baby.
he's always complaining... this made me laugh: "Granger had to be restrained from going after Bulls center Joakim Noah as the teams exchanged handshakes on the court at the end of the Bulls' series-ending 116-89 win."

give me a break. Granger is such a fake tough guy. he is always saying that he would do something... but he never does, nor does he have the balls to do anything. he always talks.
cry me a river you idiot.

Noah plays hard and gets under guy's skin with his hustle and fearlessness. i love his game.

Sounds like most NBA players really.

carp 04-27-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 533526)

looked like rose was over-exuberant in his celebration.... and it was hardly an elbow.

Ball Don't Lie 04-27-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 533530)
looked like rose was over-exuberant in his celebration.... and it was hardly an elbow.

Hardly an elbow? He threw his entire arm at Roses face. If he connected it would have caused some big damage.

carp 04-27-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 533537)
Hardly an elbow? He threw his entire arm at Roses face. If he connected it would have caused some big damage.

his arm I agree.... it was more of a shove attempt than an elbow.... in my opinion.....

TORaptor4Ever 04-27-2011 11:16 PM

Granger is right up there with Iguodala on my "most overrated player in the league" list.

Shut up and play.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24