Favorite game you remember... - Page 2
Old 11-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke
 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 9,075
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Another memorable one for me, and I remember going nuts watching it was Game 4 of the ECF in 1998.

Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Bargnani 41 punti contro New York..." target="_blank">Andrea Bargnani 41 punti contro New York...

I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet, especially with all the Bargnani faux-hate on RF! Il Mago!!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
despite that, somebody should have been a little more physical with him.... something raptor defenders rarely ever do, especially our perimeter players.
ya i guess...fair enough

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
...

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,161
Representing:
Default

I have 2:


I remember staying up until 2 AM as a youngin sneakin in to the TV room and I woke up my family after Horry missed that shot. An unbelieveable comeback leading to a wide open shot by the guy who never misses them. I was already celebrating once he shot it and couldnt believe it fell out.



This game was just awesome. Seeing KG finally have some success after all the down years was great. He really wanted to prove to all the doubters he could show up in the big moment, and in his biggest moment he had one of the biggest game 7s ever

Last edited by Ball Don't Lie; 11-09-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,401
Representing:
Default

raptors comback vs the pistons!

and lebron shitting on the pistons game 5!
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
What pissed me off with that game was that we were up 18 in the 3rd quarter.
The salami and cheese was out!
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post

and lebron shitting on the pistons game 5!
Easily one of my favourites of all time. Talk about putting a team on your back.


Also, the Jazz vs. Heat game last year was a fun one to watch as well. PAUL MOTHAFUCKING MILLSAP!


Last edited by Dark Knight; 11-09-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,037
Representing:
Default

That's one the best performances in NBA History but...meh, Bron is overrated
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
That's one the best performances in NBA History but...meh, Bron is overrated
Overrated, but still one of the best basketball players in the world. You can't deny that he's got talent.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,037
Representing:
Default

No doubt
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #31 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,401
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
That's one the best performances in NBA History but...meh, Bron is overrated
one of the best performances in nba history and he's still overrated?
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
one of the best performances in nba history and he's still overrated?
Has the most talent in the league, ESPN portrays him as the best player in the game even though he isn't. I'd say that's being overrated.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #33 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,401
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
Has the most talent in the league, ESPN portrays him as the best player in the game even though he isn't. I'd say that's being overrated.
when you say the game, do you mean all time? or current? because theres only one player i see better than lebron if we were to rank nba players right now, and that's dwight howard
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:32 AM   #34 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
when you say the game, do you mean all time? or current? because theres only one player i see better than lebron if we were to rank nba players right now, and that's dwight howard
Yeah I'm talking about today. Dude is easily the most talented basketball player in the world, but it takes more than just talent to win and that's why I don't see him as number 1. I don't see the same work ethic from him as say Kobe/Jordan, his jumper is inconsistent, and his footwork is suspect which gives him trouble when put in pressure situations in the clutch. In a game 7 I'd take Wade over him and possibly Dirk/Kobe too. I can agree that Dwight is better than LeBron but unfortunately we've never seen Dwight with a second star (he should go to LA) and it's hard to compare a SF to a C.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #35 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,401
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
Yeah I'm talking about today. Dude is easily the most talented basketball player in the world, but it takes more than just talent to win and that's why I don't see him as number 1. I don't see the same work ethic from him as say Kobe/Jordan, his jumper is inconsistent, and his footwork is suspect which gives him trouble when put in pressure situations in the clutch. In a game 7 I'd take Wade over him and possibly Dirk/Kobe too. I can agree that Dwight is better than LeBron but unfortunately we've never seen Dwight with a second star (he should go to LA) and it's hard to compare a SF to a C.
he doesn't have work ethic because he doesn't practice in front of the camera and makes commercials about it like jordan? jeez, he made it into the nba, isn't that enough evidence for you? anyone can enter the nba because of sheer talent and athletic ability, but you need to be just as a hard worker to be a top 10 player. he's even won two mvps, and plenty of times has been performing just as well in the clutch (see playoffs 2011: bulls, 76ers, game 1 - 3 vs. the mavs) you just blow it up in proportion because of after he gave up for the rest of the finals. just because he has an inconsistent jumper (which i find to be a overrated argument) and "suspect" footwork, doesn't mean he has other means to contribute to his team.

Quote:
• James’s problems mainly have been with scoring. He had a triple double in Game 5, as three rebounds and four assists in the fourth quarter helped push him to double digits in each category. Per-minute, his rates in several key stats — assists, rebounds, steals and blocks — in the fourth quarter are in line with his rates in the rest of the game or better. In a 67-second span in the middle of the fourth quarter on Thursday night, James assisted on three shots, helping the Heat take a four-point lead. The Mavs regained the lead with their own offensive spurt, but James was critical to getting Miami back in the game. His shooting really has been bad, in two ways: He’s taking the usual rate of 3-pointers, but hasn’t made any; and he’s taking a third as many two-point shots, per minute, in the fourth quarter compared to the first three. Taking fewer shots isn’t necessarily bad if it means he’s setting up other great players, such as Dwyane Wade, for good ones. And a set of six 3-point attempts is a small sample size. The focus on James, as ever in the NBA, is on scoring, and that’s a crucial part of his game, but in other respects he’s been top-notch.

