Around the NBA daily - Page 33
Old 03-31-2008, 09:57 AM   #641 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
Not tryin 2 b funny. Just trying to communicate wit u on a level u will understand.


For the record, I like Iverson, but he's not some innocent little choir boy.
no1 said he is a choir boy, but he is by no means a low life criminal like some ppl try to make him out to be, whens the last time u heard about him getting in2 trouble.

I appreciate your effort
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:08 AM   #642 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,645
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpery View Post
no1 said he is a choir boy, but he is by no means a low life criminal like some ppl try to make him out to be, whens the last time u heard about him getting in2 trouble.

I appreciate your effort
Every offseason.

I love this pic.

Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #643 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is IŮigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,547
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpery View Post
Oh he made a rap song with some anti homosexual lyrics, isnt that a rarity?? How about all the anti homosexual politicians? Are they "thugs" too? Oh guess they arent cuz they are white middle aged or better Christians, so its ok for them, they wont be labeled as low.
Thats the worst argument I have ever heard in my life. So that some retarded politicians make anti-gay comments give thugs the right to make anti-gay comments?
Its the same terrible mistake and they should get bashed for it.


and for the record too, I have Iverson Sixers shirt.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:40 AM   #644 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
Every offseason.

I love this pic.

2002? oh yea, thats recent. I love the generic, every offseason... yea, cuz u said it, its true.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:56 AM   #645 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,645
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpery View Post
2002? oh yea, thats recent. I love the generic, every offseason... yea, cuz u said it, its true.
I posted it because it's amusing (hence the "I love this pic") not because it's recent and I was being facetious.

His rap sheet speaks for itself and he is always surrounded by controversy - as recent as last week I believe.

Last edited by Acie; 03-31-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:24 PM   #646 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,029
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Wow, I just read that Iverson is a kind hearted individual? And Bel is right your argument is quite weak. Defend the man as a basketball player. He's a GREAT player.

But as a man himself? He's a thug. Plain and simple but if you're too narrowminded to actually see that for yourself, that I refuse to treat you like a child and draw a picture for you. It's just sad, that in today's world, we still are so blind to a lot of things.

Oh and Pimp, I don't believe one single article I read. I check multiple sources. It's what a good researcher does when they want a good opinion on an article.
Claudius is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:37 PM   #647 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Wow, I just read that Iverson is a kind hearted individual? And Bel is right your argument is quite weak. Defend the man as a basketball player. He's a GREAT player.

But as a man himself? He's a thug. Plain and simple but if you're too narrowminded to actually see that for yourself, that I refuse to treat you like a child and draw a picture for you. It's just sad, that in today's world, we still are so blind to a lot of things.

Oh and Pimp, I don't believe one single article I read. I check multiple sources. It's what a good researcher does when they want a good opinion on an article.
\

Oh and let me add, narrow minded is judging someone you really dont know, by what is said in the media who tend to show young, urban, black male celebritys in a great light and arent quick to prejudge them.

well i guess your a better judge of character then every player in the league who interacts with him due to your comprehensive article research, well done.

Last edited by pimpery; 03-31-2008 at 12:43 PM.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #648 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,645
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpery View Post
well i guess your a better judge of character then every player in the league who interacts with him due to your comprehensive article research, well done.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpery View Post
I love the generic, every player... yea, cuz u said it, its true.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:48 PM   #649 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
find me one player that has said a negative thing about AI? Cuz i can find you multiple, multiple MULTIPLE players, vets and rookies, that simply love this guy, check any pregame routine, ppl flock to this guy.

He's a thug, he's a thug? WHY?? You keep saying "he's a thug"... WHY? Besides that incident with the gun, which he apoligized for and admitted it was stupid and he lacked proper judgement, what has he done thats so bad?

"something as recently as last week"- good quote? lol

"controversy circles him all the time"- well damn, he must be a bad guy then

Seriously, wheres all these Pacman like incidents that make you draw a moral conclusion to what kind of person he is?
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:55 PM   #650 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

anyways, if u wanna judge AI for w/e reasons, more power to ya, im sure he isnt losing sleep over it anyways, lets move on
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:04 PM   #651 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,645
Representing:
Default

From last week and please find me some quotes. I bet there's a ton from Jerry Stackhouse and Chris Webber.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-lo...0,504743.story
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:30 PM   #652 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
U wer thair rite? U no wat happened wit dose ppl. It could happen 2 any1.
lmao
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:34 PM   #653 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,593
Representing:
Default

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/0711/1404559.html
Charges facing Philadelphia 76ers star Allen Iverson:

