bosh as the x-factor? and always considered in a package with wade? - Page 8

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > NBA Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #141 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,724
Representing:
Default

I wouldn't call Bosh an X-factor. His offensive game is solid, but I never see the Heat winning or losing down the stretch of games because they were not able or were able to establish Chris Bosh offensively.

Defensively he's solid. His biggest contribution to the Heat is his positional defense. As a big man he guards the entire floor, and provides great help on ball screens. However, he doesn't provide the big plays that will spark or change momentum a game. He is consistently solid possession after possession which has a deeper impact on the game but rarely provides the highlight block or the relentless denial in the paint.

As for an "x-factor" in this series, I would select Udonis Haslem.

Last edited by bjjs; 05-20-2011 at 10:51 PM.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:49 AM   #142 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

They finally showed the stat tonight that I was looking for....

The Heat are 39-5 this season now when the big 3 score 70+ points.

THAT is why I was going on about CB4 being an "X-factor".
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:14 AM   #143 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,561
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
They finally showed the stat tonight that I was looking for....

The Heat are 39-5 this season now when the big 3 score 70+ points.

THAT is why I was going on about CB4 being an "X-factor".
you were going on about CB4 being an X factor???
really? i find that hard to believe. show me proof!
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:15 AM   #144 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 563
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
They finally showed the stat tonight that I was looking for....

The Heat are 39-5 this season now when the big 3 score 70+ points.

THAT is why I was going on about CB4 being an "X-factor".
give it a rest, this argument has been beaten to death....
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:51 AM   #145 (permalink)
streets ahead.

Senior Member
 
SomeDPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,780
Representing:
Default

The stat of the big three scoring 70+ points does not support any argument of Bosh being an X-factor without strengthening the argument for Wade and LeBron being factor X.
SomeDPlease is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:43 AM   #146 (permalink)
Jonas needs minutes

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,702
Representing:
Default

miami is much better team when they include Bosh in the offense

its when lebron and wade tend to focus on geting there shots off and not sharing the ball with bosh, obviously there still good playing like this but to win a championship you have to play balanced ball

obviously wade and lebron are on a different level but Bosh offers something that both dont, geting points on the floor at different spots which throws the defence off and allows the heat top play much easier offence, also geting the shotblocking bigs in foul trouble allowing even more room for wade and lebron to score

even the Raptors would go away from Bosh during games, it would frustrate all of us, most bigs need to involved, there pgs are point forwards have to look for them and help them get there game off, just look at boozer, rose doesn't know how to get his game off, he doesn't know how to run a pick and roll, maybe he should study jose calderon
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:45 AM   #147 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDPlease View Post
The stat of the big three scoring 70+ points does not support any argument of Bosh being an X-factor without strengthening the argument for Wade and LeBron being factor X.
*shrug* If you say so.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #148 (permalink)
streets ahead.

Senior Member
 
SomeDPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,780
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
*shrug* If you say so.
I'm glad we're on the same page, it's hard to refute what I said.
SomeDPlease is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #149 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDPlease View Post
I'm glad we're on the same page, it's hard to refute what I said.
Lol... I didn't post to start another 2378452978452 pg argument. I did it to show you what my thought process was.

If you don't agree with me that's fine.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #150 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
miami is much better team when they include Bosh in the offense

its when lebron and wade tend to focus on geting there shots off and not sharing the ball with bosh, obviously there still good playing like this but to win a championship you have to play balanced ball

obviously wade and lebron are on a different level but Bosh offers something that both dont, geting points on the floor at different spots which throws the defence off and allows the heat top play much easier offence, also geting the shotblocking bigs in foul trouble allowing even more room for wade and lebron to score

even the Raptors would go away from Bosh during games, it would frustrate all of us, most bigs need to involved, there pgs are point forwards have to look for them and help them get there game off, just look at boozer, rose doesn't know how to get his game off, he doesn't know how to run a pick and roll, maybe he should study jose calderon
I agree 100%. Well said.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #151 (permalink)
streets ahead.

Senior Member
 
SomeDPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,780
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Lol... I didn't post to start another 2378452978452 pg argument. I did it to show you what my thought process was.

If you don't agree with me that's fine.
Fair enough, I was just questioning how one can go from A to B when there's a glaring problem with the logic involved, pay me no mind.
SomeDPlease is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #152 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDPlease View Post
Fair enough, I was just questioning how one can go from A to B when there's a glaring problem with the logic involved, pay me no mind.
Only glaring in your mind.... which is fine.

We've been through this before. Lebron and Wade will almost always take the lion's share of the shots and dictate the offense.

As players they're > Bosh.

Yet, when the Heat's 3 stars score 70+ pts they EXTREMELY tough to beat.

Therefore one could stand to reason that Bosh's performance/involvement COULD be considered the determining factor in how well the Heat do against a very tough CHI team.

Doesn't sound that complicated to me.

Paying you mind though as requested.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #153 (permalink)
streets ahead.

Senior Member
 
SomeDPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,780
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Only glaring in your mind.... which is fine.

We've been through this before. Lebron and Wade will almost always take the lion's share of the shots and dictate the offense.

As players they're > Bosh.

Yet, when the Heat's 3 stars score 70+ pts they EXTREMELY tough to beat.

Therefore one could stand to reason that Bosh's performance/involvement COULD be considered the determining factor in how well the Heat do against a very tough CHI team.

Doesn't sound that complicated to me.

Paying you mind though as requested.
Just like LeBron and Wade's performance (using with the 70+ stat for reasoning) COULD be considered the determining factor by that logic. Thanks for agreeing with my original point, was that so hard?
SomeDPlease is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #154 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDPlease View Post
Just like LeBron and Wade's performance (using with the 70+ stat for reasoning) COULD be considered the determining factor by that logic. Thanks for agreeing with my original point, was that so hard?
Not really.... given that both of those guys are pretty much universally regarded as "unguardable" and "2 of the top 5 players in the league".

