Donaghy: NBA allows Lebron to travel - Page 3
Old 05-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,073
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyFro View Post
i disagree with donaghy here, i think cuban is going to be pleased as dallas wins. the nba milking ratings with the heat in the finals i can understand but in a league where half the teams are struggling to stay afloat i can't see the nba actually wanting the heat to win the title. There is no way that they can want allstar talents bunched into just a few teams . I beleive an example will be made as the big three lose to a pansy like nowitski
If you're gonna call someone a pansy the least you can do Is spell his name properly.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #42 (permalink)
is too lazy to respond, you win

Senior Member

 
GrannyFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
If you're gonna call someone a pansy the least you can do Is spell his name properly.
spelling isn't important, quit being pansy geoff
GrannyFro is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,073
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyFro View Post
spelling isn't important, quit being pansy geoff


You're hilarious.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #44 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,792
Representing:
Default

To be fair traveling is a hard call to make, you are almost never looking at a players feet because the ball is in the hands but!

I remember when many people used to say that MJ gets away with travelling every game which was true but MJ sold it to the Refs, he made it look like he wasn't traveling, some what using a Michael Jackson moon walk move with his pivot foot...

LBJ doesn't have this moon walk move so his travelling is much more abrupt & thus should get noticed by the Refs IMO

PS Kobe has the moon walk travel down!
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #45 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,727
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
I think the problem is, when a high profile player has got his hands on the ball. The refs are watching the players around him and whether there is a foul to call. Not the travel.
There's some of that. There is also a decision to put the whistle away unless there is something done that just gives one side far too much of an advantage.

When Noah had 5 fouls in game 5, Wade was going straight at him to try to get that 6th foul. And Noah did blatantly foul him at least on one occasion. But Wade was not really making basketball plays as much as he was looking for the foul. Anytime the Heat played that way it cost them, and rightly so. It's best when both sides just play the game and let the foul calls be determined accordingly. As much as I hated the way some teams lost to the Lakers in the past, they were guilty of looking for freethrows to bail them out and allow them to keep a lead that their play did not necessitate.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:22 PM   #46 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 10,346
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
The league needs to fix itself.
it'll have plenty of time to do just that next year

Quote:
I could care less if you like the guy, but if you're an actual basketball fan and not some blind, deaf and dumb idiotic basketball fan, you like what this guy is bringing to the table. I could give a shit what his motivation is, he's telling it like it is and people don't like it. Oh I'm sorry, big MJ fan, now you know why he did so well. I'm sorry big LJ fan..... ditto. the NBA is fixed, has been for a LONG time. Get used to it, but don't shoot the messenger.
^give this man a cigar
i hope someday you and i can sit down for that beer because we are definitely on the same page
the NBA has almost become unwatchable for me because of the 2 different sets of rules on the court
Shadowfax is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #47 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 603
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mxyzptlk View Post
it'll have plenty of time to do just that next year


^give this man a cigar
i hope someday you and i can sit down for that beer because we are definitely on the same page
the NBA has almost become unwatchable for me because of the 2 different sets of rules on the court
I'm disgusted with NBA promoting superstars, applying different sets of rules as well.
Extra step is NOT hard to spot, cause you don't even have to look at the feet. This little of body language knowledge must be required of refs.
Shuffle is harder to see, but it's often called on poor Euro players just so the refs can get their quota.
Now, LBJ fav, double hop step is so blatant you have to be blind to miss it!
How about Wade's cross-over carry? No, let's call it on Calderon when he crosses mid court, filling the quota.

Here's another question: Why do Wade, LeBron, Kobe, Rose get 'n'one on continuation, when they take three steps after they get fouled? I've never seen a call: foul, but no basket because they travelled after the foul.

p.s. what's the name of the website? can't make it out..

Last edited by moujik; 06-01-2011 at 07:17 PM.
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24