Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Bargs the most overpaid player in the nba (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/bargs-most-overpaid-player-nba-26544.html)

LOG 02-14-2014 07:41 PM

Bargs the most overpaid player in the nba
 
This actually made me happy :jack:

Quote:

Andrea Bargnani

New York Knicks
Salary: $11.8 million
Wins Produced: -1.31
The No. 1 overall pick out of Italy in 2006 is one of the three worst players in the NBA among those averaging at least 20 minutes a game. The seven-footer averages five rebounds and one blocked shot per game, while shooting 44% from the floor.
Money For Nothing - In Photos: The Most Overpaid NBA Players 2014 - Forbes

I hope New York is enjoying that trade :mu:

LX 02-14-2014 08:34 PM

I miss seeing him playing at MSG

elT 02-14-2014 08:37 PM

Any list of over payed players that includes both Bosh and Bargnani should be ignored by default and if at all possible deleted for all times.

Rudy-T 02-15-2014 04:45 PM

Horrible list. I dont really think guys like Z-Bo and Gasol are horribly overpaid. Yes they get big salaries, but they also produce (well Gasol has had some injury issue, but can still play). Similarly Bosh isnt really overpaid. His stats are just down because he is playing with LeBron and Wade.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 02-15-2014 04:56 PM

+ I remember ppl on here having a lot of issues with me saying that Lowry was the best player on the team just before the start of the 12/13 season.

jeffb 02-15-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! (Post 866632)
+ I remember ppl on here having a lot of issues with me saying that Lowry was the best player on the team just before the start of the 12/13 season.

Not me. Especially considering the team consisted of Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon, Demar Derozan.

LOG 02-15-2014 05:27 PM

Not sure what are people not happy about. This isn't some randomly made up list, it's based on wins produced in relation to money earned.

Quote:

These ten have produced the fewest wins for the buck this season

jeffb 02-15-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 866636)
Not sure what are people not happy about. This isn't some randomly made up list, it's based on wins produced in relation to money earned.

But in a teams sport it's a little ridiculous. Z-Bo for instance, last season wouldn't be on this list but now when the team has had injury issues, a new coach, new system he's on the list. Take this type of list with a massive grain of salt. And if you go by wins Bozzer shouldn't be there either considering Chicago is over achieving imo with Rose/Deng gone and Boozer is a big reason why.


And Bennett? I realize he's getting #1 pick salary, but come on.


How about Kobe/Nash etc......they're getting paid a crap load to sit out and their team sucks. I guess injured players don't count.

LOG 02-15-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 866641)
But in a teams sport it's a little ridiculous. Z-Bo for instance, last season wouldn't be on this list but now when the team has had injury issues, a new coach, new system he's on the list. Take this type of list with a massive grain of salt. And if you go by wins Bozzer shouldn't be there either considering Chicago is over achieving imo with Rose/Deng gone and Boozer is a big reason why.


And Bennett? I realize he's getting #1 pick salary, but come on.


How about Kobe/Nash etc......they're getting paid a crap load to sit out and their team sucks. I guess injured players don't count.

By no means do I think that this list is perfect, but I don't disagree in terms of player contribution to their respective teams in comparison to their salaries

Someone like Boozer gives much less bang for the buck than someone like Noah.
Someone like Bargs gives much less bang for the Buck than someone like Chandler

th3answ3r 02-16-2014 11:19 AM

how about rashard lewis?

jeffb 02-16-2014 02:56 PM

Bennett at 5Mil is on there, but Varejao (9Mil), Deng (14mil) aren't. lol

LOG 02-16-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 866936)
Bennett at 5Mil is on there, but Varejao (9Mil), Deng (14mil) aren't. lol

How's that surprising?

jeffb 02-16-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 866940)
How's that surprising?

Much higher paid players on the same shitty team.

LOG 02-16-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 866943)
Much higher paid players on the same shitty team.

Much better players though

jeffb 02-16-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 866944)
Much better players though

Still, higher salary and still losing. Otherwise why put Z-Bo on the list instead of Tony Allen?

LOG 02-16-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 866946)
Still, higher salary and still losing. Otherwise why put Z-Bo on the list instead of Tony Allen?

It's not only higher salary and loosing.. Does Benett contribute more to winning in relation to his salary than Dang? No.. It's not even close.

Z-Bo
WS/48 .098 while making $17,800,000

Tony Allen

WS/48 .106 while making $4,494,382


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24