Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Chris Sheridan: Lebron going back to Cleveland (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/chris-sheridan-lebron-going-back-cleveland-27293.html)

jeffb 07-09-2014 07:59 PM

Chris Sheridan: Lebron going back to Cleveland
 
This guy is pretty credible is he not?


Quote:

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
Follow
LeBron James left the meeting without committing to a deal with the Heat, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Quote:

Chris Sheridan ✔ @sheridanhoops
Follow
LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, a source tells Basketball News and Opinion | Sheridan Hoops ? . @KingJames #LeBronToClev Latest News on Top NBA Free Agents 2014

Quote:

The Decision has been made. LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, a league source tells SheridanHoops.com.

James met with Miami Heat president Pat Riley today in Las Vegas to deliver the news. A contingent of other Heat officials were informed they were not welcome at the meeting, according to a source who spoke on condition of anonymity.

An official announcement will be made on http://www.lebronjames.com, as I first reported yesterday.

For Cleveland, this is one of the most important days in the city’s sports history. No pro team has won a title of any kind since the Browns won the NFL Championship in 1964, and now there is a distinct possibility that the 50-year drought can end. James will be joining a team led by Kyrie Irving, who just agreed to a five-year contract extension, along with Andrew Wiggins, the No. 1 pick in last month’s draft.
http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07...APOAjoOIJ15.99

moremilk 07-09-2014 08:01 PM

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure this is not raptors related :)

although I wouldn't mind making a play for wiggins, if lebron goes there, a bunch of veterans may be far more appealing to cleveland than a rookie, no matter how talented. Ross + Patterson + Vasquez for Wiggins and a future first - who blinks first?

jeffb 07-09-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 909230)
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure this is not raptors related :)

Can someone change the section?

0nekhmer 07-09-2014 08:14 PM

I'll be pretty surprised if he does go back. It may help his image, but that roster does not look like a contender. Would lebron play at PF or would wiggins play SG and move waiters as 6th man? The management must still be bad if a vet like deng dismissed the practice sessions like he did.

jeffb 07-09-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0nekhmer (Post 909235)
I'll be pretty surprised if he does go back. It may help his image, but that roster does not look like a contender. Would lebron play at PF or would wiggins play SG and move waiters as 6th man? The management must still be bad if a vet like deng dismissed the practice sessions like he did.

They have 29mil in capspace, they'd give Lebron the max and then go after Kevin Love (probably using Wiggins) and sign Allen or Miller with the MLE.....not sure that's even possible.

Irving
Miller
Lebron
Love
Varajao

rockthetdot 07-09-2014 08:25 PM

Well, hopefully LeBron teaches Wiggins a little something so when he makes his return home, we can take this championship to the bank!

omar36 07-09-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 909237)
They have 29mil in capspace, they'd give Lebron the max and then go after Kevin Love (probably using Wiggins) and sign Allen or Miller with the MLE.....not sure that's even possible.

Irving
Miller
Lebron
Love
Varajao

allen will take vets, milelr porbably 3 million and ues they could trade wiggins for love i believe. this team looks very dangerous but imo, i dont see them winning this year. i wanted him to stay in miami so that that big 3 would collapse in 2 years not this bs, cavs can last 5-6 years, so much youth and potential.

Ammo 07-09-2014 08:47 PM

Cleveland just got sexy.

Good for LeBron if it's true, and I think it is, which is why they cleared the space. His popularity and jersey sales just went through the roof.

Miami's situation was not going to improve, only worsen, things staying the same. Cleveland on the other hand is on their way up. Even towards the end of his career, to have Irving, Waiters, Wiggins carrying the load as contenders, he will likely have more chanIhe load, but now Wade is breaking down and Bosh is softening. It would have been another draining year in Miami.

And really, it's got to be exhausting to be a villain and the "easiest target in sports".


Hope it's true. Let's go Cleveland Canucks.


HAH! Wade opted out. Hope he can lure Carmelo to Miami or they're screwed.

DocHoliday99 07-09-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammo (Post 909243)
And really, it's got to be exhausting to be a villain and the "easiest target in sports".

Yeah, like that'll change if he flips back to Cleveland :cookie:

omar36 07-09-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 (Post 909245)
Yeah, like that'll change if he flips back to Cleveland :cookie:

yup, i dont think heat fans will be happy and kobe fans just got a new excuse. kobe bitched about his shit team but never left like lebron.

this guy will never win nom atter where he goes lol

lankganglia 07-09-2014 09:00 PM

in kinda another direction...

