Bosh vs Bayless
Old 09-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
pensive

feat. Otto Neurath
 
Ligeia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,053
Representing:
Default Bosh vs Bayless

Bosh Spice name fair? -..." target="_blank">Bosh vs Bayless Round 1: Bosh Spice name fair? -...


Look forward to more filler with the lockout coming....


To me, the most interesting part was how they talk about Toronto.
Ligeia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 4,458
Representing:
Default

Bosh was the only guy on the Heat, actually trying to beat the Mavericks in last year's Finals
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Bosh was the only guy on the Heat, actually trying to beat the Mavericks in last year's Finals
Not true.... Chalmers played with the most heart on that team in the finals.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,899
Representing:
Default

Ahhh, I thought Jerryd Bayless and Bosh were talkin smack about each other. lol
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 4,458
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Not true.... Chalmers played with the most heart on that team in the finals.
Ya, he shot the most airballs too.
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Ya, he shot the most airballs too.
Maybe, but he was the only guy not afraid to miss. Credit where credit is due.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,497
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Maybe, but he was the only guy not afraid to miss. Credit where credit is due.
then i guess you should give credit to Bosh for having a good finals.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
then i guess you should give credit to Bosh for having a good finals.
At what point haven't I?
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
barned

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,370
Representing:
Default

this video made me like Bosh more, however the comment about being not scrutinized when he was in Toronto may have a negative or positive effect on players thinking of coming here
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,534
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post

To me, the most interesting part was how they talk about Toronto.
yeah i thought that part was great. That Bayless guy seems to be a douche and Bosh is Bosh.

I know ESPN is not the NBA, but i felt like i was watching something out of WWE. USA! USA! USA!
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
n't

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,765
Representing:
Default

This would NEVER happen in the UK with any sport, especially not soccer! It's a men's club where they all kiss each other's butts!

bayless is an idiot!

i agree with toby, Bosh showed heart and performance against dallas.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
n't

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,765
Representing:
Default

jemele hill spoke very strongly, really agreed with her points. bayless' response "i can't stop what people do on twitter."

no, but can you answer her point!? you can avoid making ridiculous, unfair comments that will definitely spread and compound the unfairness.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
jemele hill spoke very strongly, really agreed with her points. bayless' response "i can't stop what people do on twitter."

no, but can you answer her point!? you can avoid making ridiculous, unfair comments that will definitely spread and compound the unfairness.
You don't think Bosh was being a little too sensitive about the name? Give me a break... people get made fun of all the time.

BTW, she was clearly there to defend him.... lol... which is funny in an ironic way.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
on the outside, looking in.

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,300
Representing:
Default

a loudmouth and an attention seeker. they're a perfect match.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
n't

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,765
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
You don't think Bosh was being a little too sensitive about the name? Give me a break... people get made fun of all the time.

BTW, she was clearly there to defend him.... lol... which is funny in an ironic way.
i didn't think Bosh was over-sensitive in the interview, no. did he say stuff at the time?

i'm not that bothered about people being made fun of really, but it bugs me a bit that a guy with not much talent (bayless) makes a deliberately withering attack on a guy that people will obviously run with.

some people like LBJ deserve to made fun of, i don't particularly think Bosh did. Bit of a contentious statement i spose.

i think my main problem was the source of the fun-making. The guy is a douche.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
i didn't think Bosh was over-sensitive in the interview, no. did he say stuff at the time?

i'm not that bothered about people being made fun of really, but it bugs me a bit that a guy with not much talent (bayless) makes a deliberately withering attack on a guy that people will obviously run with.

some people like LBJ deserve to made fun of, i don't particularly think Bosh did. Bit of a contentious statement i spose.

i think my main problem was the source of the fun-making. The guy is a douche.
He's definitely running with a shtick.... but there are many who would suggest Bosh does deserve to be made fun of, not necessarily for being feminine, but with how poorly he managed his departure and by backtracking on some of his bold claims. I think a lot of this would die down if he just ignored it, but I don't think any of the three Miami stars care to ignore it.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
LX
Less is more. More or less. But mostly less. Or should that be more?

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 26,550
Representing:
Default

Hill wasn't there specifically to offer support on camera. She had already written an article about the topic, and so was well-suited to be there. And her points were quite interesting. Personally, I feel that th internet and the need for constant chatter on ESPN and the like, dumbs down things. It is only sports coverage, but there is plenty of room to spur on bigger thoughts within sports coverage. It once happened quite constantly. Intelligent sportcasters and smart athletes were a big part of the mix in the past. Now it's so much about name-calling and making noise. It's too bad.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
n't

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,765
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
He's definitely running with a shtick.... but there are many who would suggest Bosh does deserve to be made fun of, not necessarily for being feminine, but with how poorly he managed his departure and by backtracking on some of his bold claims. I think a lot of this would die down if he just ignored it, but I don't think any of the three Miami stars care to ignore it.
bosh really screwed the raps and it made me see him very differently for sure. was hugely disappointing for me coz i started supporting the raps after visiting toronto a few years back and going to a game, i immediately took to bosh.

not sure i agree it would go away if he ignored it and i really feel like he doesn't court the attention in the same way his team-mates and other big stars do.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
n't

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,765
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Hill wasn't there specifically to offer support on camera. She had already written an article about the topic, and so was well-suited to be there. And her points were quite interesting. Personally, I feel that th internet and the need for constant chatter on ESPN and the like, dumbs down things. It is only sports coverage, but there is plenty of room to spur on bigger thoughts within sports coverage. It once happened quite constantly. Intelligent sportcasters and smart athletes were a big part of the mix in the past. Now it's so much about name-calling and making noise. It's too bad.
great post mate, agree big-time. and once again, i'll try and get you to all feel sorry for me by saying it's worse in my country with our sports!
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24