Cousins to Boston close? - Page 3
Old 01-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #41 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

from an outside perspective, i really don't have an issue with what he says or does. he calls out his teammates and coaches for making stupid decisions and he kicks ass out on the court. he has a special type of dedication, but he needs to be managed like rodman and artest needed to be managed. i'm just waiting him to call out petrie for the thomas/brooks combo.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #42 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,865
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunkie1 View Post
from an outside perspective, i really don't have an issue with what he says or does. he calls out his teammates and coaches for making stupid decisions and he kicks ass out on the court. he has a special type of dedication, but he needs to be managed like rodman and artest needed to be managed. i'm just waiting him to call out petrie for the thomas/brooks combo.
It's too bad they didn't draft Lillard, instead of Robinson.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #43 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,098
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
It's too bad they didn't draft Lillard, instead of Robinson.
I thought drafting Robinson was perfect and lucky for them. He was expected #2. I didn't know he would barely play. They've needed a 4 for the long-term for a while now. Not sure why they aren't playing Thomas at point that much either anymore, they were high on him last year. Just wish they could send out this lineup more for developement:

Cousins
Robinson
Evans
Thornton
Thomas/Jimmer

They aren't making the playoffs playing players like Hayes, Thompson, Salmons etc. Might aswell develop their young guns.
DonMughal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #44 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

i read something the other day about the kings drafting thomas as insurance to thompson leaving via free agency. it's too bad they didn't draft lillard, but thomas was definitely the better prospect coming from better competition.

it's a shame that lillard never went to a major school. it would have been nice to see him play and he would have probably been the second overall without the questions on the level of play he went up again.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:34 AM   #45 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,865
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
I thought drafting Robinson was perfect and lucky for them. He was expected #2. I didn't know he would barely play. They've needed a 4 for the long-term for a while now. Not sure why they aren't playing Thomas at point that much either anymore, they were high on him last year. Just wish they could send out this lineup more for developement:

Cousins
Robinson
Evans
Thornton
Thomas/Jimmer

They aren't making the playoffs playing players like Hayes, Thompson, Salmons etc. Might aswell develop their young guns.
At the time of the draft, I also thought Robinson might be a steal at #5. So, when I say it's too bad they didn't draft Lillard, I don't mean to pull a captain hindsight. I know their pick was justifiable.

And, yeah, I agree, they should've been playing Thomas more consistently at the point. I still don't know why they even signed a shoot first PG in Brooks. It's not good for Cousins or any of the other young players.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:49 AM   #46 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,792
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
I thought drafting Robinson was perfect and lucky for them. He was expected #2. I didn't know he would barely play. They've needed a 4 for the long-term for a while now. Not sure why they aren't playing Thomas at point that much either anymore, they were high on him last year. Just wish they could send out this lineup more for developement:

Cousins
Robinson
Evans
Thornton
Thomas/Jimmer

They aren't making the playoffs playing players like Hayes, Thompson, Salmons etc. Might aswell develop their young guns.
All of their players seem to have a disease of doing too much, and Robinson isn't an exception. They have Cousins penetrating from the perimeter instead of getting the ball on the block every time, they have guards doing ridiculous things, and Robinson is emulating it too. He needs to restrain himself when it comes to dribbles, position himself closer and focus on easy moves to the basket and boards.
He needs to be coached, but I guess that's not a focus area for their coach.

It's a mess. I think they need a coaching change, and some player personnel changes, but given their lack of funds, I don't know that they can do anything that would turn them around.
If they'd just get another coach at small price and short contract, with mediocre assistants, etc, what would that help.

Last edited by woodchuck; 01-08-2013 at 02:51 AM.
woodchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:53 AM   #47 (permalink)
threes and free throws

Senior Member
 
Metallikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,870
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
All of their players seem to have a disease of doing too much, and Robinson isn't an exception. They have Cousins penetrating from the perimeter instead of getting the ball on the block every time, they have guards doing ridiculous things, and Robinson is emulating it too. He needs to restrain himself when it comes to dribbles, position himself closer and focus on easy moves to the basket and boards.
He needs to be coached, but I guess that's not a focus area for their coach.

It's a mess. I think they need a coaching change, and some player personnel changes, but given their lack of funds, I don't know that they can do anything that would turn them around.
If they'd just get another coach at small price and short contract, with mediocre assistants, etc, what would that help.
They're just circling the bowl until new ownership comes in and they move to Seattle.
Metallikid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24