bosh as the x-factor? and always considered in a package with wade? - Page 4

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > NBA Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #61 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,715
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
So are you saying "no" to the question of signing him? As for having 1 good season, that's debatable. He had averaged 19 ppg in the season before the one I mentioned, and was regarded as a solid defender; he had good length for a guard.

Related to that point, the Cavs had a limited amount of time to use cap space because once Lebron signed his extension it would all be eaten up. It's pretty tough to turn down a two-way player who put up those stats and was recognized by the league's coaches as a defensive stopper.
I can't give hard no. I recognize that Ferry had limitations. But in the end it didn't work. I'm big on roles - moreso than numbers. I never saw Hughes prove to be capable of filling a bigger role as the Cavs were expecting of him. All the same it wasn't exactly a stupid risk. It might have worked out. But the results are hard to ignore, and the results say that the risk wasn't all that smart. There are a ton of examples like that hen it comes to playing the free agent market. That's why I don't understand the terrible angst among Raps fans concerning Toronto being disliked as a FA destination. Free agents will tend to work out better when they go to those favorable (winning) locations and find themselves not having to fill roles that are too big.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #62 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Are you really sure that you want to compare a ROOKIE who's just learning the game (who's primarily a defender) to a 6-time all-star who put up 20 & 10 for almost 4 straight years?

Really?
Dude just change your name to RuPaul4ever
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #63 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,000
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Dude just change your name to RuPaul4ever
You of all people don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to calling someone a fanboy.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #64 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
You of all people don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to calling someone a fanboy.
How so? You and t.o rap are the biggest Bosh fanboys I've seen in my life. I am certainly not a fanboy of any player, I just support players on our team.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #65 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,000
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
How so? You and t.o rap are the biggest Bosh fanboys I've seen in my life. I am certainly not a fanboy of any player, I just support players on our team.
Haaaaaahhhh, that's funny. I'm not even that big a fan of Bosh. And I'm rooting for Miami to lose. But the stupid blind hatred here when it comes to Bosh is ridiculous. This discussion (comparing him with a rookie) is a perfect example. And I'm a huge Davis fan.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #66 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
How so? You and t.o rap are the biggest Bosh fanboys I've seen in my life. I am certainly not a fanboy of any player, I just support players on our team.
LOL.... let's see what you've tried to peddle on this forum in the past week.

1) We can trade Bargs for Tyreke Evans.

2) Ed Davis RIGHT NOW is a better player than Chris Bosh.

I really don't think that I have to say anything more than that.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #67 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
LOL.... let's see what you've tried to peddle on this forum in the past week.

1) We can trade Bargs for Tyreke Evans.

2) Ed Davis RIGHT NOW is a better player than Chris Bosh.

I really don't think that I have to say anything more than that.
You do realize that trade suggestion was a joke, right? If you couldn't figure out it was a joke then you are the delusional one.

Davis right now is a better player than Bosh. What does Bosh do that is so good? He is a joke.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #68 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,000
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
LOL.... let's see what you've tried to peddle on this forum in the past week.

1) We can trade Bargs for Tyreke Evans.

2) Ed Davis RIGHT NOW is a better player than Chris Bosh.

I really don't think that I have to say anything more than that.
Oh, and Bayless is wayyyyy better then Flynn....mostly based on the last month of the season.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #69 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,000
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
You do realize that trade suggestion was a joke, right? If you couldn't figure out it was a joke then you are the delusional one.

Davis right now is a better player than Bosh. What does Bosh do that is so good? He is a joke.
Aren't you also a Bargnani fan?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #70 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Oh, and Bayless is wayyyyy better then Flynn....mostly based on the last month of the season.
Bayless is in fact way better than Flynn. You are always trying to get players here right after they play like complete shit. Example... Jeff Green, Jonny Flynn, etc etc. I am surprised you never want to get players who come off a decent season. If they play like shit you will want them here even more because they have sooooo much potential. Give me a break. smh
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #71 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Bayless came off a great season, Flynn came off a shit season.. yet you say Flynn is a better option here. Where is the logic in that? Bayless is the better player and the better option as of now, there is no room for arguments about it.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #72 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
You do realize that trade suggestion was a joke, right? If you couldn't figure out it was a joke then you are the delusional one.

Davis right now is a better player than Bosh. What does Bosh do that is so good? He is a joke.
A joke right? Suuuuuuuuurrrrrre it was.

I'm glad that we have near-frachise-level talent like Ed Davis on our team now so quickly after losing Bosh.

