Best sg

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > NBA Talk

View Poll Results: best sg?
Kobe 27 64.29%
Wade 14 33.33%
Allen 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,486
Representing:
Default Best sg

best sg
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Wade.

The Mamba's time has come and gone.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,486
Representing:
Default

Wade isn't looking good lately while Kobe keeps hitting big shots. I would have voted the other way 1/2 a year ago.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,007
Representing:
Default

Wade. Kobes inefficieny and unwillingness to defer despite having 2 monsters in the paint gives Wade the advantage, not to mention the fact that Wade is better and just playing better right now. I think you put Wade on the Lakers and they're definately better at this point.

BTW, it's crazy how theres such a dropoff now at SG. Theres a lot of good to very good ones but no one even close to great to the point where you had to include Allen in the mix lol.

Its weird how Harden is likely to be the best SG in the league in 3 years if no one amazing comes in to the league
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,786
Representing:
Default

Why is Allen on the list?
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,859
Representing:
Default

Kobe is just terrible this year he has done more damage than good. His shooting % sucks and he is chucking stupid shots instead of involving Bynum and Pau.
Wade is definitely best sg atm
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,301
Representing:
Default

Rasual.
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,570
Representing:
Default

weems
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,870
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Kobe is just terrible this year he has done more damage than good.
Wow. You literally cannot be any more wrong than this.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,859
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
Wow. You literally cannot be any more wrong than this.
Really? the guy thinks that he is MJ even though he is clearly not a Kobe that he use to be, he takes a ton of shots and misses most of them. If he would be passing ball to his teammates Lakers would have way better record than they do now.
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,835
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Really? the guy thinks that he is MJ even though he is clearly not a Kobe that he use to be, he takes a ton of shots and misses most of them. If he would be passing ball to his teammates Lakers would have way better record than they do now.

Who should he pass to? Take a good look at that roster, they have very few pure scorers aside from Kobe. And who on that team makes them better then 35-20 and being 3rd in the west?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,870
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Really? the guy thinks that he is MJ even though he is clearly not a Kobe that he use to be, he takes a ton of shots and misses most of them. If he would be passing ball to his teammates Lakers would have way better record than they do now.
So essentially, what you're saying is that the Lakers would be better of without Kobe? Since, according to you, he has done more bad than good, it would only my logical to assume the team would be better without its best player. Interesting.

Look, I understand there have been games in which he struggled big time or through up bricks late in game. But at the end of the day, the Lakers only real perimeter threat this season has been Kobe. You take that out and teams would pack the paint even harder than they have been doing. Bynum is bad at passing out of double teams. We have no shooters. That's a bad mix. It would become 10X easier to guard LAL (especially before they got Sessions).

Also, you exchange Wade/Kobe and I don't think the Lakers are better. Wade is a penetrating guard. With Bynum/Gasol in the paint, it will discourage penetration and encourage perimeter shooter. Wade is a terrible perimeter shooter and a fairly inconsistent mid range shooter.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,870
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Who should he pass to? Take a good look at that roster, they have very few pure scorers aside from Kobe. And who on that team makes them better then 35-20 and being 3rd in the west?
I would love to know lol
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,859
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Who should he pass to? Take a good look at that roster, they have very few pure scorers aside from Kobe. And who on that team makes them better then 35-20 and being 3rd in the west?
Why not involve Bynum and Gasol more? Bynum is shooting at around 60% and can clearly score more if they give him the ball close to the basket. Gasol is shooting over 50 % not that impresive maybe, but he can definitely score more at good % if KB shares the rock. Sure Kobe is still option number 1 but the guy is just chucking..

Last edited by LOG; 04-06-2012 at 04:43 PM.
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,835
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Why not involve Bynum and Gasol more? Bynum is shooting at around 60% and can clearly score more if they give him the ball close to the basket. Gasol is shooting over 50 % not that impresive maybe, but he can definitely score more at good % if KB shares the rock. Sure Kobe is still option number 1 but the guy is just chucking..
Why do you think Bynum is shooting 58%? He scores around the rim and gets to the line, you don't run many plays for him. Gasol on the other hand gets his shots and is their second option offensively. But that team lacks offensive depth at the 1-2-3 spots. You give Gasol a couple more shots and take it away from Kobe are they any better then 35-20? Maybe Kobe needs to give it to Metta World Peace more. Lol

Best case scenario going into the season for the Lakers was getting 3rd place in the western conference......where are they right now.....3rd place.

Last edited by jeffb; 04-06-2012 at 04:56 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,859
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
So essentially, what you're saying is that the Lakers would be better of without Kobe? Since, according to you, he has done more bad than good, it would only my logical to assume the team would be better without its best player. Interesting.

Look, I understand there have been games in which he struggled big time or through up bricks late in game. But at the end of the day, the Lakers only real perimeter threat this season has been Kobe. You take that out and teams would pack the paint even harder than they have been doing. Bynum is bad at passing out of double teams. We have no shooters. That's a bad mix. It would become 10X easier to guard LAL (especially before they got Sessions).

Also, you exchange Wade/Kobe and I don't think the Lakers are better. Wade is a penetrating guard. With Bynum/Gasol in the paint, it will discourage penetration and encourage perimeter shooter. Wade is a terrible perimeter shooter and a fairly inconsistent mid range shooter.

Not saying that they would do better without him, but if he would make better decisions and take less low % shots they would win more
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

I don't know why Kobe doesn't run Pick & Roll with Pau.

Those 2 should be killing teams 24/7 with that play.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,859
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Why do you think Bynum is shooting 58%? He scores around the rim and gets to the line, you don't run many plays for him. Gasol on the other hand gets his shots and is their second option offensively. But that team lacks offensive depth at the 1-2-3 spots. You give Gasol a couple more shots and take it away from Kobe are they any better then 35-20? Maybe Kobe needs to give it to Metta World Peace more. Lol

Best case scenario going into the season for the Lakers was getting 3rd place in the western conference......where are they right now.....3rd place.
So you think that its better for him to shoot when he is double or even triple teamed at times? Because that is exactly what he is doing. It's not too hard to figure out that if there are 2 defenders on Kobe someone is left open, and that someone should get a pass for an open shot. And yes, Metta World Peace or Steve Blake can hit a wide open shot.. If lakers would move the rock more that would take a lot of pressure of Kobe and his % would go up

Last edited by LOG; 04-06-2012 at 05:20 PM.
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,859
Representing:
Default

KOBE’S HERO ACT IS GETTING OUT OF HAND SOSB
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,835
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
So you think that its better for him to shoot when he is double or even triple teamed at times? Because that is exactly what he is doing. It's not too hard to figure out that if there are 2 defenders on Kobe someone is left open, and that someone should get a pass for an open shot. And yes, Metta World Peace or Steve Blake can hit a wide open shot.. If lakers would move the rock more that would take a lot of pressure of Kobe and his % would go up

Look, I agree tha Kobe often takes bad shots and is on the decline. But give those above mentioned players a couple more shots and it doesn't put them in a better position then they are currently in. Lakers will go as far as Kobe takes them.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24