Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Durant feeling neglected (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/durant-feeling-neglected-19939.html)

jeffb 04-08-2011 09:24 AM

Durant feeling neglected
 
Quote:

Kevin Durant believes the fans have forgotten about him this season.

“I guess I’m flying under the radar,’’ said Durant in an interview with HoopsHype.

“A lot of people forgot about me this year,’’ said Durant, who is averaging 27.8 points. “So I guess if I get the scoring title, I guess people will remember me.

"Last year, I kind of jumped on the scene. I’m not on the scene as much as I was last season, I guess."

Having come in second in last year's MVP balloting, Durant's name hasn't come up very much lately in MVP talk.

“People like the new story, I guess. Hopefully, I just continue to keep being competitive every year and hopefully I’m in the (MVP) conversation’’ in the future.

Durant Thinks Fans Have Forgotten About Him - RealGM Wiretap

TORaptor4Ever 04-08-2011 09:36 AM

OMG WHAT AN ATTENTION WHORE!!!111

Lol... I thought that this kid embodied everything that was "right" with the NBA... that he didn't care about the accolades or "being noticed"....

So much for that. :reporter:

jeffb 04-08-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 528094)
OMG WHAT AN ATTENTION WHORE!!!111

Lol... I thought that this kid embodied everything that was "right" with the NBA... that he didn't care about the accolades or "being noticed"....

So much for that. :reporter:

He'll get accolades if they win a round or two. That's what he should be thinking about.

Ligeia 04-08-2011 09:46 AM

Here is the actual story (why not post that instead of the RealGM Wiretap?):

HoopsHype.com NBA Blogs - Chris Tomasson Durant’s under-the-radar season

Quote:

But Durant insists not being regarded as a strong MVP candidate isn’t bothering him. In fact, he said Rose, whose Bulls are 57-20 after going 41-41 last season, should be handed the Maurice Podoloff Trophy.

“No (dissatisfaction). I’m playing on a winning basketball team,’’ Durant said of the Thunder (52-26), which clinched the Northwest Division on Wednesday. “I won 50 games. I’m in a tough conference, a tough division. I think the MVP goes to a guy that there team is like us last year when we went from 23 wins to 50 (even if Durant finished behind James, whose Cavaliers actually fell from 66 to 61 wins). That’s a big difference. With guys like D. Rose, they went from 41 to like 50-something right now. So it’s a big difference. We stayed the same.

“So, if you stay the same, that’s probably why Kobe Bryant only won one award (for MVP, in 2008). Hopefully, I’ll get one before I’m done playing, though. As of right now, I congratulate Derrick Rose for winning MVP… Yeah, of course (Rose should be the MVP). He’s having a phenomenal season. They’re No. 1 in the East now, especially with all the firepower that went to the East… (Rose), Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, those three guys should be MVP candidates.’’

The humble Durant doesn’t seem to mind there’s supposedly been an outbreak of amnesia even if he believes another scoring title might remind some he’s still putting up big numbers in the 73102 zip code. Maybe all this forgotten talk he will use as motivation during the playoffs.

INSIDER 04-08-2011 02:08 PM

its because he's playing in OKC... if he was playing in a bigger market, he'd be in MVP talks.
maybe he should go on twitter and ask his fans where to play next season.

ha123 04-08-2011 02:17 PM

KD needs to expand his game more. Start posting up and start locking your man down on defence. He is a great player but he may just end up like a carmelo.

A scoring mentality is not a bad thing. Look at Kobe, but kobe expanded his game to get his MVP.

carp 04-08-2011 02:23 PM

He deserved the MVP award more than the eventual winner last year.... and this is as much of a non-issue as it is just a reminder of how good he is.

'trane 04-08-2011 02:24 PM

maybe he should give sonny weems a call.

Bill Haverchuck 04-08-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 528094)
OMG WHAT AN ATTENTION WHORE!!!111

Lol... I thought that this kid embodied everything that was "right" with the NBA... that he didn't care about the accolades or "being noticed"....

So much for that. :reporter:

Read the whole article.

Claudius 04-08-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ha123 (Post 528249)
KD needs to expand his game more. Start posting up and start locking your man down on defence. He is a great player but he may just end up like a carmelo.

A scoring mentality is not a bad thing. Look at Kobe, but kobe expanded his game to get his MVP.

He already posts up and he already plays good defence.

Don Vito 04-08-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 528260)
He already posts up and he already plays good defence.

Durant doesn't post-up... don't know where you heard that from.

thought 04-08-2011 03:01 PM

his length and quickness make him a good defender. checking a guy straight up though, he's hasn't reached his potential there.

Claudius 04-08-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 528261)
Durant doesn't post-up... don't know where you heard that from.

The times I've watched him, I've seen him post up. It's not his 'go to move' or anything, but I've seen him do it. And really, he doesn't have to, because he can shoot over anybody and is quick enough to the basket.

But anyways....

Ligeia 04-08-2011 04:42 PM

I don't really see why Durant should post anyone up. He is tall, but not strong or heavy. He should face-up so that he can shoot over smaller players and blow by bigger players (and he does).

If there were any area of his game that I'd like to see improve, it would be his defense first followed by his ability to create for other players. Then again, on that particular team, I don't believe that they need to rely on him for either of those things so it is not a clear detriment, either.

DonMughal 04-08-2011 05:07 PM

It's actually true, I barely heard anything about Durant all season so far. I've actually heard more about Westbrook.

Nites 04-08-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ligeia (Post 528291)
I don't really see why Durant should post anyone up. He is tall, but not strong or heavy. He should face-up so that he can shoot over smaller players and blow by bigger players (and he does).

If there were any area of his game that I'd like to see improve, it would be his defense first followed by his ability to create for other players. Then again, on that particular team, I don't believe that they need to rely on him for either of those things so it is not a clear detriment, either.

He doesn't need to create for other players considering he has one of the top 5 point guards in the NBA on his team

Ligeia 04-08-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007nites (Post 528297)
He doesn't need to create for other players considering he has one of the top 5 point guards in the NBA on his team

Thank you for repeating my last sentence.

Nites 04-08-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ligeia (Post 528299)
Thank you for repeating my last sentence.

Your welcome.

TORaptor4Ever 04-08-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck (Post 528257)
Read the whole article.

Oh I did lol... just gives me great pleasure to do the same thing that so many others did last season after Bosh left. You know.... latch onto a PIECE of some article and warp it into whatever fantastical story they see fit to make? ;)

Ligeia 04-08-2011 07:10 PM

Please stop making everything about Bosh.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24