I'd be really upset if wiggins got sent to minny

it's minny and it's 10pm start times

LX 07-09-2014 09:08 PM

After the Heat just tossed Mike Miller aside to save some cash, and then looked to their stars to take a paycut, after Lebron worked his ass off to make up for a lack of proper team building, it is not at all shocking to see a guy worth multiples of what he will ever actually get, say fuck that and take some control of the situation. If you want to get some idea of why owners are unnecessary and only exist as a result of their own rigged systems, this isn't a bad place to start. They look for us to fund their stadiums if we want them to stay, they look for their big name stars to take less money if they want to win; they say they are losing money hand over fist in order to put the squeeze on every four or five years, then sign new tv deals and sell shit franchises for crazy profits. And they do nothing but act like massive turds for the most part. But Lebron is the villain. That's just brutal.

LX 07-09-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lankganglia (Post 909248)
in kinda another direction...

I'd be really upset if wiggins got sent to minny

it's minny and it's 10pm start times

Whoa! Why 10pm? More like 8pm no? They are CST.

Ammo 07-09-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 (Post 909245)
Yeah, like that'll change if he flips back to Cleveland :cookie:

Really? Rapes, murders, drunk driving accidents, racism, etc all became water under the bridge for athletes by playing and winning. This couldn't happen for LeBron because he was ever-present in the situation that people grew to hate him for.

I do think he would have fewer haters. It wasn't just the decision it was the sneaking around to contrive a team of all-stars for a shortcut. Somehow people are more accepting if the team is built the usual way. Also, that's quite a few rejected blue-collar types that watched him uproot and go to soft, "better than you" Miami.

DocHoliday99 07-09-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

The Houston Rockets have a standing offer of four years and $88 million to Chris Bosh, but that situation became more problematic with news of Chandler Parsons' three-year, $45 million offer sheet agreement with the Dallas Mavericks.

The Rockets can match Parsons' contract and still afford Bosh, but only if they sign Bosh first.

The Rockets would need to complete their trade of Omer Asik, along with another deal involving Jeremy Lin.

Bosh is waiting on LeBron James to make a decision before moving forward, but will sign with the Rockets should James leave the Heat.

.RealGM

Which way does the domino fall....

DocHoliday99 07-09-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammo (Post 909255)
Really? Rapes, murders, drunk driving accidents, racism, etc all became water under the bridge for athletes by playing and winning. This couldn't happen for LeBron because he was ever-present in the situation that people grew to hate him for.

I do think he would have fewer haters. It wasn't just the decision it was the sneaking around to contrive a team of all-stars for a shortcut. Somehow people are more accepting if the team is built the usual way. Also, that's quite a few rejected blue-collar types that watched him uproot and go to soft, "better than you" Miami.

Fair enough.

I only meant no matter what he does, he'll be vilified :dead:

omar36 07-09-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 (Post 909260)
.RealGM

Which way does the domino fall....

Lebron going to make his decision official by tmrw

moremilk 07-09-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 909250)
If you want to get some idea of why owners are unnecessary and only exist as a result of their own rigged systems, this isn't a bad place to start.


that's a very bizarre statement - the owners OWN the teams, it's their money that pay the salaries and their marketing efforts that drive the league. Nobody is stopping you or me or anybody else from starting their own league. Heck, there are countless leagues around the world - why isn't basketball as rich in europe? Bigger market and 30 years ago there was probably just as much interest in the basketball there as in NA.

you can apply your own logic to any business - after all, it's the employees that do all the work, not the owners right? Of course, they did try the version without owners in Russia, China and many other places, and we all know the result.

And btw, having the players "own" the league would just replace one set owners with another. What makes you think the players, who can't even organize their own PA, could manage the league better?

Finally, nothing is stopping players from purchasing teams when they become available, like MJ did. Although you'd be hard pressed to find anybody who is impressed with the job he did in Charlotte.

Leafhater 07-09-2014 11:26 PM

Has anyone heard whether Bosh has received permission from Lebron to sign his Houston deal?

ClutchCity 07-09-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafhater (Post 909374)
Has anyone heard whether Bosh has received permission from Lebron to sign his Houston deal?

:roflmao: good one


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24