Cp3 for Westbrook? - Page 2
Old 06-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
You sound in denial but I was talking about in terms of playoffs. The most CP managed to do was was get into the second round. He's only managed to win one playoff series in his career and failed to make the playoffs last year. How is it false may I ask?
CP3 has lead his team to just as much success, and he did it by truly leading. Durant was on a team that won when expected. There's just no way to say that he lead his team to so much more. It just didn't happen.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,253
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
CP3 has lead his team to just as much success, and he did it by truly leading. Durant was on a team that won when expected. There's just no way to say that he lead his team to so much more. It just didn't happen.
They won when expected... you can't be serious. Do people forget that quickly. No one expected OKC to do what they did last year. And this year while expectations were higher, many doubted that they could be even considered contenders considering how young they were. It seems everywhere there just proving doubters wrong. And you really don't believe that Durant lead his team, if it wasn't for him guaranteed they wouldn't be even in the playoffs. Like I said before in Paul's six year career, he's only won one playoff series.
Blaze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
They won when expected... you can't be serious. Do people forget that quickly. No one expected OKC to do what they did last year. And this year while expectations were higher, many doubted that they could be even considered contenders considering how young they were. It seems everywhere there just proving doubters wrong. And you really don't believe that Durant lead his team, if it wasn't for him guaranteed they wouldn't be even in the playoffs. Like I said before in Paul's six year career, he's only won one playoff series.
How are you even comparing a SF to a PG? And why does it even matter who's better or who lead their respective teams further? The point is that these 2 would make a dominant duo much more deadly than the current one OKC has and there is absolutely no denying that. These 2 wouldn't clash because they'd complement each other. And Paul won one less series than Durant and took a Spurs team in 2008 (when they were still good) to 7 games. Did you see what Paul did the the Lakers this year? Dude is as good as they come and is easily a top 3 PG in the game. Westbrook may not even be top 5.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,037
Representing:
Default

And as much as I love Durant, he has serious issues at times trying to create his own shot. The worst thing is that he's not even strong enough to get himself open for a pass when the refs are letting both teams "play". Paul can actually create his own shot and his pick and roll with Ibaka would be deadly. He'll find Durant in his sweet spots and the guy is floor general. Durant's too scared to talk shit to his teammates, Paul isn't.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,879
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
CP3 is the better shooter, passer, playmaker, decision maker, defender, blah blah blah

CP3 >>>> RW and its not even close at this point.
Yes CP3 is better when he plays, but what I am saying is as far as durability Westbrook gets the nodd!
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 6,064
Representing:
Default

I heard CP3 has a Roy knee that's missin' it's meniscus. You get a good year or two from Chris Paul, while Westbrook would go nuts and make a buncha All-Star appearences in the future.
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,253
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
How are you even comparing a SF to a PG? And why does it even matter who's better or who lead their respective teams further? The point is that these 2 would make a dominant duo much more deadly than the current one OKC has and there is absolutely no denying that. These 2 wouldn't clash because they'd complement each other. And Paul won one less series than Durant and took a Spurs team in 2008 (when they were still good) to 7 games. Did you see what Paul did the the Lakers this year? Dude is as good as they come and is easily a top 3 PG in the game. Westbrook may not even be top 5.
I was just saying that Durant is the better player. How can I compare an SF and a PG? Let me compare a C and SG-Jordan is better than Shaq. Obviously right now CP and Durant combo would be better than with Westbrook, CP is the better player, but if they do this trade it hurts there chemistry and even more so if CP thinks this is now his team. Despite how good someone might think two people look on paper, if the chemistry isn't there, it just won't work out. Durant won one more series than CP in less years in the league, and they took a spurs team to game 7, which is a big accomplishment, but they never won that year. Last year OKC put up the biggest fight next to Boston, to a Lakers team that won the title. Lastly, sure CP put in some serious work against the Lakers, which would've been impressive had that same Lakers squad not been swept in the next round.