Their stats over the season support that assertion along with their selection to the All-NBA 1st and 2nd teams respectively.

I really don't think that anyone thought that either of those players could/would be shut down for a game much less a series.

Can the same be said for Bosh? I'm a huge fan of his, but even I would have to acknowledge that he hasn't has the playoff experience that the other two have.... and although a good player, he certainly isn't regarded as the "unstoppable force" that Bron & Wade are.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #155 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Not really.... given that both of those guys are pretty much universally regarded as "unguardable" and "2 of the top 5 players in the league".

Their stats over the season support that assertion along with their selection to the All-NBA 1st and 2nd teams respectively.

I really don't think that anyone thought that either of those players could/would be shut down for a game much less a series.

Can the same be said for Bosh? I'm a huge fan of his, but even I would have to acknowledge that he hasn't has the playoff experience that the other two have.... and although a good player, he certainly isn't regarded as the "unstoppable force" that Bron & Wade are.
Wow all you do is talk about Bosh. The guy left... get over it.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #156 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Wow all you do is talk about Bosh. The guy left... get over it.
All you did was talk about the guy in your avi.... and he wasn't even a Raptor.

Imagine if the Heat had Ed Davis on their team? I mean if Bosh can drop 34 on the Bulls then he could have probably gone for what? 50? 60? lol...
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:41 AM   #157 (permalink)
streets ahead.

Senior Member
 
SomeDPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,780
Representing:
Default

But as we've seen, LeBron and Wade are capable of being "shut-down" or at least slowed down offensively in games from this series and past series.

The bottom line is this: The Heat are 39-5 this season now when the big 3 score 70+ points. There is nothing more to it. You're assuming that all three have a constant point production with the chance of disappointing play, with the highest chance being for Bosh. However, there have been games when one (or two) of the three have a less than memorable night, and the other two (or one) pick up the slack offensively (ex. Gms 1 and 3 of this series, and Gm 1 against BOS). The truth is that all three players are capable of scoring 30+ points on any given night (as are all three equally likely to falter), so if one was to wilt the load can be carried over. Therefore if Bosh was to get shut down, a win is still possible. You can change Bosh's name with Wade or LeBron there and the point still stands.

The only series one can even consider Bosh an X factor in is a possible Heat vs Mavs finals. His defense on the focal point of the Mavs offense (Dirk) will have the largest influence on the outcome.
SomeDPlease is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #158 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,723
Representing:
Default

There have been two things in play in the past when it came to the Heat not succeeding - Bosh struggled to figure out his role, and Lebron and Wade had trouble figuring out how to best compliment each other. Once Bosh's role was ironed out, the team won a lot, until he had that stretch where he played very weak and the Heat coincidentally had a huge losing streak.

At this point Lebron and Wade have their roles down pat a little more, in that they don't just take turns on isos. And Haslem and Bibby allow for an overall balance, so it's not on Bosh nearly as much. But I still think that if he has the wrong mindset, like he did in the one game in Boston, then it makes it easier for the rest of the team to fall back into old habits.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #159 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDPlease View Post
But as we've seen, LeBron and Wade are capable of being "shut-down" or at least slowed down offensively in games from this series and past series.

The bottom line is this: The Heat are 39-5 this season now when the big 3 score 70+ points. There is nothing more to it. You're assuming that all three have a constant point production with the chance of disappointing play, with the highest chance being for Bosh. However, there have been games when one (or two) of the three have a less than memorable night, and the other two (or one) pick up the slack offensively (ex. Gms 1 and 3 of this series, and Gm 1 against BOS). The truth is that all three players are capable of scoring 30+ points on any given night (as are all three equally likely to falter), so if one was to wilt the load can be carried over. Therefore if Bosh was to get shut down, a win is still possible. You can change Bosh's name with Wade or LeBron there and the point still stands.

The only series one can even consider Bosh an X factor in is a possible Heat vs Mavs finals. His defense on the focal point of the Mavs offense (Dirk) will have the largest influence on the outcome.
Sounds like you're assuming that Bosh is just as good as Wade and Lebron... or that he has just as many opportunities to score... when I don't think that that's the case.

Just take a look at the games during the regular season.

Lebron led the Heat in scoring 31 times.

Wade led them in scoring 27 times.

Bosh led them in scoring 5 times.

Bosh is also the guy with the least playoff experience coming in and the guy who's been trying to shake the "soft" tag for his whole career.

Lebron and Wade have been to the finals. They've proven themselves in the big moments.

Bosh hasn't. This is why before the playoffs started MANY analysts said that HE was going to be the determining factor in how good the Heat were really going to be.

I will say this though... as the playoffs have gone on he's looked every bit as strong as Wade and Lebron. He's elevated his game.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #160 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 563
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Sounds like you're assuming that Bosh is just as good as Wade and Lebron... or that he has just as many opportunities to score... when I don't think that that's the case.

Just take a look at the games during the regular season.

Lebron led the Heat in scoring 31 times.

Wade led them in scoring 27 times.

Bosh led them in scoring 5 times.

Bosh is also the guy with the least playoff experience coming in and the guy who's been trying to shake the "soft" tag for his whole career.

Lebron and Wade have been to the finals. They've proven themselves in the big moments.

Bosh hasn't. This is why before the playoffs started MANY analysts said that HE was going to be the determining factor in how good the Heat were really going to be.

I will say this though... as the playoffs have gone on he's looked every bit as strong as Wade and Lebron. He's elevated his game.
take this sentence out and the post would have been acceptable...
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24