• There’s no indication of a broader or longer-term drop-off. James faced pressure in earlier series full of close games with aplomb, most recently in the clincher against Chicago, when he scored 12 points in the fourth quarter to seal Miami’s spot in the finals. Overall for the postseason, he and Wade are tied for the lead in win shares — a measure of overall positive value — and James is in the Top 10 in win shares per 48 minutes, a measure of delivering value to his team efficiently. And that’s even after his rough finals performance has dragged him down.
2011 NBA Finals: LeBron James Hasn't Been as Bad As You Think in the Fourth Quarter - The Daily Fix - WSJ

bolded part to is to note that lebron has no problem scoring against very good defensive teams, it's just his teammates first conservative attitude can sometimes overcome his aggressiveness in either a good way (bosh and lebron domination of the 76ers and bulls in the low post) or a bad way (his failure to take the lead for the rest of the finals).

edit:
as for your "inconsistent" jumpshot argument, i do agree he might not be one of the best shooters for the small forward position, but he certainly is not one of the worst. he has a very well rounded out game, and that's why his game isn't as polished yet. at age of 26 he's already using a lot of offensive tools such as a posting-up, pick and roll, slashing etc. that's alot of skills to work on, and for him to have an average jumper takes a lot of time to practice all of that, which goes back to your first argument about his "lack" of work ethic. think about it. if it takes derozan about 2 - 3 years to work on his mid-range jumper and derrick rose 2 years to perfect his 3 point shooting, working with jumpshooting specialists for the whole off-season in 2010, how long do you think it took lebron to have an all-around game like that? that's probably hours and hours at the gym, working with assistants, the weight room, etc. in a span of 7 years in the nba.

however i still think dwight is the best player in the nba right now and all orlando has to do is kill for steve nash in a magic uniform, and watch him go.

Last edited by Someguy again; 11-12-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #36 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
he doesn't have work ethic because he doesn't practice in front of the camera and makes commercials about it like jordan? jeez, he made it into the nba, isn't that enough evidence for you? anyone can enter the nba because of sheer talent and athletic ability, but you need to be just as a hard worker to be a top 10 player. he's even won two mvps, and plenty of times has been performing just as well in the clutch (see playoffs 2011: bulls, 76ers, game 1 - 3 vs. the mavs) you just blow it up in proportion because of after he gave up for the rest of the finals. just because he has an inconsistent jumper (which i find to be a overrated argument) and "suspect" footwork, doesn't mean he has other means to contribute to his team.


2011 NBA Finals: LeBron James Hasn't Been as Bad As You Think in the Fourth Quarter - The Daily Fix - WSJ

bolded part to is to note that lebron has no problem scoring against very good defensive teams, it's just his teammates first conservative attitude can sometimes overcome his aggressiveness in either a good way (bosh and lebron domination of the 76ers and bulls in the low post) or a bad way (his failure to take the lead for the rest of the finals).

edit:
as for your "inconsistent" jumpshot argument, i do agree he might not be one of the best shooters for the small forward position, but he certainly is not one of the worst. he has a very well rounded out game, and that's why his game isn't as polished yet. at age of 26 he's already using a lot of offensive tools such as a posting-up, pick and roll, slashing etc. that's alot of skills to work on, and for him to have an average jumper takes a lot of time to practice all of that, which goes back to your first argument about his "lack" of work ethic. think about it. if it takes derozan about 2 - 3 years to work on his mid-range jumper and derrick rose 2 years to perfect his 3 point shooting, working with jumpshooting specialists for the whole off-season in 2010, how long do you think it took lebron to have an all-around game like that? that's probably hours and hours at the gym, working with assistants, the weight room, etc. in a span of 7 years in the nba.

however i still think dwight is the best player in the nba right now and all orlando has to do is kill for steve nash in a magic uniform, and watch him go.
Why write all that just to agree that LeBron isn't number 1. And I'm not saying he's not clutch. I've seen him make big plays, but I've seen him fail miserably too. I've seen him just disappear/quit in HUGE games such as game 5 against Boston in 2010 and the last 3 games against Mavs this year. You cannot be labelled the best player if you disappear like that. Like I said: best talent in the game, not the best basketball player though. Everyone has their own reasons, but we agree he ain't number 1.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #37 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 6,064
Representing:
Default

I got a hard time remembering yesterday's game, let alone games from year's past.
Hey, what can I say, Oregon's got the Chron
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #38 (permalink)
is not changing this sig until we win a playoff series

everyones a critic
 
th3answ3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,370
Representing:
Default

th3answ3r is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #39 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Another memorable one for me, and I remember going nuts watching it was Game 4 of the ECF in 1998.

Reggie Miller Game Winning 3 Pointer on Michael Jordan vs.Bulls [Game 4 '98 ECF's] - YouTube
I was absolutely gutted when the Bulls ended up winning Gm. 7.... just gutted.


My faves would have to be.....

LJ's 4-pt play against the Pacers



And my favourite Raps one was probably....

VC's 47 vs. the Bucks the day after he was left off the Dream Team



EDIT: That's why it broke my heart so much when Vince left.... holy God he was so good when his heart was in it. I remember screaming like an 8-yr old on Christmas Day when he windmilled that last dunk.

Last edited by TORaptor4Ever; 11-13-2011 at 11:58 AM.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #40 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

I loved cheering for Indiana in the 90's for all those games and series where they ultimately fell short. It was nice to see them finally make the Finals, but that ended up being unsatisfying in that it just wasn't the same team that I had loved, and they just weren't going to beat the Lakers. And I wonder how much I would have been enthralled had there not been the Knicks to cheer against. Having NY suck for so long has left a bit of a hole in terms of juicing up the excitement.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24