D'Antoni: Lakers 'Don't Have To Be One-Player Dominant'
Old 03-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,769
Representing:
Default D'Antoni: Lakers 'Don't Have To Be One-Player Dominant'

Quote:
In their 113-102 win over the Sacramento Kings on Sunday, the Los Angeles Lakers had six players in double figures and 28 assists as a team. Antawn Jamison and Metta World Peace scored 27 and 22 points each, while Steve Nash and Steve Blake combined for 20 assists.

All of that transpired without Kobe Bryant, who is out indefinitely due to a severe ankle sprain.

Mike D'Antoni believes the Lakers should not have to be reliant on Bryant to play one-on-one basketball when he returns, because they have proven to be much more balanced playing together and sharing the ball.

"We don't have to be one-player dominant," D'Antoni said. "The ball has to move, and when it does, we're really good."
RealGM

Not reliant on Bryant only? That could have some interesting ramifications....

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 03-18-2013 at 04:01 PM.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,759
Representing:
Default

Just like how the Heat share the ball, they have weapons everywhere on the court. Lakers are not at that level yet despite all the talent.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,902
Representing:
Default

get ready for snake eyes to d'antoni
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,940
Representing:
Default

Their problems havent been on offense so i dont know why even bring this up. Their defense has been shit throughout the year, thats why the lost as many games as they did.
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,902
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity View Post
Their problems havent been on offense so i dont know why even bring this up. Their defense has been shit throughout the year, thats why the lost as many games as they did.
cough d'antoni cough


they really dropped the ball with his hiring. sloan, saunders, SVG, jackson, and they pick d'antoni??

they won their championships on elite defence. there hasn't been a single championship team with subpar defence.

offence wins you games, defence wins you championships, and yet....

pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,769
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity View Post
Their problems havent been on offense so i dont know why even bring this up. Their defense has been shit throughout the year, thats why the lost as many games as they did.
Can't argue that....6th on offense and 25th on defense but I don't think it's as simple as that. Since those numbers are for the year, I would like to see where their defense has been sitting the last 10-15 games.

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 03-18-2013 at 05:07 PM.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,769
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
cough d'antoni cough


they really dropped the ball with his hiring. sloan, saunders, SVG, jackson, and they pick d'antoni??

they won their championships on elite defence. there hasn't been a single championship team with subpar defence.

offence wins you games, defence wins you championships, and yet....

Ah, but was the Dantoni hire for after Kobe?? He says maybe 2 years at the most before retiring. This might be a retooling on the fly.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
not Drake, that's for sure

Kleiza's agent
 
Zalgiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,126
Representing:
Default

Zalgiris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,769
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalgiris View Post
Seriously, that's awesome.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,759
Representing:
Default

This is just DAntoni publicly stating to Kobe that he wants Nash to run the offence a lot more, and that he thinks his style will work better than the Kobe offence. Its quite funny actually. I still have no idea why he was hired, given the personnel of the Lakers, and the Lakers being a much better low post offence type of team using a triangle like system with one player posting, and the others spacing the floor for open looks if double teams come. They're not going to be as efficient running screen roll while going small and shooting a shitload of 3's early in the clock, which is DAntonis offence in a nutshell.

DAntoni would have been much better off coaching a team like the Rockets who essentially play his system to a T, but luckily for the Rockets, they have a coach who's able to effectively adjust to his players in Mchale who effectively changed their offence to accomodate the players that came in, and Parsons surge in his 2nd season.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,769
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
This is just DAntoni publicly stating to Kobe that he wants Nash to run the offence a lot more, and that he thinks his style will work better than the Kobe offence. Its quite funny actually. I still have no idea why he was hired, given the personnel of the Lakers, and the Lakers being a much better low post offence type of team using a triangle like system with one player posting, and the others spacing the floor for open looks if double teams come. They're not going to be as efficient running screen roll while going small and shooting a shitload of 3's early in the clock, which is DAntonis offence in a nutshell.

DAntoni would have been much better off coaching a team like the Rockets who essentially play his system to a T, but luckily for the Rockets, they have a coach who's able to effectively adjust to his players in Mchale who effectively changed their offence to accomodate the players that came in, and Parsons surge in his 2nd season.
I think most of the NBA and fans and media and ClutchCity would agree with you.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,902
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
I think most of the NBA and fans and media and ClutchCity would agree with you.
and kobe
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
is rooting for the Raptors!

Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 238
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
This is just DAntoni publicly stating to Kobe that he wants Nash to run the offence a lot more, and that he thinks his style will work better than the Kobe offence. Its quite funny actually. I still have no idea why he was hired, given the personnel of the Lakers, and the Lakers being a much better low post offence type of team using a triangle like system with one player posting, and the others spacing the floor for open looks if double teams come. They're not going to be as efficient running screen roll while going small and shooting a shitload of 3's early in the clock, which is DAntonis offence in a nutshell.

DAntoni would have been much better off coaching a team like the Rockets who essentially play his system to a T, but luckily for the Rockets, they have a coach who's able to effectively adjust to his players in Mchale who effectively changed their offence to accomodate the players that came in, and Parsons surge in his 2nd season.
Well said my man.
CobraKing is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24