bosh as the x-factor? and always considered in a package with wade? - Page 6

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > NBA Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #101 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,493
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Huh? How would having Varejao improve MIA when they already have Anthony?

I think that some of you are forgetting that MIA's offense works at it's best BECAUSE a guy like Bosh spreads the floor for Bron and Wade.

Sideshow Bob wouldn't have a hope in hell of doing that.
Get real. Wade and James and even mikey spread the floor themselves. Bosh does NOT sit low in the key and demand the ball. He sits outside. nothing works with Bosh like Howard and you are grasping at straws.

Bosh just scores. That's all he really does. He's not a better rebounder than those two (Varalao and Garnett), and not a better defender than those two (they were All NBA D), and not a better leader either. I'm not sure oif Bosh is even a noticably better passer.

Miami has scoring. They don't need more ... and if the do it can come from the bench. Bosh is redundant. By scoring 5-8 more points than V or G (mostly against inferior competition), but not having the other qualities. Signing Bosh was a mistake for Miami and they will eventually see it.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #102 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
Get real. Wade and James and even mikey spread the floor themselves. Bosh does NOT sit low in the key and demand the ball. He sits outside. nothing works with Bosh like Howard and you are grasping at straws.

Bosh just scores. That's all he really does. He's not a better rebounder than those two (Varalao and Garnett), and not a better defender than those two (they were All NBA D), and not a better leader either. I'm not sure oif Bosh is even a noticably better passer.

Miami has scoring. They don't need more ... and if the do it can come from the bench. Bosh is redundant. By scoring 5-8 more points than V or G (mostly against inferior competition), but not having the other qualities. Signing Bosh was a mistake for Miami and they will eventually see it.
I actually think that signing Lebron was a mistake. Bosh and wade could really do some damge on the offense. The money they spent on Lebron could have gotten them a real nice centre. Probally the best centre in the league.
Both wade and Lebron are slashering shooters. Thats the redundant role.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #103 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

how is Bosh still such a hot topic on a Raptors forum?

fuck..........
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #104 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
how is Bosh still such a hot topic on a Raptors forum?

fuck..........
I've been asking this for months. But I guess he always will be, just like VC still comes up every once in awhile.

We need stuff to debate about
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #105 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
Get real. Wade and James and even mikey spread the floor themselves. Bosh does NOT sit low in the key and demand the ball. He sits outside. nothing works with Bosh like Howard and you are grasping at straws.

Bosh just scores. That's all he really does. He's not a better rebounder than those two (Varalao and Garnett), and not a better defender than those two (they were All NBA D), and not a better leader either. I'm not sure oif Bosh is even a noticably better passer.

Miami has scoring. They don't need more ... and if the do it can come from the bench. Bosh is redundant. By scoring 5-8 more points than V or G (mostly against inferior competition), but not having the other qualities. Signing Bosh was a mistake for Miami and they will eventually see it.
Lol... Bosh is a threat to score from the outside and opposing bigs can't leave him to roam/guard the rim/clog the lane... THAT's why he's so valuable to the Heat.... because he opens up the lane for Wade and Bron to drive.

No, Bosh isn't better than KG... but the idea that Varejao is is laughable. That's just pure hate talking.

All-in-all thought I'd say that Miami is probably pretty happy with the decisions that they made to construct the team.... they won 57 games and they're in the EC finals. Not half bad for a team that's only played together one season.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #106 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Lol... Bosh is a threat to score from the outside and opposing bigs can't leave him to roam/guard the rim/clog the lane... THAT's why he's so valuable to the Heat.... because he opens up the lane for Wade and Bron to drive.

No, Bosh isn't better than KG... but the idea that Varejao is is laughable. That's just pure hate talking.

All-in-all thought I'd say that Miami is probably pretty happy with the decisions that they made to construct the team.... they won 57 games and they're in the EC finals. Not half bad for a team that's only played together one season.
have to agree that Andy is not as good as bosh....
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #107 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 562
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
I actually think that signing Lebron was a mistake. Bosh and wade could really do some damge on the offense. The money they spent on Lebron could have gotten them a real nice centre. Probally the best centre in the league.
Both wade and Lebron are slashering shooters. Thats the redundant role.
never thought i would hear such a phrase in my lifetime, but i guess anythings possible.....u cant be serious that signing the best player in the league was a mistake

keeping Bosh over lebron better for heat? really? i know some of the ppl hear give us Bosh haters a hard time about being obsessed or whatever....but this right here is just the opposite end of the spectrum...too much love for one man can result in insane statements such as that
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #108 (permalink)
mooing

Senior Member
 
babyface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,102
Representing:
Default

Bosh scores 10 points.. Miami wins
babyface is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #109 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,763
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyface View Post
Bosh scores 10 points.. Miami wins
yep - he played his proper role - as the x-factor perhaps?

