Bledsoe to Phoenix in 3 team deal - Page 2
Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
...

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,161
Representing:
Default

It's hard to judge Milwaukee's role in this trade and how they made out, because none of us know how close they were to getting Bledsoe in a sign and trade for JJ, nor if they could have gotten anything better since teams knew they had no leverage. But man, this looks really bad on their ownership and GM that they essentially have traded a really good young player in Harris for a 40 game rental player, who turned into two 2nd round picks. Its a tough time to be a Bucks fan.

The Clippers got the best end of this deal, though it's close. They got a near perfect complimentary backcourt player to pair with CP3, in JJ Reddick, who is more than capable of handling the ball if he's closed out upon, and will be able to take a lot of pressure off of CP3, but also likely have a ridiculously awesome year in efficiency. Dudley has always been an underrated role player because he's been under the radar in Phoenix, and he should fit in perfectly with the Clippers. Like JJ, he can do more than shoot 3's, and like JJ, he's an underrated defensive player and one of the hardest workers in the NBA. I've read that the Clippers still have their MLE(Landry?), so if they're able to sign Barnes for less than 1.5 million, they'll have an even better, more balanced bench and starting 5 than last year with the lineup looking like:

CP3, cheap backup/Crawford
JJ, Crawford
Dudley/Barnes
BG, Landry
DJ, Landry, cheap backup(Turiaf?)

They've essentially upgraded both the 2/3 positions, and had a major upgrade at backup big man since they'll know they're getting consistent production from Landry on a nightly basis, instead of hoping the good LO shows up, which almost never happened last year. CP3 will be able to operate with more space with the upgraded 3 point shooting on the wings, but of course, as always, their playoff success will come down to their defence, which will be determined by how much BG/DJ(especially) grow up this season. I think DJs progression as a player will show how good or bad of a coach Doc Rivers is, because I dont think anyone knows whether he's near the top 3-4 coaches in the NBA or if he's still in the middle of the pack based on his years in Boston. We'll see next year, because he'll have no choice but to play and develop DJ if they want to go anywhere.

In terms of the PHX side of things, they traded Dudley and a 2nd for a nice prospect with a rookie contract. That is a great trade. Now they have 2 PGs that have good value on the trade market, and they'll have to figure out what they want to get value wise for Dragic. I don't like the idea of going into next year with both on the roster, as their games don't mesh, as both are pick and roll ball handlers and ball hawks on defence. The lack of chemistry will help their tank, but it wont help either players development or value, so they're better off shipping Dragic this offseason to avoid disaster during the regular season.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,740
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
It's hard to judge Milwaukee's role in this trade and how they made out, because none of us know how close they were to getting Bledsoe in a sign and trade for JJ, nor if they could have gotten anything better since teams knew they had no leverage. But man, this looks really bad on their ownership and GM that they essentially have traded a really good young player in Harris for a 40 game rental player, who turned into two 2nd round picks. Its a tough time to be a Bucks fan.

The Clippers got the best end of this deal, though it's close. They got a near perfect complimentary backcourt player to pair with CP3, in JJ Reddick, who is more than capable of handling the ball if he's closed out upon, and will be able to take a lot of pressure off of CP3, but also likely have a ridiculously awesome year in efficiency. Dudley has always been an underrated role player because he's been under the radar in Phoenix, and he should fit in perfectly with the Clippers. Like JJ, he can do more than shoot 3's, and like JJ, he's an underrated defensive player and one of the hardest workers in the NBA. I've read that the Clippers still have their MLE(Landry?), so if they're able to sign Barnes for less than 1.5 million, they'll have an even better, more balanced bench and starting 5 than last year with the lineup looking like:

CP3, cheap backup/Crawford
JJ, Crawford
Dudley/Barnes
BG, Landry
DJ, Landry, cheap backup(Turiaf?)

They've essentially upgraded both the 2/3 positions, and had a major upgrade at backup big man since they'll know they're getting consistent production from Landry on a nightly basis, instead of hoping the good LO shows up, which almost never happened last year. CP3 will be able to operate with more space with the upgraded 3 point shooting on the wings, but of course, as always, their playoff success will come down to their defence, which will be determined by how much BG/DJ(especially) grow up this season. I think DJs progression as a player will show how good or bad of a coach Doc Rivers is, because I dont think anyone knows whether he's near the top 3-4 coaches in the NBA or if he's still in the middle of the pack based on his years in Boston. We'll see next year, because he'll have no choice but to play and develop DJ if they want to go anywhere.

In terms of the PHX side of things, they traded Dudley and a 2nd for a nice prospect with a rookie contract. That is a great trade. Now they have 2 PGs that have good value on the trade market, and they'll have to figure out what they want to get value wise for Dragic. I don't like the idea of going into next year with both on the roster, as their games don't mesh, as both are pick and roll ball handlers and ball hawks on defence. The lack of chemistry will help their tank, but it wont help either players development or value, so they're better off shipping Dragic this offseason to avoid disaster during the regular season.
Quote:
Waiting on Ball Don't Lie's 3-paragraph analysis on this move
:cookie:
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #23 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,620
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
Waiting on Ball Don't Lie's 3-paragraph analysis on this move
:cookie:
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,620
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
:cookie:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid
:cookie:
:cookie:
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
...

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,161
Representing:
Default

Gotta give the people what they want. :cookie:
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #26 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 6,064
Representing:
Default

Caron Butler..... automatic ultra light ping pong ball next summer. Top 4 easy for the Suns.
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #27 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,224
Representing:
Default


:cookie:
Aamir is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #28 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

I wish we could have gotten Dudley somehow. Good deal for the Clippers.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24