Bosh surprised about all star votes - Page 4
Old 01-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #61 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
About a dozen games? Kwame started 49 in 05/06 and Smush started all 82. What's a dozen to over 120 games between these two scrubs?
Kwame Brown actually became a serviceable player after a few years. He was an excellent post defender.

Are you really going to try to argue that the Raptors had good players around Bosh??? I mean REALLY??

I'll give you one season (when we won 47 games). ONE. The rest have been absolutely abysmal.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #62 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Kwame Brown actually became a serviceable player after a few years. He was an excellent post defender.

Are you really going to try to argue that the Raptors had good players around Bosh??? I mean REALLY??

I'll give you one season (when we won 47 games). ONE. The rest have been absolutely abysmal.
most of those players were there the next year too... lol....

I'll agree Bosh is a good player, but you're trying to defend him as a top 10... it's impossible. And don't start with AB, they are on much different pay scales and AB doesn't make himself look foolish with unfunny youtube skits... yeah that was a last minute dig I couldn't resist. lol.

Bosh just isn't as good as you think, but he isn't as bad as some are saying either. I'd take Aldridge over him though.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #63 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
most of those players were there the next year too... lol....

I'll agree Bosh is a good player, but you're trying to defend him as a top 10... it's impossible. And don't start with AB, they are on much different pay scales and AB doesn't make himself look foolish with unfunny youtube skits... yeah that was a last minute dig I couldn't resist. lol.

Bosh just isn't as good as you think, but he isn't as bad as some are saying either. I'd take Aldridge over him though.
Really? When did I ever say that?

Top 15-20 yes. Top 10, no.

I don't give a rat's ass what Bosh posts on youtube. I cared about what he did on the court. He produced... so I was happy.

And you're welcome to take LA over Bosh... too bad that all 30 NBA GMs would disagree with you.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #64 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Really? When did I ever say that?

Top 15-20 yes. Top 10, no.

I don't give a rat's ass what Bosh posts on youtube. I cared about what he did on the court. He produced... so I was happy.

And you're welcome to take LA over Bosh... too bad that all 30 NBA GMs would disagree with you.
Fair enough... I'd say top 25 for sure, but hesitate at better than that. So we agree.

I'm not sure 30 GM's would take Bosh over LA..... it's not that cut and dry. LA is younger, more physical and plays bigger. He's definitely making it a debate. I'd take LA and I'm confident that alot of GMs would agree.

Last year, for the record, I wouldn't have taken LA over Bosh... watching this year, LA has been very impressive.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #65 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Fair enough... I'd say top 25 for sure, but hesitate at better than that. So we agree.

I'm not sure 30 GM's would take Bosh over LA..... it's not that cut and dry. LA is younger, more physical and plays bigger. He's definitely making it a debate. I'd take LA and I'm confident that alot of GMs would agree.

Last year, for the record, I wouldn't have taken LA over Bosh... watching this year, LA has been very impressive.
Bosh has been an all-star for 5 straight years.

We're not even halfway through this season and you'd take LA over him based on 30-something games?

That's like saying you preferred Darren Collison over Chris Paul when DC was on the Hornets.

Crazy talk.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #66 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Bosh has been an all-star for 5 straight years.

We're not even halfway through this season and you'd take LA over him based on 30-something games?

That's like saying you preferred Darren Collison over Chris Paul when DC was on the Hornets.

Crazy talk.
It's not at all like that. LA has been playing for several seasons.... last year I didn't think he was capable of being as good as he has been this year....

Collison was a rookie. You're absolutely wrong on this post.

If we were to take into account salary and age, I absolutely take LA over Bosh.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #67 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,512
Representing:
Default

this wont come as a surprise to you, since i am not on the Bosh bandwagon; but realistically, i think most GM's would choose LA over CB.
skillwise, Bosh may have him beat, but if you throw in all of the factors - LA wins by a long shot.
he's younger, bigger, gets paid like 40 million less, and has won more games than CB over his career (including playoff exp).
that being said, LA is closing the gap on overall skill as well... he's been awesome this season.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #68 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 10,210
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
gets paid like 40 million less
that much ?...really?...didn't know that
for that reason alone then....LA owns Bosh
Shadowfax is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #69 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Are we comparing skill level or are we comparing salary?

Kobe makes $25M... Lebron makes $15M.... so safe to say that Lebron > Kobe all day everyday then?

Is that pretty much how it goes?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #70 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Are we comparing skill level or are we comparing salary?

Kobe makes $25M... Lebron makes $15M.... so safe to say that Lebron > Kobe all day everyday then?

Is that pretty much how it goes?
I think we're comparing everything... and anything. Skill, Age, Potential, Salary....

Based on age, skill and potential.... I still take LA. Add in salary, I still take LA. If it was one guy for this year alone, maybe I take Bosh. But not necessarily.

In terms of Kobe and Lebron, we all know and realize I hope that Kobe will have accomplished more when all is said and done... but nobody would take Kobe going forward if it meant everything was as is. I'm not sure why you're trivializing the argument to make your point....

