Donaghy: NBA allows Lebron to travel - Page 2
Old 05-30-2011, 08:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
playoffs please dont end

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,594
Representing:
Default

An appropriate youtube video, scored over a million views btw
At that time Magette was a star, but not of LeBrons calibre. And they let him get away with that
Shifty.py is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
highonpsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,011
Representing:
Default

I noticed/saw that travel as it happened, but Chicago played so shitty, I didn't even think it made a difference, they were already finished, but fuck these ref's for not calling such an obvious travel.
highonpsi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

I love how people hate Donaghy for telling the truth.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,655
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I love how people hate Donaghy for telling the truth.
For profit? To add to his workings with the mob? Yes. Yes indeed.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,865
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I love how people hate Donaghy for telling the truth.
I love how you think that "telling the truth" is the reason people hate Douche-a-ghy.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

I think fuck you both.

You need to set your priorities straight.. Why do you give a fuck what he gains or loses from what he says. ForEVER people bitch about the league being bullshit when it comes to calls and results. A dude gets busted and spills and you losers are all about how hoe should shut up.

Ya, what a fucking douche he is, he should just shut up now, he was a bad guy.


Truth is truth boys, same fucked up IDIOTIC responses were popular when Joe Canseco made his own statements. Look at where that went.

I could care less if you like the guy, but if you're an actual basketball fan and not some blind, deaf and dumb idiotic basketball fan, you like what this guy is bringing to the table. I could give a shit what his motivation is, he's telling it like it is and people don't like it. Oh I'm sorry, big MJ fan, now you know why he did so well. I'm sorry big LJ fan..... ditto. the NBA is fixed, has been for a LONG time. Get used to it, but don't shoot the messenger.

What a crock of shit it is to read those posts... honestly. Do you LIKE WWF style sports???????
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,084
Representing:
Default

Referees miss travelling calls. Good players often get the benefit of the doubt. That's basketball.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,445
Representing:
Default

If its called its just anpother game winning shot LBJ misses. And how do you miss that...
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:03 AM   #29 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,865
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I think fuck you both.

You need to set your priorities straight.. Why do you give a fuck what he gains or loses from what he says. ForEVER people bitch about the league being bullshit when it comes to calls and results. A dude gets busted and spills and you losers are all about how hoe should shut up.
See, not all of us think everything he said is 100% true, because not all of us swallowed his load like a cheap $20 hooker. If you knew anything, I mean anything about the amount of money the NBA could lose if caught encouraging the refs to fix games, as well as the legal implications involved if the worst of the accusations were true, then maybe you'd understand how stupid it is to believe everything he said.

The few points he raised that I thought had some legitimacy are things people already talk about. "Well, gee, thanks for being the great "truth teller" for pointing out that travelling occurs! Or that refs hold grudges against players! I didn't know that could happen! Thanks! "

Quote:
Truth is truth boys, same fucked up IDIOTIC responses were popular when Joe Canseco made his own statements. Look at where that went.
Actually, this is a weak comparison. People only mocked Canseco in a few cases pertaining to perceived "golden boy" players. Most importantly, the degree of conspiracy is different, since it's the actions of individual players looking out for their individual interests, and not a league, comprised of executives and organized personnel, that is risking billions and billions of dollars and potentially huge jail sentences for their actions. Different story. Congress did a fucking investigation because they took the baseball rumours seriously and there was reason to. Different situation.

Quote:
I could care less if you like the guy,
You clearly do care. In my last post I suggested there were other reasons for thinking he's a douche, aside from the "truth telling", yet you still said "fuck you both" (which included me). I think you're being very disingenuous. It bothers you that we don't want to pat him on the back like you do.

Quote:
if you're an actual basketball fan and not some blind, deaf and dumb idiotic basketball fan, you like what this guy is bringing to the table.
Let me re-phrase that for you: If you're an intelligent basketball fan, who has both played and reffed, and not some gullible clown who believes every conspiracy theory that seems to fit his own personal bias, then you know there is a certain degree of human error involved and you approach Donaghy's claims with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Quote:
What a crock of shit it is to read those posts...
Now you know how a lot of us feel when reading your posts.

Last edited by Bill Haverchuck; 05-31-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
some creepy guy

Senior Member
 
MARTYNAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: far far away
Posts: 1,445
Representing:
Default