Actually Haslem made things that much easier. But Bosh played some very good defense, changing a ton of shots inside, and did a nice job of keeping the offense moving for the most part.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #110 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 562
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyface View Post
Bosh scores 10 points.. Miami wins
lol looks like 0-2 in this series for Bosh being an x factor....i think hes got to learn how to hit open shots and avoid getting stripped first....
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #111 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,763
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme123 View Post
lol looks like 0-2 in this series for Bosh being an x factor....i think hes got to learn how to hit open shots and avoid getting stripped first....
genius - pure genius

let's call him the CB-factor. Whatever it was - it worked, and very well, as part of a team effort. Anybody that plays a big part in holding the top seeded team to 75 points on their home court in the playoffs, can hold their head up high, even with 2 turnovers.

Last edited by LX; 05-18-2011 at 11:21 PM.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #112 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 562
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
genius - pure genius

let's call him the CB-factor. Whatever it was - it worked, and very well, as part of a team effort. Anybody that plays a big part in holding the top seeded team to 75 points on their home court in the playoffs, can hold their head up high, even with 2 turnovers.
haslem played better than bosh
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #113 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,517
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme123 View Post
haslem played better than bosh
Yes he did.

And?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #114 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,763
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme123 View Post
haslem played better than bosh
Based on what? He was key, but once he got gassed he hurt the Heat and let the Chicago bench tie the game up. Take off your blinders. You're getting into Vito territory now. I guess maybe the announcers didn't say Bosh's name enough for you? That would be a good thing to base your analysis on. Hit us with that one again.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #115 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,763
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Yes he did.

And?
Oh good encourage him. Haslem played better than Bosh for 10 minutes. Do we not watch the entire game anymore?
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #116 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,517
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Oh good encourage him. Haslem played better than Bosh for 10 minutes. Do we not watch the entire game anymore?
In my defense i missed most of the game. What i did see, he certainly outplayed Bosh.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #117 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 562
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Based on what? He was key, but once he got gassed he hurt the Heat and let the Chicago bench tie the game up. Take off your blinders. You're getting into Vito territory now. I guess maybe the announcers didn't say Bosh's name enough for you? That would be a good thing to base your analysis on. Hit us with that one again.
everything, his stats, his energy, his aggressiveness on the boards, his hard nosed defense, he played with his heart even tho his conditioning isnt up to par yet. Bosh didnt play with the same intensity and..... oh ya, and Bosh played twice the minutes, got less points as well....anything else

i just dont see whats so crazy about the claim?!?! i only said this game ffs.... maybe its you who defends ur man a little too much?
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #118 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,517
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme123 View Post
everything, his stats, his energy, his aggressiveness on the boards, his hard nosed defense, he played with his heart even tho his conditioning isnt up to par yet. Bosh didnt play with the same intensity and..... oh ya, and Bosh played twice the minutes, got less points as well....anything else

i just dont see whats so crazy about the claim?!?! i only said this game ffs.... maybe its you who defends ur man a little too much?

If Bosh outplays Haslem next game will you be so eager to point it out? I highly doubt it.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #119 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 562
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
If Bosh outplays Haslem next game will you be so eager to point it out? I highly doubt it.
no why wud i? hes expected to with the large amount of moola he makes....... after all hes apart of the "big three" right?

your "stars" are sopposed to play well under scrutiny and the presh during the playoffs, not dissapear and reappear like an inconsistent role player would...
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #120 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,517
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme123 View Post
no why wud i? hes expected to with the large amount of moola he makes....... after all hes apart of the "big three" right?
So because of that you can't admit that he plays well? I suppose you didn't praise Dirk last night, or Derrick Rose in the Playoffs or Wade when he goes off? I mean shit, they're expected to do what they're doing. Good to know you won't praise any stars for playing well, i mean with all that moula they make and all.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24