Criminal trespass, felony, two counts

Criminal conspiracy, felony, one count

Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act, felony, one count

Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act, misdemeanor, one count

Simple assault, misdemeanor, two counts

Terroristic threats, misdemeanor, two counts

Unlawful restraint, misdemeanor, two counts

False imprisonment, misdemeanor, two counts

Possession of an instrument of crime, misdemeanor, one count
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #654 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,593
Representing:
Default

http://sports.jrank.org/pages/2215/I...-Troubles.html

It appeared that Iverson's promise to someday buy his mother a red Corvette would go unfulfilled after the seventeen-year-old was arrested on February 14, 1993 for being involved in a mob scene at a local bowling alley. Iverson was hanging out with friends when a confrontation quickly developed into a large brawl divided along racial lines. Accused of throwing a chair that hit a woman, knocking her unconscious, Iverson was charged and tried as an adult. Although he had no previous criminal record, he was sentenced to five years in prison and denied bail pending an appeal.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:00 PM   #655 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltrane View Post
http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/0711/1404559.html
Charges facing Philadelphia 76ers star Allen Iverson:

Criminal trespass, felony, two counts

Criminal conspiracy, felony, one count

Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act, felony, one count

Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act, misdemeanor, one count

Simple assault, misdemeanor, two counts

Terroristic threats, misdemeanor, two counts

Unlawful restraint, misdemeanor, two counts

False imprisonment, misdemeanor, two counts

Possession of an instrument of crime, misdemeanor, one count
thats all from one incident, how many convictions in that incident? how much jail time? Dont show a bunch of charges from one incident he admitted being wrong in as proof of anything, but i do love how u spread them out to make them look like seperate incidents... i also love showing something that happened when he was 17? lol grasping at straws my friend
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:03 PM   #656 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,645
Representing:
Default

1993: This incident was profiled on the television news magazine 60 Minutes due to claims of racial bias in the adjudication of the case. L. Douglas Wilder, at the time Governor of Virginia, became convinced that Iverson had been treated unfairly and controversially granted Iverson clemency, releasing him from his sentence. Iverson's conviction was later overturned on appeal.[10]

1997: Iverson, along with his friends, was stopped by policemen for speeding late at night and was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and for possession of marijuana. He pleaded no contest and was sentenced to community service.[11]

2000: Iverson recorded a rap single named 40 Bars. However, after being criticized for its controversial lyrics, he eventually was unable to release it. Going under his moniker, "Jewelz", the album was alleged to have made derogatory remarks about homosexuals. After criticism from activist groups and NBA Commissioner David Stern, he agreed to change the lyrics, but ultimately never released the album.[12]

2002: Iverson allegedly threw his wife Tawanna out of the mansion during a fight. The following night, an enraged Iverson later went looking for his wife at his cousin's apartment. His cousin wouldn't let him in (Iverson was the one who paid the rent for the house). According to the police report, Iverson repeatedly threatened to kill his cousin Charles Jones and Jones's roommate while showing them a semi-automatic gun. Iverson was arrested and charged with 14 different counts. All charges were ultimately dropped after conflicting testimonies from witnesses.[13][14]

2004: During the latter part of the 2003-2004 season, Iverson bristled under the disciplinarian approach of the Sixers' new head coach Chris Ford. This led to a number of contentious incidents, including Iverson being suspended for missing practice, fined for failing to notify Ford that Iverson would not attend a game because he was sick, and refusing to play in game because he felt "insulted" that Ford wanted Iverson to come off the bench as he worked his way back from an injury.[15]

On February 24, 2004, Iverson, a noted regular casino patron, was spotted at Bally's Park Place in Atlantic City urinating in a trash can in full view of staff and patrons. He was told by casino management not to return.[16]

When the 2004 United States Olympic team gathered in Jacksonville, Florida for its first exhibition game, Allen Iverson was late. He was suspended for the game.[17]

2005: On December 9, 2005 after the Sixers defeated the Charlotte Bobcats, Iverson paid a late-night visit to the Trump Taj Mahal. After winning a hand at a three-card-stud poker table, Iverson was overpaid $10,000 in chips by a dealer. When the dealer quickly realized the mistake and requested the chips back, Iverson refused and a heated head-turning argument between him and casino staff began. Atlantic City casino regulations reportedly state that when a casino makes a payout mistake in favor of the gambler, he or she must return the money that they did not legitimately win by playing.[16]

NBA Dress Code: In 2005, NBA commissioner David Stern banned what critics and supporters call "hip-hop culture"-related attire such as Mitchell & Ness brand throwback jerseys, baggy jeans, crooked baseball caps, do-rags, knee-length t-shirts, large items of jewelry, and Timberland boots. Punishment for violations would include fines and possible suspensions for repeat violations.[18] Iverson harshly criticized Stern's dress code, saying that it "would not change a person's character regardless of what type of clothing they wore", and that "associating hip-hop styles of dress with violent crime, drugs, or a bad image is racist." Iverson also said that the advertising of many prominent NBA sponsors, such as Nike, Reebok, Puma and Adidas were heavily influenced by hip-hop culture.