All the conspiracies were talked about way before Tim Donaghy. Maybe he used it, touched most talked about conspiracies and said it's all true...
But forget Donaghy, just look at the NBA, it's clearly fixed. It's not like in Europe. How many times you heard ''NBA is just a business''? Sad to hear it, more sadly, NBA American fans thinks it's ok. NBA always works to get more money. Superstar mint works full strength. It takes best players and protects them. Turns them into superstars. Wade get calls every single time he drives, LeBron travels all over the place... Fuck this shit...
I don't care about Tim Donaghy. He talks about it because he wants to lookless of a douche bag, or he wants money, or get famous... Whats the difference. The thing he disregard Stern and talks about all that shit. Ok, he was a part of that, now he's not. He is a cheater and douche. I don't care. More Donaghies please!
MARTYNAS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:37 AM   #31 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,084
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTYNAS View Post
All the conspiracies were talked about way before Tim Donaghy. Maybe he used it, touched most talked about conspiracies and said it's all true...
But forget Donaghy, just look at the NBA, it's clearly fixed. It's not like in Europe. How many times you heard ''NBA is just a business''? Sad to hear it, more sadly, NBA American fans thinks it's ok. NBA always works to get more money. Superstar mint works full strength. It takes best players and protects them. Turns them into superstars. Wade get calls every single time he drives, LeBron travels all over the place... Fuck this shit...
I don't care about Tim Donaghy. He talks about it because he wants to lookless of a douche bag, or he wants money, or get famous... Whats the difference. The thing he disregard Stern and talks about all that shit. Ok, he was a part of that, now he's not. He is a cheater and douche. I don't care. More Donaghies please!
So Bulls/Heat was fixed?? Dallas/Lakers??

What series was the fix in?? Every series?

I missed it, please elaborate.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:55 AM   #32 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
See, not all of us think everything he said is 100% true, because not all of us swallowed his load like a cheap $20 hooker. If you knew anything, I mean anything about the amount of money the NBA could lose if caught encouraging the refs to fix games, as well as the legal implications involved if the worst of the accusations were true, then maybe you'd understand how stupid it is to believe everything he said.

The few points he raised that I thought had some legitimacy are things people already talk about. "Well, gee, thanks for being the great "truth teller" for pointing out that travelling occurs! Or that refs hold grudges against players! I didn't know that could happen! Thanks! "



Actually, this is a weak comparison. People only mocked Canseco in a few cases pertaining to perceived "golden boy" players. Most importantly, the degree of conspiracy is different, since it's the actions of individual players looking out for their individual interests, and not a league, comprised of executives and organized personnel, that is risking billions and billions of dollars and potentially huge jail sentences for their actions. Different story. Congress did a fucking investigation because they took the baseball rumours seriously and there was reason to. Different situation.



You clearly do care. In my last post I suggested there were other reasons for thinking he's a douche, aside from the "truth telling", yet you still said "fuck you both" (which included me). I think you're being very disingenuous. It bothers you that we don't want to pat him on the back like you do.



Let me re-phrase that for you: If you're an intelligent basketball fan, who has both played and reffed, and not some gullible clown who believes every conspiracy theory that seems to fit his own personal bias, then you know there is a certain degree of human error involved and you approach Donaghy's claims with a healthy dose of skepticism.



Now you know how a lot of us feel when reading your posts.
Just because you used a lot of words doesn't mean you're right.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:08 PM   #33 (permalink)
some creepy guy

Senior Member
 
MARTYNAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: far far away
Posts: 1,445
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
So Bulls/Heat was fixed?? Dallas/Lakers??

What series was the fix in?? Every series?

I missed it, please elaborate.
I talked about unfair superstar protection...
It's just poor sportsmanship, because no1 looks equal. It looks everyone get used to see LeBron gets handy calls just because he's LeBron... It is fixing.
MARTYNAS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,655
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Just because you used a lot of words doesn't mean you're right.
Just because you call others idiotic doesn't mean you are not.

Apparently you have allowed Donaghy to con you into thinking his crimes were small potatoes compared to the vast depths of evil that swamps the NBA. He was just a fall guy, right?

Any basketball fan with eyes could see that a foul could have been called on nearly every possession of that entire series. And any fan that has watched more than a single playoff round knows that such a thing has been common over the years. How refs call any game is inescapably subjective, but unless their are gross inconsistencies, a fan with a brain should shut the fuck up about conspiracies, and a fuck-up like Donaghy should give up on promoting shit Internet sites.

In the same in question, Lebron was fouled on a made three. The replay clearly showed Rose making contact with Lebron's wrist on the follow-through. It was right there in super slow-mo. But no call and no mention by anyone. I guess it was all part of a plot to see the MVP succeed. Too bad it didn't work.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #35 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

I don't really care about donaghy LX, I'm just talking about what he's pointing out.

The league needs to fix itself.

Thats all brother.... sorry bout the idiot part. I know you guys are smart fella's.

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
is too lazy to respond, you win

Senior Member

 
GrannyFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,494
Representing:
Default

i disagree with donaghy here, i think cuban is going to be pleased as dallas wins. the nba milking ratings with the heat in the finals i can understand but in a league where half the teams are struggling to stay afloat i can't see the nba actually wanting the heat to win the title. There is no way that they can want allstar talents bunched into just a few teams . I beleive an example will be made as the big three lose to a pansy like nowitski.

hmm, maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm high... but i won an award so you better recognize
GrannyFro is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #37 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Dirka Dirka is a pansy?
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #38 (permalink)
is too lazy to respond, you win

Senior Member

 
GrannyFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Dirka Dirka is a pansy?
lets just say if dirk and Bosh are both caught in a Kurt Angle dual ankle lock, dirk is 75% more likely to tap first

at least according to my calculations and analysis(years of data run through my simulatulation programs)
GrannyFro is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:01 PM   #40 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

I think the problem is, when a high profile player has got his hands on the ball. The refs are watching the players around him and whether there is a foul to call. Not the travel.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24