Last edited by Blaze; 06-05-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Blaze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
They won when expected... you can't be serious. Do people forget that quickly. No one expected OKC to do what they did last year. And this year while expectations were higher, many doubted that they could be even considered contenders considering how young they were. It seems everywhere there just proving doubters wrong. And you really don't believe that Durant lead his team, if it wasn't for him guaranteed they wouldn't be even in the playoffs. Like I said before in Paul's six year career, he's only won one playoff series.
And how many has Durant won? If he'd won anything of note you might have a point.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,253
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
And how many has Durant won? If he'd won anything of note you might have a point.
Was he not one series away from the finals this year? More than Paul's ever done.
Blaze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Was he not one series away from the finals this year? More than Paul's ever done.
ya and he also has a better TEAM then paul.
paul took the lakers to 6 games when they were supposed to get swept.....and they didn't have West.
what makes it that much more impressive is that CP is a POINT GUARD. if a point guard has good players to play with it makes his job that much easier, ie RONDO. he CARRIED his team throughout the season and moreso in the playoffs. all this while not 100% i might add. it isn't a PGs job to carry a team but paul had to and same with rose given the circumstances and just how the team was assembled. and thats not really chris' game but is rose's game. so he was forced to adapt and did so wonderfully
during a injure-ridled season last year the hornets sucked and even tho paul was back this year, if you look at all the preseason predictions or powerrankings. no one, NO ONE, had the hornets in the playoffs. i would say for CP to get this years hornets team to the playoffs alone is just as, or even more impressive then durant taking the thunder to the conference finals.
CP was also 2nd in MVP voting one year....more than durant's ever gotten
you give chris a decent team to work with and he's an MVP lock and the team are instant contenders

Last edited by powerfulpanda; 06-06-2011 at 05:33 PM.
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

Not to mention that they beat an eighth seed and a fifth seed, in a pretty cushy ride that they were expected to succeed in, and did so with difficulty, a lack of leadership being the primary cause.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #32 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,253
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
ya and he also has a better TEAM then paul.
paul took the lakers to 6 games when they were supposed to get swept.....and they didn't have West.
what makes it that much more impressive is that CP is a POINT GUARD. if a point guard has good players to play with it makes his job that much easier, ie RONDO. he CARRIED his team throughout the season and moreso in the playoffs. all this while not 100% i might add. it isn't a PGs job to carry a team but paul had to and same with rose given the circumstances and just how the team was assembled. and thats not really chris' game but is rose's game. so he was forced to adapt and did so wonderfully
during a injure-ridled season last year the hornets sucked and even tho paul was back this year, if you look at all the preseason predictions or powerrankings. no one, NO ONE, had the hornets in the playoffs. i would say for CP to get this years hornets team to the playoffs alone is just as, or even more impressive then durant taking the thunder to the conference finals.
CP was also 2nd in MVP voting one year....more than durant's ever gotten
you give chris a decent team to work with and he's an MVP lock and the team are instant contenders
His team was better but the team is badly inexperienced that it really evens out. CP had an all-star in David West and a defensive anchor in Tyson Chandler, he had a good team. Besides you say he does this as a PG, this is a PG league if you haven't noticed. The PG has become the core of almost every team. Your telling me no one had Hornets in the playoffs, who the hell had OKC in the playoffs last year. They went from a 20 win team to a 50 win one, and unlike hornets they maintained it, (at least thus far). And buddy last year Durant finished second in MVP voting too...
Blaze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,253
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Not to mention that they beat an eighth seed and a fifth seed, in a pretty cushy ride that they were expected to succeed in, and did so with difficulty, a lack of leadership being the primary cause.
That eighth seed wasn't playing like an eighth seed in anyway, but your right right about the lack of leadership being their down fall, but bring in someone else who thinks he's the leader, while the current leader doesn't equals problems. If they could make it work they would be amazing, if they can't they'll go backwards.
Blaze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
His team was better but the team is badly inexperienced that it really evens out. CP had an all-star in David West and a defensive anchor in Tyson Chandler, he had a good team.
no it doesn't even out. u really want to compare teams? CP has an all-star in David West (1 year all-star, i would also argue he's an allstar because of CP, look at west during the time CP was out). Durant has an allstar in Westbrook (bet on more appearances in the future). CP has a defensive anchor in chandler. KD has a defensive anchor in Perk, ibaka and sefalosha. and they aren't really that inexperienced. they went to the playoffs last year and they have perkins who won a title with a veteran filled celtics squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Besides you say he does this as a PG, this is a PG league if you haven't noticed. The PG has become the core of almost every team. Your telling me no one had Hornets in the playoffs, who the hell had OKC in the playoffs last year.
you don't give the ball to ur PG and require him to "take over" or win the game for you. however u give the ball to durant and expect him to carry his team when the situation arises.

no one had last years OKC team in the playoffs and they lost to lakers in 6. no one had this years hornets team in the playoffs and lost to lakers in 6. both where expected to be swept. this argument doesn't do anything for either side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
They went from a 20 win team to a 50 win one, and unlike hornets they maintained it, (at least thus far). And buddy last year Durant finished second in MVP voting too...
i don't know what this is about....last years hornets team was shit because paul missed the majority of the season. this year he was relatively healthy and carried basically the same team to the playoffs.
OKCs improvement was the result of a very talented young core growing together and getting better. which includes durant
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #35 (permalink)
...