2007: Iverson was fined $25,000 by the NBA for criticizing referee Steve Javie following a game between the Nuggets and Iverson's former team, the Philadelphia 76ers, played January 2, 2007. During the course of the game, Iverson committed two technical fouls and was ejected from the game. After the game, Iverson said, "I thought I got fouled on that play, and I said I thought that he was calling the game personal I should have known that I couldn't say anything anyway. It's been something personal with me and him since I got in the league. This was just the perfect game for him to try and make me look bad."[19]

2007: Iverson denied taking part in a 2005 Washington nightclub brawl, testifying that two men who sued him for $20 million in connection with the fight want to cash in on his basketball fame.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #657 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,488
Representing:
Default

now thats a role model!
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:10 PM   #658 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
1993: This incident was profiled on the television news magazine 60 Minutes due to claims of racial bias in the adjudication of the case. L. Douglas Wilder, at the time Governor of Virginia, became convinced that Iverson had been treated unfairly and controversially granted Iverson clemency, releasing him from his sentence. Iverson's conviction was later overturned on appeal.[10]

1997: Iverson, along with his friends, was stopped by policemen for speeding late at night and was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and for possession of marijuana. He pleaded no contest and was sentenced to community service.[11]

2000: Iverson recorded a rap single named 40 Bars. However, after being criticized for its controversial lyrics, he eventually was unable to release it. Going under his moniker, "Jewelz", the album was alleged to have made derogatory remarks about homosexuals. After criticism from activist groups and NBA Commissioner David Stern, he agreed to change the lyrics, but ultimately never released the album.[12]

2002: Iverson allegedly threw his wife Tawanna out of the mansion during a fight. The following night, an enraged Iverson later went looking for his wife at his cousin's apartment. His cousin wouldn't let him in (Iverson was the one who paid the rent for the house). According to the police report, Iverson repeatedly threatened to kill his cousin Charles Jones and Jones's roommate while showing them a semi-automatic gun. Iverson was arrested and charged with 14 different counts. All charges were ultimately dropped after conflicting testimonies from witnesses.[13][14]

2004: During the latter part of the 2003-2004 season, Iverson bristled under the disciplinarian approach of the Sixers' new head coach Chris Ford. This led to a number of contentious incidents, including Iverson being suspended for missing practice, fined for failing to notify Ford that Iverson would not attend a game because he was sick, and refusing to play in game because he felt "insulted" that Ford wanted Iverson to come off the bench as he worked his way back from an injury.[15]

On February 24, 2004, Iverson, a noted regular casino patron, was spotted at Bally's Park Place in Atlantic City urinating in a trash can in full view of staff and patrons. He was told by casino management not to return.[16]

When the 2004 United States Olympic team gathered in Jacksonville, Florida for its first exhibition game, Allen Iverson was late. He was suspended for the game.[17]

2005: On December 9, 2005 after the Sixers defeated the Charlotte Bobcats, Iverson paid a late-night visit to the Trump Taj Mahal. After winning a hand at a three-card-stud poker table, Iverson was overpaid $10,000 in chips by a dealer. When the dealer quickly realized the mistake and requested the chips back, Iverson refused and a heated head-turning argument between him and casino staff began. Atlantic City casino regulations reportedly state that when a casino makes a payout mistake in favor of the gambler, he or she must return the money that they did not legitimately win by playing.[16]

NBA Dress Code: In 2005, NBA commissioner David Stern banned what critics and supporters call "hip-hop culture"-related attire such as Mitchell & Ness brand throwback jerseys, baggy jeans, crooked baseball caps, do-rags, knee-length t-shirts, large items of jewelry, and Timberland boots. Punishment for violations would include fines and possible suspensions for repeat violations.[18] Iverson harshly criticized Stern's dress code, saying that it "would not change a person's character regardless of what type of clothing they wore", and that "associating hip-hop styles of dress with violent crime, drugs, or a bad image is racist." Iverson also said that the advertising of many prominent NBA sponsors, such as Nike, Reebok, Puma and Adidas were heavily influenced by hip-hop culture.

