Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   EC PLAYOFFS RD 2 : (4)BOS CELTICS vs (8) PHI 76ERS (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/ec-playoffs-rd-2-4-bos-celtics-vs-8-phi-76ers-22931.html)

Ball Don't Lie 05-12-2012 02:51 PM

EC PLAYOFFS RD 2 : (4)BOS CELTICS vs (8) PHI 76ERS
 
STARTERS:

BOS CELTICS

Rajon Rondo
Avery Bradley
Paul Pierce
Brandon Bass
Kevin Garnett

PHI

Jrue Holiday
Evan Turner
Andre Iguodala
Elton Brand
Spencer Hawes


KEY ROTATION PLAYERS:

BOS

Ray Allen
Mickael Pietrus
Greg Stiemsma


PHI

Lou Williams
Jodie Meeks
Thaddeus Young

Key Matchups:

Paul Pierce vs Andre Iguodala

Bostons halfcourt game vs Phillys uptempo game

Experience vs youth

Rondo vs Holiday


PREDICTION:

BOS IN 5

TORaptor4Ever 05-12-2012 02:59 PM

5 games is what I expect too.

If KG keeps up his level of play it could easily be a sweep.

jeffb 05-12-2012 03:07 PM

Probably boston in 5, but i voted 6. I have a feeling Philly will be a tough out. This will be epically low scoring...

ClutchCity 05-12-2012 03:41 PM

I think game 1 will be very close and I could see a surprise victory from Philly. I seriously would not be surprised if Philly won the series. Not a good matchup for the C's...

I'll say BOS in 6 though

Bill Haverchuck 05-12-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClutchCity (Post 643173)
I think game 1 will be very close and I could see a surprise victory from Philly. I seriously would not be surprised if Philly won the series. Not a good matchup for the C's...

although their respective rosters are different in many ways, they actually won in similar ways. Both teams rely heavily on defense to win games. Neither team has a particularly effective offense. With that said, if Philly can make Boston turnover the ball and then turn that into some easy fastbreak points, the 76ers have a chance. So, yeah, it wouldn't be too surprising if Philly pulled off an upset.

ClutchCity 05-12-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck (Post 643220)
although their respective rosters are different in many ways, they actually won in similar ways. Both teams rely heavily on defense to win games. Neither team has a particularly effective offense. With that said, if Philly can make Boston turnover the ball and then turn that into some easy fastbreak points, the 76ers have a chance. So, yeah, it wouldn't be too surprising if Philly pulled off an upset.

Philly is too young and fast for BOS. The C's were 28th in rebounding this season. If Philly can keep the rebounding numbers in their favour, they have a legit shot in this series.

LX 05-12-2012 09:55 PM

I picked Philly in 6. It wouldn't be a surprise to me if they took Boston in less than 6. Bston just doesn't have enough gas left. They barely had enough to finish off Atlanta, and Philly is not going to play as badly as Atanta inevitably does for far too many stretches.

jeffb 05-12-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 643228)
I picked Philly in 6. It wouldn't be a surprise to me if they took Boston in less than 6. Bston just doesn't have enough gas left. They barely had enough to finish off Atlanta, and Philly is not going to play as badly as Atanta inevitably does for far too many stretches.

Philly was extremely inconsistent this season, so i don't know about that. Although i do agree about Boston possibly not having enough in the tank. This could be an interesting series.

ClutchCity 05-12-2012 10:12 PM

Rondo's midrange jumper looks good. Triple double...11 pts, 15 asts, 11 rbs.

LX 05-12-2012 10:27 PM

Looks like only Spencer Hawes felt like Philly belonged in the lead - the rest looked afraid to lose the lead. If they learn from this then watch out.

ClutchCity 05-12-2012 10:28 PM

Nice play from Doc Rivers to run out the clock there. Masterful.

Dario 05-12-2012 11:59 PM

I got philly in 7, I dont see the C's pullin this one out on such a young team.

ClutchCity 05-13-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristTrip (Post 643253)
I got philly in 7, I dont see the C's pullin this one out on such a young team.

Philly winning in game 7 in Boston? I can't see that happening. Philly in six is more likely.

TORaptor4Ever 05-13-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClutchCity (Post 643230)
Rondo's midrange jumper looks good. Triple double...11 pts, 15 asts, 11 rbs.

Ended up with 12/13/17.

8 playoff triple-doubles and counting. 2nd place guy all-time (after Magic) has 11 I think.

Honestly, if Rondo hasn't done enough this season to convince the pundits and earn a place among the league's top PGs then I don't know what to say.

Guy is amazing.

Toby 05-13-2012 02:25 AM

Kevin Garnett gets away with more moving screens then Karl Malone.

Windex 05-13-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 643282)
Ended up with 12/13/17.

8 playoff triple-doubles and counting. 2nd place guy all-time (after Magic) has 11 I think.

Honestly, if Rondo hasn't done enough this season to convince the pundits and earn a place among the league's top PGs then I don't know what to say.

Guy is amazing.

On TNT they said Magic had 30 playoff triple doubles

ClutchCity 05-13-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 643282)
Ended up with 12/13/17.

8 playoff triple-doubles and counting. 2nd place guy all-time (after Magic) has 11 I think.

Honestly, if Rondo hasn't done enough this season to convince the pundits and earn a place among the league's top PGs then I don't know what to say.

Guy is amazing.

He's amongst the top PG's (as I've said before), but I still think Paul/Williams are better.

DonMughal 05-13-2012 04:38 PM

Reallllyyy sick commercial:



Dario 05-13-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClutchCity (Post 643255)
Philly winning in game 7 in Boston? I can't see that happening. Philly in six is more likely.

I still think so, Philly can shut down the fans in Bostonif they keep up with their fast break

Nites 05-14-2012 09:07 PM

I've never seen Garnett go into the post this much since his Minny days.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24