Espn: Wizards acquire Ariza and Okafor
Old 06-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default Espn: Wizards acquire Ariza and Okafor

Espn: The Wizards trade Rashard Lewis and the number 46 pick to New Orleans for Ariza and Okafor.



Sources: Emeka Okafor to Wiz


Updated: June 20, 2012, 2:26 PM ET
By Marc Stein | ESPN.com
104
56
212
Email
Print


The Washington Wizards have reached an agreement with the New Orleans Hornets on a trade to acquire Hornets center Emeka Okafor, according to sources close to the process.

The Wizards will get Okafor and Hornets forward Trevor Ariza for Rashard Lewis and Washington's No. 46 pick in next week's draft.

Sources -- Washington Wizards get New Orleans Hornets' Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza for Rashard Lewis, pick - ESPN
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,918
Representing:
Default

Hmmmm.

Rashard Lewis has a 23Mil expiring.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

very beneficial for NOLA. add the #1, #10 and a lottery pick next year with no bad contracts. they'll be in a good position moving forward.
wish Stern owned the team for a year or 2 to help us rebuild
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
wish Stern owned the team for a year or 2 to help us rebuild
The wheel isn't squeaking enough
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,779
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors1995 View Post
Espn: The Wizards trade Rashard Lewis and the number 46 pick to New Orleans for Ariza and Okafor.



Sources: Emeka Okafor to Wiz


Updated: June 20, 2012, 2:26 PM ET
By Marc Stein | ESPN.com
104
56
212
Email
Print


The Washington Wizards have reached an agreement with the New Orleans Hornets on a trade to acquire Hornets center Emeka Okafor, according to sources close to the process.

The Wizards will get Okafor and Hornets forward Trevor Ariza for Rashard Lewis and Washington's No. 46 pick in next week's draft.

Sources -- Washington Wizards get New Orleans Hornets' Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza for Rashard Lewis, pick - ESPN
I like the move for NO's...they get a pick and 23.79mil in cap space after this coming year.

Odd move by the Wizards though....they already have Nene and Seraphin so to add Okafor is unusal...unless there is another trade coming.
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

i wonder if this will have any play on who washington be selecting. neither are good enough to really sway a pick, but they're good enough to have their pick address a different need.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,918
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
i wonder if this will have any play on who washington be selecting. neither are good enough to really sway a pick, but they're good enough to have their pick address a different need.
They should take Beal imo if he's there.

Wall
Beal
Ariza
Blatche
Nene
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

that's what i'm thinking too
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
They should take Beal imo if he's there.

Wall
Beal
Ariza
Blatche
Nene
Jordan Crawford was decent for them at SG and he's 23. Get Thomas Robinson if he's avaliable.
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,215
Representing:
Default

Correct me if I'm wrong but Nene played his share of PF back in the day next to Camby and at times with Anderson.

Like this deal for WA - they're surrounding Wall with competitors.



Wall
Crawford/Evans
Ariza/Blatche
Nene/Veseley
Okafor/Seraphin
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,918
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
Jordan Crawford was decent for them at SG and he's 23.
True, but he can come off the bench. That or start him and have Beal come off the bench and see what you have.


They could also draft Thomas Robinson if he's available at #3

Wall
Crawford
Ariza
Robinson
Nene

The makings of a pretty good front court imo.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

if i were the wiz, i'd cut blatche and have i have vesely at the 3.

robinson would make just as much sense as beal, but their front court would go into overload. they already have solid young depth their with booker and seraphin, so unless they can unload them for some guard help, they'd be awfully lopsided
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,490
Representing:
Default

Hornets have the right idea. Lewis for one year is a small price to pay for unloading the hideous contracts of Ariza and Okafor. With AD coming in, they're in position to make a pretty nice rebuild.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Hornets have the right idea. Lewis for one year is a small price to pay for unloading the hideous contracts of Ariza and Okafor. With AD coming in, they're in position to make a pretty nice rebuild.
i don't think they have him for another year. he's up at the end of this year, and not guaranteed for 2012-13.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
waiting for his team to return

Member
 
Grizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 483
Representing:
Default

Lewis can be bought out for 13.95 if it's before July 1st. It's expected they will do so.
Grizz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,918
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i don't think they have him for another year. he's up at the end of this year, and not guaranteed for 2012-13.
Apparently he's got one more year remaining on his contract (garanteed) at 23.7Mil.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,918
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Lewis can be bought out for 13.95 if it's before July 1st. It's expected they will do so.
That goes against the cap, no?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
waiting for his team to return

Member
 
Grizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 483
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
That goes against the cap, no?
Do I look like DanH to you? I honestly don't recall how buyouts go against the cap.
Grizz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,918
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Do I look like DanH to you? I honestly don't recall how buyouts go against the cap.
Everyone here looks the same to me.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,779
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but Nene played his share of PF back in the day next to Camby and at times with Anderson.

Like this deal for WA - they're surrounding Wall with competitors.



Wall
Crawford/Evans
Ariza/Blatche
Nene/Veseley
Okafor/Seraphin
Your not and thats a mighty nice frontcourt, especially if you draft Beal...

Wall/J.Crawford
J.Crawford/Beal
Ariza/Singleton
Nene/Vesley
Okafor/Seraphin

As for Blatche...he's such a problem character wise...The Wiz would be a better team without him which is too bad, he has a tremendous skillset. I can see J.Crawford coming off the bench in a sixth man role as he covers off the 1 and 2.

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 06-20-2012 at 05:13 PM.
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24