Draft "Underrated Players/Sleepers"
Old 03-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default Draft "Underrated Players/Sleepers"

PG
Nick Calathes - can play any in any offense, elite passer in the NCAA and has great size at 6'5''. Plays an all around good game, 18.4 pts, 6.5 ast, 5.4 reb, 2.1 stls, 50% FG%
Darren Collison - good decision making and ball handling skills. good shooter and is 92% at the stripe

SG
Evan Turner - Brandon Roy style of play, a leader on the floor and a multi-faceted offensive player, fills the stat sheet
Jerel McNeal - great defense of player, especially on the perimeter
Lester Hudson - a leading scorer in the NCAA for 2 years. good shooting touch and has a nack for steals
Marcus Thornton - scorer first, passes the ball well and commits very few turnovers. Average defensive player and tends to be a spot up shooter, creating offense might be a problem when playing in the NBA

SF
Terrence Williams - great defender, rebounder and passer but his ability to score is still a question
Sam Young - a strong athlete that can rebound and play defense, also has a quick shot

PF
Jarvis Varnado - great shot blocker
Michael Washington - outstanding wingspan and athleticism, great finishing around the basket, also a solid rebounder
Taj Gibson - scrappy player the blocks shots and rebounds but gets in foul trouble. I don't expect him to get drafted though.

C
Cole Aldrich 61 FG%, great rebounder and shot blocker, also has an outside touch
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

i hate when ppl decide how good a draft is before it happens. Some kids are late bloomers or just more suited to the pro level and surprise the hell outta ya
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 234
Representing:
Default

Josh Carter Texas A&M great spot-up shooter, decent-size to play the 3, could play the 2 on offense but not on D. Has improved his mid-range game a lot this year and has a sweet stroke.

I am biased tho
spenda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO2988 View Post
SG
Evan Turner - Brandon Roy style of play, a leader on the floor and a multi-faceted offensive player, fills the stat sheet
It's only March but Evan Turner said this yesterday:


From the Columbus Dispatch:
I asked Evan Turner a few weeks ago about his status as a probable first-round NBA draft pick if he leaves Ohio State after this season. He said he was excited about what the next two seasons could hold for Ohio State and that winning championships and leaving a “legacy” were important to him. But he didn’t deny he would leave.

I decided not to bug him again until the postseason. But I should have asked him yesterday, when I had the chance, whether Sunday’s game might be his last in Value City Arena. My bad. WBNS radio did, and he told the station’s reporter that he’s returning.

“I’m coming back -- without a doubt coming back,” Turner said. “I enjoy college.”

“Without a doubt” is what we in the business call a definitive answer. But given what we’ve been through the past two years here, I’ll reserve my right to harbor a doubt until Turner says he will not file for early entry to explore his draft options. And I’ll ask him the next chance I get.


Like I said still only March and he could change his mind but a lot of people close to OSU really believe he will be back next year. Good news for Buckeyes fans like me. He can do a little of everything.

Last edited by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN; 03-08-2009 at 06:10 PM.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
an anti-social person

Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 248
Representing:
Default

This is where you need a great scout.
jepot is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN View Post
It's only March but Evan Turner said this yesterday:


From the Columbus Dispatch:
I asked Evan Turner a few weeks ago about his status as a probable first-round NBA draft pick if he leaves Ohio State after this season. He said he was excited about what the next two seasons could hold for Ohio State and that winning championships and leaving a “legacy” were important to him. But he didn’t deny he would leave.

I decided not to bug him again until the postseason. But I should have asked him yesterday, when I had the chance, whether Sunday’s game might be his last in Value City Arena. My bad. WBNS radio did, and he told the station’s reporter that he’s returning.

“I’m coming back -- without a doubt coming back,” Turner said. “I enjoy college.”

“Without a doubt” is what we in the business call a definitive answer. But given what we’ve been through the past two years here, I’ll reserve my right to harbor a doubt until Turner says he will not file for early entry to explore his draft options. And I’ll ask him the next chance I get.


Like I said still only March and he could change his mind but a lot of people close to OSU really believe he will be back next year. Good news for Buckeyes fans like me. He can do a little of everything.
As an Ohio State fan that's good news.
I hope Mullens/Buford stay as well, they could be a real good team next year.

I'm sick of all the players that stay for one year Oden/Conley/Daequan Cook/Koufos
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

if Oden didnt leave when he did, he would be alot poorer
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
if Oden didnt leave when he did, he would be alot poorer
true
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Separate "Other Sports" and "Entertainment" sections Raptorman Questions & Suggestions 4 02-07-2010 06:57 AM
Watch the Live Stream of "Behind the Draft" and "Raptors Traing Camp Part 2" bigmac(rexdale) Raptors Video Vault 0 10-27-2009 05:53 PM
Arsenalist: "What’s really going to happen in the draft…." Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 5 06-18-2008 09:45 AM
Grange: Raptors plot out strategy for "fairly deep" draft Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 14 06-03-2008 09:09 PM
Bennett To Sonics Players: "Boo Hoo" Dr. J. Naismith NBA Talk 1 05-27-2008 03:27 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24