ANDREA BARGNANI
Old 11-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Raptor Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 398
Representing:
Knicks ANDREA BARGNANI

Hi Guys,

Did anyone watch NY/Houston last night?

Bargs was an animal!!! Defence was awesome, his shooting was phenomenal. He OWNED Dwight. Wasn't even close! Dwight just couldn't score on him at all, he just resorted to dropping his shoulder and fouling him!

I LOVE Bargs when he's like this, such a shame he doesn't bring it every night, would have been one of the best EVER (I honestly think that).

I know you'll all flame me and tell me to go away, but no where else on the planet know Bargs like we all do, so I thought I would share.

Do we have any Barg fans left?
ollyaaa is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,917
Representing:
Default

Booooooooo!
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

good for him. It's not like he didn't have good games while here.

also let's just keep all the Bargnani stuff in the NBA forum.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
taking you to school

Senior Member
 
ZanTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,345
Representing:
Default

You could've just put your loveletter in the "Same old Barnani" thread. One Bargs thread is more than enough IMHO.

Good for him he's had a couple of good games recently, the crowd will go easy on him as well. I still don't see it working in NY though. Melo, Stoudemire, JR Smith, Bargs, Felton, they'll all want their touches and there just aren't enough minutes in a game to please them all... and then Bargs will get grumpy and lose interest fast. I still can't see Bargs average more than 12 or 13 ppg on the season, which should be called a failure unless the Knicks overperform, win a lot of games and Bargs plays a big role in it.

Last edited by ZanTheMan; 11-15-2013 at 10:29 AM.
ZanTheMan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Two Words:

THIRTEEN GAMES
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 283
Representing:
Default

I've seen the 4th period. The last time he touches the ball is when he made a 3's at 4minute mark, didn't have another touch (even just a pass, rebound battle etc., - literally no) till end of game.
xplode is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
counting sheeps

Member
 
Tomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 321
Representing:
Default

Tomas is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,913
Representing:
Default

He looks like he's in good shape and 100 percent healthy. And he still mixes in some terible basketball in the good games. The MSG crowd was on him early on when he was missing lazy three foot shots and then allowing easy offensive boards on the other end immediately thereafter.

He's always done well against Howard. Howard is as mentally soft as he is physically soft. Probably moreso. Two talented big men with no heart whatsoever. yuck
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,775
Representing:
Default

The moment they run Barg through a screen he'll look like the same turd he's been the past 7 years.

Andrea Bargnani Does Not Appear To Have Control Over His Own Body
Kirby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Raptor Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 398
Representing:
Default

I honestly think Toronto is more of the problem than Bargs.

No one plays well for this ball club. They all end up moving on and beasting it somewhere else.

He OWNED D Howard..... OWNED. That takes heart and talent. I think NY got a good deal with us.

TBH NYs problem last night was the awful Ray Felton and Melo never passing and just generally doing terrible.

I see MELO as a 6ft 8 ray allen sometimes (without the team work and accountability)
ollyaaa is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
waiting...

Member
 
myklue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 463
Representing:
Default

bargnani isn't a bad one on one defender. His help defense is horrible, hence that gif with him jumping in the air for nothing when a guy drove to the basket.

myklue is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,775
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyaaa View Post
I honestly think Toronto is more of the problem than Bargs.

No one plays well for this ball club. They all end up moving on and beasting it somewhere else.

He OWNED D Howard..... OWNED. That takes heart and talent. I think NY got a good deal with us.

TBH NYs problem last night was the awful Ray Felton and Melo never passing and just generally doing terrible.

I see MELO as a 6ft 8 ray allen sometimes (without the team work and accountability)
Okay you can be my new whipping boy
Kirby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
a Raps fan

Senior Member
 
creative1mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,336
Representing:
Default

Quote:
I honestly think Toronto is more of the problem than Bargs.
how long was he here for..., and what... he has a few good games in NY and Toronto is to blame, I could understand if he got MVP in the league lol.. but lets not get carried away here
creative1mm is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,917
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyaaa View Post
I honestly think Toronto is more of the problem than Bargs.
how do you explain him already being booed in two home games this season? How do you explain him grabbing 4reb in 26mpg? I still find it hilarious that some still fall for his occasional good play. Do the Raptors bare some of the blame, sure. But Bargnani takes most of the blame for his play over the years.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,215
Representing:
Default

The best assignment for a bad defender is to just stick with one guy and don't worry about the other 8 players on the court.

So although it was the best possible scenario for Bargs, it wasn't necessarily the best for the Knicks as they still gave up 100+ and lost the game despite melo getting 45 on +50% shooting.

Last edited by bjjs; 11-15-2013 at 12:31 PM.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,768
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyaaa View Post
Hi Guys,

Did anyone watch NY/Houston last night?

Bargs was an animal!!! Defence was awesome, his shooting was phenomenal. He OWNED Dwight. Wasn't even close! Dwight just couldn't score on him at all, he just resorted to dropping his shoulder and fouling him!

I LOVE Bargs when he's like this, such a shame he doesn't bring it every night, would have been one of the best EVER (I honestly think that).

I know you'll all flame me and tell me to go away, but no where else on the planet know Bargs like we all do, so I thought I would share.

Do we have any Barg fans left?
We won't. We don't want you to go away. We like when you share. It makes our day.
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Okay you can be my new whipping boy
and you can be mine, kirby. careful.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
how do you explain him already being booed in two home games this season? How do you explain him grabbing 4reb in 26mpg? I still find it hilarious that some still fall for his occasional good play. Do the Raptors bare some of the blame, sure. But Bargnani takes most of the blame for his play over the years.
While his first two games can't be defended, the guy did not come to camp in shape, you can hardly justify booing after two games for anyone. A little over the top. Now that he's starting to adjust, maybe he can perform there better. Don't act like he's completely talentless, he's just been lazy.

As for the Raptors, there has been a culture of selfishness and malaise that has extended beyond just Bargnani. We've been a poor defensive team for years and it's not just one guy.

That said, it's way too early to say he's been a success in NY or even that the trade was close, but his PER is much better and he's shooting the ball at much better percentages so far this season. Maybe Woodson can get through to him to even bring slightly below average defense but much more effort than was shown here last year.

Why all the Bargnani threads? A lot of love shown here!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,917
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
you can hardly justify booing after two games for anyone. A little over the top. Now that he's starting to adjust, maybe he can perform there better. Don't act like he's completely talentless, he's just been lazy.
Shows up out of shape, knowing his history and still not rebounding? Probably justified. Even you as a fan of his agree that he's lazy......a talented player that is lazy and gives inconsistent effort and doesn't maximize his potential is asking to be booed imo. And he is in the wrong place for that.

Whether he does well in NY or not I and glad he's not here. It's about god damn time! Let the NY fans be bipolar about Bargnani, he's not our problem anymore.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Shows up out of shape, knowing his history and still not rebounding? Probably justified. Even you as a fan of his agree that he's lazy......a talented player that is lazy and gives inconsistent effort and doesn't maximize his potential is asking to be booed imo. And he is in the wrong place for that.

Whether he does well in NY or not I and glad he's not here. It's about god damn time! Let the NY fans be bipolar about Bargnani, he's not our problem anymore.
Agreed... we also have enough problems still here to deal with!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24