Last edited by carp; 01-14-2011 at 04:18 PM.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #71 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I think we're comparing everything... and anything. Skill, Age, Potential, Salary....

Based on age, skill and potential.... I still take LA. Add in salary, I still take LA. If it was one guy for this year alone, maybe I take Bosh. But not necessarily.
Bosh is 26 or 27... not 34. I fail to see where age even enters into the equation TBH.

As for skill... again... you're basing LA's production off of half a season compared to Bosh's 5-6 seasons.

Bosh is/was a more efficient scorer... a better rebounder... and got to the FT line about twice as much.

No brainer for me... unless Aldridge is going to suddenly become a 24 + 12 guy (which I doubt). If that happens I'll be happy to revisit the debate.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #72 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,658
Representing:
Default

i'd take aldridge for the simple fact that he's a pro ball player and not a pop diva.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #73 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Bosh is 26 or 27... not 34. I fail to see where age even enters into the equation TBH.

As for skill... again... you're basing LA's production off of half a season compared to Bosh's 5-6 seasons.

Bosh is/was a more efficient scorer... a better rebounder... and got to the FT line about twice as much.

No brainer for me... unless Aldridge is going to suddenly become a 24 + 12 guy (which I doubt). If that happens I'll be happy to revisit the debate.
That is at least a better argument than talking about Lebron versus Kobe.

I disagree, but understand your choice.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #74 (permalink)
Psi
Only likes Hockey with 'Fantasy' infront of it

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,864
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Bosh has been an all-star for 5 straight years.
And he'll never be one again.

Welcome to Miami.

Psi is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #75 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i'd take aldridge for the simple fact that he's a pro ball player and not a pop diva.
Would you have been opposed to having A.I. and/or Rodman on the Raps (in their primes)?

Again.. I don't give 2 shits what players do in their personal lives (provided they're not committing crimes).

They get played to produce on the basketball court..... not win popularity contests.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #76 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Would you have been opposed to having A.I. and/or Rodman on the Raps (in their primes)?

Again.. I don't give 2 shits what players do in their personal lives (provided they're not committing crimes).

They get played to produce on the basketball court..... not win popularity contests.
Bosh was very committed to making sure he hit his 20 and 10.... and I'd contend it was to the detriment of the team. That doesn't mean I'm condemning your viewpoint as you are of others.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #77 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,512
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Bosh is 26 or 27... not 34. I fail to see where age even enters into the equation TBH.

As for skill... again... you're basing LA's production off of half a season compared to Bosh's 5-6 seasons.

Bosh is/was a more efficient scorer... a better rebounder... and got to the FT line about twice as much.

No brainer for me... unless Aldridge is going to suddenly become a 24 + 12 guy (which I doubt). If that happens I'll be happy to revisit the debate.
your argument about Bosh not leading this team anywhere always says "bosh had to play with a shit team"..."he had to do it all alone"..."blame BC for not surrounding him with talent"....
if thats true, which you believe, would you not say that his numbers while on the raps were inflated then, because as you say, he had no one good around him?
because you always bring up 24/12 as if thats the greatest feat in the history of PFs.
if you believe that Bosh was alone, then you must also believe that his numbers were inflated because the rest of his team was shit.

Last edited by INSIDER; 01-14-2011 at 05:36 PM.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #78 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Bosh is 26 or 27... not 34. I fail to see where age even enters into the equation TBH.

As for skill... again... you're basing LA's production off of half a season compared to Bosh's 5-6 seasons.

Bosh is/was a more efficient scorer... a better rebounder... and got to the FT line about twice as much.

No brainer for me... unless Aldridge is going to suddenly become a 24 + 12 guy (which I doubt). If that happens I'll be happy to revisit the debate.
If you put Aldridge on a team and flow all the offence through him, I'm pretty sure he could average 24 and 12. What's Bosh averaging this year? YOu can't base everything on numbers.

Considering the salaries I'd take LA right now if I was building a team. If I were building a team around my PF i'd take neither of them....Bosh would be preferred but we've seen how building a team around him goes
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #79 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,658
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Would you have been opposed to having A.I. and/or Rodman on the Raps (in their primes)?

Again.. I don't give 2 shits what players do in their personal lives (provided they're not committing crimes).

They get played to produce on the basketball court..... not win popularity contests.
ai - no because he brings in huge revenue and can take your team deep into the playoffs by virtue of his will.

rodman - no because he was paid as a role player and was one of the best rebounders in the history of the game.

if i'm going to accept bosh's princess personality and the corresponding max salary, he'd better deliver. and he simply didn't.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #80 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,096
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
your argument about Bosh not leading this team anywhere always says "bosh had to play with a shit team"..."he had to do it all alone"..."blame BC for not surrounding him with talent"....
if thats true, which you believe, would you not say that his numbers while on the raps were deflated then, because as you say, he had no one good around him?
because you always bring up 24/12 as if thats the greatest feat in the history of PFs.
if you believe that Bosh was alone, then you must also believe that his numbers were deflated because the rest of his team was shit.
I think you mean "inflated", right? Bosh's numbers are now deflated because he plays with Wade and LBJ. The numbers were possibly inflated while he was in Toronto.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24