Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Bynum worth $80 million? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/bynum-worth-80-million-3179.html)

Dr. J. Naismith 09-10-2008 11:49 AM

Bynum worth $80 million?
 
Hmmm ... what are your thoughts guys? Is he worth that type of money? :confused2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by OC Register
Bynumís agent, David Lee, is seeking a five-year deal that could be worth up to $80 million extension. Not bad pocket change.

If the Lakers and Bynum camp canít agree to terms before the start of the season that begins in October, the young center would become a restricted free agent next summer. That doesnít bide well for the Lakers, who have invested the time in Bynum. The next logical step is the money.

Source - Click here

Kirby 09-10-2008 12:08 PM

David Lee as in the player? o_O

Gurk 09-10-2008 12:22 PM

No he is a agent for some NBA players

Ball Don't Lie 09-10-2008 01:52 PM

21 or 22 yrs old, going into 4th year, center, avgd double double last year, in todays NBA that IS 80 mil. Hes only gonna get better too if he stays healthy so its a good deal but theres always risk involved with that knee.

Claudius 09-10-2008 02:19 PM

He doesn't deserve that contract right now. He does some really good things and hell I like him alot as a player. But I see him more in the 10-12 mill/yr with like a 3 yr. contract. That way he still gets paid, can leave when he's in his prime and hopefully, if he fully develops, cash in when he's like 25 and teams just go nuts for him. But 80 million right now, wouldn't do it.

INSIDER 09-10-2008 02:28 PM

nope.
he played 40 games last season and posted 10/10.
if i was the lakers GM, i'd have to see him put up that same production for a longer period of time... especially now that his health is an issue.

Kirby 09-10-2008 06:42 PM

They lost Turiaf..They need Bynum back. But not for 80M.

Gurk 09-10-2008 08:11 PM

But he does have one more season under his contract right?

sizedog 09-10-2008 08:33 PM

he is worth it. Has the chance to become a star

Raptorman 09-11-2008 08:46 AM

He's got nerve talking about this before he logs some injury free court time.

zhan 09-11-2008 09:53 PM

LAL may use Gasol as a power forwad when Bynum on the court. Is a very good option, it is a money not only Bynum, it is a money for GASOL-PF too, i think..

Gurk 09-11-2008 10:06 PM

Just imagine that line-up:
C-Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Odom
SG-Bryant
PG-Fisher

Scott Carefoot 09-12-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sizedog (Post 54995)
he is worth it. Has the chance to become a star

Agreed. If he's healthy, he will be a top-five center in the NBA.

INSIDER 09-12-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Carefoot (Post 55340)
Agreed. If he's healthy, he will be a top-five center in the NBA.

i'm still on the fence with this cat.
35 games last year - he put up 13/10.
big whoop!

what has he done before this?

everyone jumps on his bandwagon because he's a member of the lake show... he puts up 13/10 in 35 games and he's the next big thing.
gimme a break.

i'd like to see him do the same thing at the end of the season after banging for an entire 82 game schedule... not after less than 2 months of ball.

he had a really good 35 games and people are all on his jock. it is way too soon IMO.
lets see how he does next year by April..... if his knee can take it.

Scott Carefoot 09-12-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 55364)
i'm still on the fence with this cat.
35 games last year - he put up 13/10.
big whoop!

what has he done before this?

everyone jumps on his bandwagon because he's a member of the lake show... he puts up 13/10 in 35 games and he's the next big thing.
gimme a break.

i'd like to see him do the same thing at the end of the season after banging for an entire 82 game schedule... not after less than 2 months of ball.

he had a really good 35 games and people are all on his jock. it is way too soon IMO.
lets see how he does next year by April..... if his knee can take it.

You're making the mistake of looking at his per game stats instead of his per 36 minute stats. He will be playing 36 minutes per game now that he's proven himself worthy. Just look at his game log for his games from mid-December onward when he started playing 30-plus minutes. His per-36 averages for last season were 16.4 points, 12.7 rebounds, 2.6 blocks and 2.2 assists. And he made an incredible 63 percent of his shots. Those are Dwight Howard numbers, except for the scoring production which I predict will increase.

He has improved drastically each season in the NBA and he'll only be 21 years old going into next season. Barring more injuries, Bynum is most certainly worth $80 mill.

INSIDER 09-12-2008 01:33 PM

how healthy is that knee though?
thats the question.

first reports said he'd be back before playoffs...
now he's still rehabbing.

i'll admit that i'm intrigued with the kid and during last season's fantasy pool, i was trying to get my hands on him badly in December...
but i still wnat to see him after a few months when the hype wears down.
i can see him putting up 12/10 a game (if healthy), but on that same page you've got a guy like Beidrins doing that same thing in Golden state (10/10) and you dont hear a peep about him.
i still think its mostly hype with Bynum.. i wont be sold until i see him putting up those numbers for more than a quarter of a season.

with that being said, i do like the kid and hope to eat crow in 2009.... but i'm still skeptical.

Scott Carefoot 09-12-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 55376)
i can see him putting up 12/10 a game (if healthy), but on that same page you've got a guy like Beidrins doing that same thing in Golden state (10/10) and you dont hear a peep about him.
i still think its mostly hype with Bynum.. i wont be sold until i see him putting up those numbers for more than a quarter of a season.

Biedrins' per 36 minute averages from last season were 13.8 points, 12.9 rebounds, 1.6 blocks and 1.3 assists. Bynum is a far superior scorer, shot-blocker and playmaker, and Bynum is a year-and-a-half younger. Biedrins just signed a contract that will earn him over $60 million with incentives. Giving Bynum $80 million for his comparative skillset is completely justified.

Here's the question: If Bynum's contract was up right now and another team offered him $80 million, would you match the offer? I would, without hesitation.

Superjudge 09-12-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 55364)
i'm still on the fence with this cat.
35 games last year - he put up 13/10.
big whoop!

what has he done before this?

everyone jumps on his bandwagon because he's a member of the lake show... he puts up 13/10 in 35 games and he's the next big thing.
gimme a break.

i'd like to see him do the same thing at the end of the season after banging for an entire 82 game schedule... not after less than 2 months of ball.

he had a really good 35 games and people are all on his jock. it is way too soon IMO.
lets see how he does next year by April..... if his knee can take it.


You ever watch the kid play?

I mean really, do you think you can evaluate a guy on his fucking stats, leave it there, and move on?

People are on his jock because he's fucking good. aND HE'S A kid, and he has a lot of years in front of him. I feel terrible for him because of that injury, I hope he bounces back large

Lord.

Gurk 09-12-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Carefoot (Post 55379)
Biedrins' per 36 minute averages from last season were 13.8 points, 12.9 rebounds, 1.6 blocks and 1.3 assists. Bynum is a far superior scorer, shot-blocker and playmaker, and Bynum is a year-and-a-half younger. Biedrins just signed a contract that will earn him over $60 million with incentives. Giving Bynum $80 million for his comparative skillset is completely justified.

Here's the question: If Bynum's contract was up right now and another team offered him $80 million, would you match the offer? I would, without hesitation.

Same here that is a no brainer.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24