Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Draft "Underrated Players/Sleepers" (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/draft-underrated-players-sleepers-6916.html)

Windex 03-08-2009 02:26 PM

Draft "Underrated Players/Sleepers"
 
PG
Nick Calathes - can play any in any offense, elite passer in the NCAA and has great size at 6'5''. Plays an all around good game, 18.4 pts, 6.5 ast, 5.4 reb, 2.1 stls, 50% FG%
Darren Collison - good decision making and ball handling skills. good shooter and is 92% at the stripe

SG
Evan Turner - Brandon Roy style of play, a leader on the floor and a multi-faceted offensive player, fills the stat sheet
Jerel McNeal - great defense of player, especially on the perimeter
Lester Hudson - a leading scorer in the NCAA for 2 years. good shooting touch and has a nack for steals
Marcus Thornton - scorer first, passes the ball well and commits very few turnovers. Average defensive player and tends to be a spot up shooter, creating offense might be a problem when playing in the NBA

SF
Terrence Williams - great defender, rebounder and passer but his ability to score is still a question
Sam Young - a strong athlete that can rebound and play defense, also has a quick shot

PF
Jarvis Varnado - great shot blocker
Michael Washington - outstanding wingspan and athleticism, great finishing around the basket, also a solid rebounder
Taj Gibson - scrappy player the blocks shots and rebounds but gets in foul trouble. I don't expect him to get drafted though.

C
Cole Aldrich 61 FG%, great rebounder and shot blocker, also has an outside touch

Ugo Ferst 03-08-2009 03:05 PM

i hate when ppl decide how good a draft is before it happens. Some kids are late bloomers or just more suited to the pro level and surprise the hell outta ya

spenda 03-08-2009 03:18 PM

Josh Carter Texas A&M great spot-up shooter, decent-size to play the 3, could play the 2 on offense but not on D. Has improved his mid-range game a lot this year and has a sweet stroke.

I am biased tho ;)

RaptorsandBuckeye FaN 03-08-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TO2988 (Post 156743)
SG
Evan Turner - Brandon Roy style of play, a leader on the floor and a multi-faceted offensive player, fills the stat sheet

It's only March but Evan Turner said this yesterday:


From the Columbus Dispatch:
I asked Evan Turner a few weeks ago about his status as a probable first-round NBA draft pick if he leaves Ohio State after this season. He said he was excited about what the next two seasons could hold for Ohio State and that winning championships and leaving a “legacy” were important to him. But he didn’t deny he would leave.

I decided not to bug him again until the postseason. But I should have asked him yesterday, when I had the chance, whether Sunday’s game might be his last in Value City Arena. My bad. WBNS radio did, and he told the station’s reporter that he’s returning.

“I’m coming back -- without a doubt coming back,” Turner said. “I enjoy college.”

“Without a doubt” is what we in the business call a definitive answer. But given what we’ve been through the past two years here, I’ll reserve my right to harbor a doubt until Turner says he will not file for early entry to explore his draft options. And I’ll ask him the next chance I get.


Like I said still only March and he could change his mind but a lot of people close to OSU really believe he will be back next year. Good news for Buckeyes fans like me. He can do a little of everything.

jepot 03-09-2009 01:17 AM

This is where you need a great scout.

Windex 03-09-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN (Post 156941)
It's only March but Evan Turner said this yesterday:


From the Columbus Dispatch:
I asked Evan Turner a few weeks ago about his status as a probable first-round NBA draft pick if he leaves Ohio State after this season. He said he was excited about what the next two seasons could hold for Ohio State and that winning championships and leaving a “legacy” were important to him. But he didn’t deny he would leave.

I decided not to bug him again until the postseason. But I should have asked him yesterday, when I had the chance, whether Sunday’s game might be his last in Value City Arena. My bad. WBNS radio did, and he told the station’s reporter that he’s returning.

“I’m coming back -- without a doubt coming back,” Turner said. “I enjoy college.”

“Without a doubt” is what we in the business call a definitive answer. But given what we’ve been through the past two years here, I’ll reserve my right to harbor a doubt until Turner says he will not file for early entry to explore his draft options. And I’ll ask him the next chance I get.


Like I said still only March and he could change his mind but a lot of people close to OSU really believe he will be back next year. Good news for Buckeyes fans like me. He can do a little of everything.

As an Ohio State fan that's good news.
I hope Mullens/Buford stay as well, they could be a real good team next year.

I'm sick of all the players that stay for one year Oden/Conley/Daequan Cook/Koufos

Ugo Ferst 03-09-2009 03:59 AM

if Oden didnt leave when he did, he would be alot poorer

Windex 03-09-2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst (Post 157161)
if Oden didnt leave when he did, he would be alot poorer

true :yeah:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24