Garnett Targets Bosh as X-Factor
Old 04-30-2011, 03:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
back to fold laundry

Senior Member
 
FoldedLaundry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,429
Representing:
Default Garnett Targets Bosh as X-Factor

Rivers, Garnett Target Bosh As X-Factor - RealGM Wiretap

Read it as it is

FoldedLaundry is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,477
Representing:
Default

Why is it in the Raptors section?
Aamir is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

Bosh is shaking in his satin pumps.
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Sounds right... he's certainly not a top guy on that heat squad so the x-factor label is appropriate.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,674
Representing:
Default

Bosh handled this question pretty well in an interview on PTI yesterday. He said it could be used as a means to get Garnett that much more into the series. He didn't deny that this would be something of a defining moment for him as well, but he didn't get sucked into taking things out of perspective.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,874
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Sounds right... he's certainly not a top guy on that heat squad so the x-factor label is appropriate.
He's not A top guy? Haaaaaahh, wow!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
He's not A top guy? Haaaaaahh, wow!
In a starting 5, he's not top 2.... am I wrong?
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,874
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
In a starting 5, he's not top 2.... am I wrong?
That's not what you said. You said he wasn't A top guy on the team. Which he certainly is. Would you say that about Garnett in Boston...he isn't A top player on Boston. Since he's their 3rd best player.

Last edited by jeffb; 04-30-2011 at 11:15 AM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
That's not what you said. You said he wasn't A top guy on the team. Which he certainly is. Would you say that about Garnett in Boston...he isn't A top player on Boston. Since he's their 3rd best player.
actually, I'd say Garnett is the key to their D...... so in a way, he is a top player to focus on.

Bosh is an important piece on that team, but I think Miami goes as far as Wade and Lebron carry them.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,674
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
actually, I'd say Garnett is the key to their D...... so in a way, he is a top player to focus on.

Bosh is an important piece on that team, but I think Miami goes as far as Wade and Lebron carry them.
And yet so much of what has happened this season fails to support that.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
And yet so much of what has happened this season fails to support that.
in what way? the Bosh part or the Garnett part? Not sure what you're referring to.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
That's not what you said. You said he wasn't A top guy on the team. Which he certainly is. Would you say that about Garnett in Boston...he isn't A top player on Boston. Since he's their 3rd best player.
There is no top player in Boston, they play team basketball where everyone contributes. In Miami its video-game basketball with Lebron and Wade. Bosh is clearly below Wade/Lebron, thus he is not a top player on the team. What has Bosh done that makes Miami a good team? Is it his tenacious defense or incredible offense?
Don Vito is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,874
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
There is no top player in Boston, they play team basketball where everyone contributes. In Miami its video-game basketball with Lebron and Wade. Bosh is clearly below Wade/Lebron, thus he is not a top player on the team. What has Bosh done that makes Miami a good team? Is it his tenacious defense or incredible offense?
Wow! You don't know what Bosh contributes to Miami now? Are you kidding? I realize your dislike of Bosh but this is bordering on rediculous when a 19/8 player as a 3rd option is questioned as to how he contributes to a winning team.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Wow! You don't know what Bosh contributes to Miami now? Are you kidding? I realize your dislike of Bosh but this is bordering on rediculous when a 19/8 player as a 3rd option is questioned as to how he contributes to a winning team.
Anyone could fill in Bosh's role better. Guys like Blake Griffin, Amare Stoudemire, Zach Randolph, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett, Carlos Boozer, Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Al Horford, Pau Gasol, etc etc could do what Bosh is doing even better. Bosh is overrated.
Don Vito is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
There is no top player in Boston, they play team basketball where everyone contributes. In Miami its video-game basketball with Lebron and Wade. Bosh is clearly below Wade/Lebron, thus he is not a top player on the team. What has Bosh done that makes Miami a good team? Is it his tenacious defense or incredible offense?
Just out of curiosity did you watch any of the Heat's playoff games against the Sixers?

Did you watch any of the nationally televised games against the Spurs and Lakers?

Because if you DID I really have no idea where you're getting all of this from.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,874
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Anyone could fill in Bosh's role better. Guys like Blake Griffin, Amare Stoudemire, Zach Randolph, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett, Carlos Boozer, Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Al Horford, Pau Gasol, etc etc could do what Bosh is doing even better. Bosh is overrated.
And all those players including Bosh could fill Randolph's role. What's your point?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
And all those players including Bosh could fill Randolph's role. What's your point?
No they can't. Bosh has a small role in Miami, Randolph has a huge role in Memphis. To compare Randolph and Bosh's role is day and night.
Don Vito is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Exalted

Senior Member
 
DDUnreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,347
Representing:
Default

I love and respect TORaps opinion on Bosh it is clearly sound and requires no argument.
DDUnreal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
No they can't. Bosh has a small role in Miami, Randolph has a huge role in Memphis. To compare Randolph and Bosh's role is day and night.
You're borderline trolling at this point lol.... if you think that Bosh's role is "small" then you've still got a lot to learn about the game.

The Heat struggled at the start of the season before Bosh found his groove and Wade and Lebron started including him more.

Once they did they won 21 of 22 games and ended up 2nd in the East.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDUnreal View Post
I love and respect TORaps opinion on Bosh it is clearly sound and requires no argument.
Thanks! Glad that we've established that.

Unfortunately it's not my opinion alone... I just tend to be the most vocal supporter. lol.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24