I'll be looking for 20/10/2blks from him now next season. Hope that's not too much to ask.

Last edited by TORaptor4Ever; 05-15-2011 at 08:46 PM.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #73 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,000
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Bayless is in fact way better than Flynn. You are always trying to get players here right after they play like complete shit. Example... Jeff Green, Jonny Flynn, etc etc. I am surprised you never want to get players who come off a decent season. If they play like shit you will want them here even more because they have sooooo much potential. Give me a break. smh
Because I have a memory and don't base my decisions on a month or two of play but more on the totality of what they've done so far in their career. Jeff Green has accomplished more in his career then pretty much anyone we currently have. I won't ignore that just because he went to a slow aging team he did fit with. As for Bayless, he was extremely inconsistent this season. Prior to the last month and especially when he was coming off the bench he was very frustrating to watch at times. I'm not saying Flynn is better, I'm saying they're both bench players. Neither are bonified starters right now and saying one is WAY better then the other is silly fanboyism.

Last edited by jeffb; 05-15-2011 at 08:47 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #74 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Because I have a memory and don't base my decisions on a month or two of play but more on the totality of what they've done so far in their career. Jeff Green has accomplished more in his career then pretty much anyone we currently have. I won't ignore that just because he went to a slow aging team he did fit with. As for Bayless, he was extremely inconsistent this season. Prior to the last month and especially when he was coming off the bench he was very frustrating to watch at times. I'm not saying Flynn is better, I'm saying they're both bench players. Neither are bonified starters right now and saying one is WAY better then the other is silly fanboyism.
Always about the past with you. Just because a player USED to be good doesn't mean they will be good after playing like shit. Look at Hedo Turkoglu, he was great so we traded for him. He played like shit in Toronto so does that mean other teams are jumping to get him just because he played good in Orlando? Fuck no, just look at what happened with the Suns. Rule #1 don't trade for players when they play like shit, it doesn't make sense no matter how you paint the picture.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #75 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
A joke right? Suuuuuuuuurrrrrre it was.

I'm glad that we have near-frachise-level talent like Ed Davis on our team now so quickly after losing Bosh.

I'll be looking for 20/10/2blks from him now next season. Hope that's not too much to ask.
Who is saying Davis will be the franchise player? With the upcoming draft and other players on this team, he won't have the chance. Bosh was forced into a franchise role and failed miserably for 7 straight years. Bosh is NOT franchise level talent, which is why he jumped the fuck outta Toronto to join a team with 2 other franchise players.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #76 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Who is saying Davis will be the franchise player? With the upcoming draft and other players on this team, he won't have the chance. Bosh was forced into a franchise role and failed miserably for 7 straight years. Bosh is NOT franchise level talent, which is why he jumped the fuck outta Toronto to join a team with 2 other franchise players.
That's why I said NEAR-franchise level player.

And I'll still be expecting no less than 20 & 10 from Ed next year since he's "better than Bosh".

I also expect him to make the all-star team btw... which should be easy.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #77 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,000
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Always about the past with you. Just because a player USED to be good doesn't mean they will be good after playing like shit. Look at Hedo Turkoglu, he was great so we traded for him. He played like shit in Toronto so does that mean other teams are jumping to get him just because he played good in Orlando? Fuck no, just look at what happened with the Suns. Rule #1 don't trade for players when they play like shit, it doesn't make sense no matter how you paint the picture.
You seriously look at Jeff Green @ 24yrs and what he did in OKC including this season and you think he all of a sudden sucks based on his small stint in Boston? If so, then there's simply no reasoning with you at all and you seriously have no clue about much.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #78 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
That's why I said NEAR-franchise level player.

And I'll still be expecting no less than 20 & 10 from Ed next year since he's "better than Bosh".

I also expect him to make the all-star team btw... which should be easy.
Yeah it should be easy considering Bosh made all-star teams without begging for votes on youtube. Oh wait...
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #79 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
You seriously look at Jeff Green @ 24yrs and what he did in OKC including this season and you think he all of a sudden sucks based on his small stint in Boston? If so, then there's simply no reasoning with you at all and you seriously have no clue about much.
Turkoglu had an amazing run in Orlando, and you think he sucks because of a small stint in Toronto and Phoenix? Fuck that, we need to bring back that all-star because he played great in Orlando.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #80 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Turkoglu had an amazing run in Orlando, and you think he sucks because of a small stint in Toronto and Phoenix? Fuck that, we need to bring back that all-star because he played great in Orlando.
You're not really serious right?
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24