2007: Iverson was fined $25,000 by the NBA for criticizing referee Steve Javie following a game between the Nuggets and Iverson's former team, the Philadelphia 76ers, played January 2, 2007. During the course of the game, Iverson committed two technical fouls and was ejected from the game. After the game, Iverson said, "I thought I got fouled on that play, and I said I thought that he was calling the game personal I should have known that I couldn't say anything anyway. It's been something personal with me and him since I got in the league. This was just the perfect game for him to try and make me look bad."[19]

2007: Iverson denied taking part in a 2005 Washington nightclub brawl, testifying that two men who sued him for $20 million in connection with the fight want to cash in on his basketball fame.
yes, and? he made a mistake with the incident in philly, and carrying a unlicensed concealed weapon, everything else u posted is nonsense, fined for this and that, allegedly this and that, i should make a post of all the charitable things AI has done over his career? Cuz it would swamp all this nonsense, i dont see him robbbing ppl, killing ppl, threatening ppl, just getting drunk and acting a fool, who here isnt guilty of that? Its just we arent famous so it doesnt become public knowledge, none of this stuff AI did except the incident in philly is all that bad, the incident with the woman he was pardoned on, and the state looked in2 it due to some racial issues that alot of ppl thought was the reasoning behind the charges. Posting him being fined for NBA stuff is ridiculous, that makes him a bad person? lol come on
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:12 PM   #659 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

bottom line, all those charges dropped, he has never done anything to any1 that we know of. Yet you all want to judge his character.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #660 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Philadelphia 76ers guard and 2004 USA Basketball Men's Senior National Team Co-captain Allen Iverson is the recipient of the NBA Community Assist Award for the month of July. As part of the NBAís Summer of Goodwill, Iverson hosted his annual charitable weekend from July 9-11 in the Washington D.C.

Iversonís work in the community is year round. He purchases a block of tickets to 76ers home games that are donated to area kids and non-profit groups in the Philadelphia area as part of A.I.ís Crossover Crew every season. During the holidays, Iverson has purchased turkey dinners for area families. Each season, he meets with kids through the Make-A-Wish Foundation who are invited to a 76ers home game and he has also teamed up with Reebok to refurbish basketball courts in Memphis, Washington, Hampton and currently Philadelphia. The NBA will make a $5,000 donation to the Boys & Girls Club of Philadelphia on behalf of Iverson in recognition of the award.

A hot, steamy night with a constant threat of thunderstorms did nothing to deter over 8,000 fans from coming out to Prince Georgeís Stadium in Bowie, MD on July 16 for the Allen Iverson Celebrity Softball Classic, featuring Allen Iverson and a host of other celebrities from the likes of the NBA, NFL, the film and record industries, and beyond.


Crossover Promotions, Allenís charitable foundation, helps to build courts in the inner cities and gives to the Boys and Girls Clubs and to HIV/AIDS Awareness groups.


Allen Iverson Gives Back to His Hometown Police Department

find it very important to post articles referring to how much of a good guy Allen Iverson truley is, mostly in response to those who rip him for being a thug. The truth of the matter is that he really is a quality human being who cares about kids and his former community.
GOOD LINK FOR U SOUNDS LIKE U GUYS! http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articl...partment/75332

Former Sixers star Allen Iverson is trying to help out his old stomping grounds of Newport News, Virginia. A.I. is giving $100,000 to a gun buyback program which "offers money to residents who turn in guns to police, with no questions asked."

and theres sooo many more, the fact is, he does as much or more things for kids and poor communitys then any1 in the NBA, but u wanna paint him as just a thug who is all negative, theres 2 sides 2 every coin, its just the negative articles get way more press, i could make 4 or 5 posts max length of the things this guy has done for communitys and children everywhere he has played, not trying to get press, he does it cuz its the right thing 2 do!
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily Raptor Dish - 04.01.10 Acie Toronto Raptors 5 01-04-2010 07:57 PM
Daily Raptor Dish - 02.01.10 Acie Toronto Raptors 7 01-03-2010 01:53 AM
Daily Raptor Dish - 01.01.10 Acie Toronto Raptors 5 01-02-2010 11:12 AM
Daily Raptor Dish - 30 Dec LX Toronto Raptors 10 12-30-2009 08:50 PM
Daily Dish - 22 Dec LX Toronto Raptors 14 12-22-2009 04:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24