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,161
Representing:
Default

Quote:
You sound in denial but I was talking about in terms of playoffs. The most CP managed to do was was get into the second round. He's only managed to win one playoff series in his career and failed to make the playoffs last year. How is it false may I ask?
Look at the teams hes had. You should be complimenting him on winning a round with the supporting casts hes had. No one gets that team any further.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #36 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,253
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
no it doesn't even out. u really want to compare teams? CP has an all-star in David West (1 year all-star, i would also argue he's an allstar because of CP, look at west during the time CP was out). Durant has an allstar in Westbrook (bet on more appearances in the future). CP has a defensive anchor in chandler. KD has a defensive anchor in Perk, ibaka and sefalosha. and they aren't really that inexperienced. they went to the playoffs last year and they have perkins who won a title with a veteran filled celtics squad.
Are you kidding me, it doesn't count. You then have no idea how important experience is. Dallas would in no way be into the finals right now if it wasn't for their experience, they sure as hell aren't the most talented team in the west. The reason that OKC lost this year was because of a lack of experience, so you can't disregard that in no way. They were youngest team in the nba and just one player having experience doesn't make up for the rest of the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
you don't give the ball to ur PG and require him to "take over" or win the game for you. however u give the ball to durant and expect him to carry his team when the situation arises.

no one had last years OKC team in the playoffs and they lost to lakers in 6. no one had this years hornets team in the playoffs and lost to lakers in 6. both where expected to be swept. this argument doesn't do anything for either side.
That just proves my point exactly, what team has a superstar and isn't expected to make the playoffs? You said it yourself, give Durant the ball and he can win you the game, CP not so much. Even though that's not expected of him, your best player is supposed to be the one that wins the game for you and carriers the team. What because Rose is a PG, he doesn't take over games? Any team with Durant on it would be a playoff team. He is a top five player in the league hands down, not CP, although this can obviously argued it isn't as set as durant. He hasn't even played good in two years since just recently.
Blaze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #37 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Are you kidding me, it doesn't count. You then have no idea how important experience is. Dallas would in no way be into the finals right now if it wasn't for their experience, they sure as hell aren't the most talented team in the west. The reason that OKC lost this year was because of a lack of experience, so you can't disregard that in no way. They were youngest team in the nba and just one player having experience doesn't make up for the rest of the roster.
why are u even talking about last years OKC team? i agree last years team was inexperience cuz that was there first playoff run. they weren't suppose to win so i got nothing against that. we're comparing this years okc and hornets team and as to which is more impressive.this years thunder team is wayyy more talented and 1 year more mature, some say title contenders, so thats why i think what they did this year is not as remarkable as what chris paul and the hornets did this year. so because the thunder have such a talented roster but because of inexperience it should lower expectations, or be an excuse for failure? it should to some degree but not to the point of importance ur placing on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
That just proves my point exactly, what team has a superstar and isn't expected to make the playoffs? You said it yourself, give Durant the ball and he can win you the game, CP not so much. Even though that's not expected of him, your best player is supposed to be the one that wins the game for you and carriers the team. What because Rose is a PG, he doesn't take over games? Any team with Durant on it would be a playoff team. He is a top five player in the league hands down, not CP, although this can obviously argued it isn't as set as durant. He hasn't even played good in two years since just recently.
once again, its more IMPRESSIVE when its ur PG and not ur SF. because thats not the PG's job but when required can still step up his game and do something outside of his regular duties.

how quickly people forget....an injure free chris paul is top 5 player as well. which, once again, is more impressive because how many pg's are top 5 or even top 10 player overall? i really hope chris paul comes back healthy next year and remind everyone
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #38 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,683
Representing:
Default

Is someone tryin to say Paul is bad? Unreal, best PG in the league and one of the best players in the league.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,731
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Is someone tryin to say Paul is bad? Unreal, best PG in the league and one of the best players in the league.
not only that but someone vehemently believes that westbrook is better than paul.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #40 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,683
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
not only that but someone vehemently believes that westbrook is better than paul.
I need like... a screen sized facepalm!! SOMEONE GO NOW! GET ONE!
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24