All NBA Teams released.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default All NBA Teams released.

One last slap in the face to Bosh... lol.... yep, he's as good as gone now.

NBA.com: Best on offense (Durant), defense (Howard) pace All-NBA team



FIRST TEAM
Position Player, Team (1st Team Votes) Points
Forward LeBron James, Cleveland (122) 610
Forward Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City (107) 579
Center Dwight Howard, Orlando (122) 610
Guard Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers (119) 604
Guard Dwyane Wade, Miami (81) 520


SECOND TEAM
Forward Carmelo Anthony, Denver (9) 321
Forward Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas (10) 356
Center Amare Stoudemire, Phoenix (2) 239
Guard Steve Nash, Phoenix (24) 366
Guard Deron Williams, Utah (14) 343


THIRD TEAM
Forward Tim Duncan, San Antonio -- 125
Forward Pau Gasol, L.A. Lakers -- 94
Center Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee -- 149
Guard Joe Johnson, Atlanta -- 118
Guard Brandon Roy, Portland -- 87


Other players receiving votes, with point totals (first team votes in parentheses): Chris Bosh, Toronto, 80; Rajon Rondo, Boston, 47; David Lee, New York, 43; Carlos Boozer, Utah, 33; Chauncey Billups, Denver, 24; Zach Randolph, Memphis, 20; Al Horford, Atlanta, 19; Jason Kidd, Dallas, 18; Derrick Rose, Chicago, 15; Chris Paul, New Orleans, 14; Manu Ginobili, San Antonio, 13; Chris Kaman, LA Clippers, 9; Brook Lopez, New Jersey, 6; Josh Smith, Atlanta, 6; Paul Pierce, Boston, 6; Gerald Wallace, Charlotte, 5; Marcus Camby, Portland, 3; Andrew Bynum, LA Lakers, 2; Danny Granger, Indiana, 2; David West, New Orleans, 1; Kevin Garnett, Boston, 1; Mo Williams; Cleveland, 1; Tony Parker San Antonio, 1.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

I love how these all NBA team players play out of position all the time
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

and who plays D on the 2nd team other than Williams?
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Well better than the All star game. At least positions are justified in ALL NBA teams
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,652
Representing:
Default

I would have put Deron Williams on the first team instead of Dwyane Wade.
thought is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

3rd team has 3 7 footers
Bosh should be ahead of Duncan based on this season, shouldn't he?
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,652
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
3rd team has 3 7 footers
Bosh should be ahead of Duncan based on this season, shouldn't he?
If record were irrelevant Bosh would be on the second team
thought is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,483
Representing:
Default

you guys need to notice one glaring fact.... every player on each team (1,2,3 respectively) made the playoffs.

stats come secondary for players who cant win.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,765
Representing:
Default

Theres only 2 players Bosh could have gotten in over, and thats Duncan and Bogut. But based on Milwaukees amazing run and Bogut being their best player and SA making the playoffs with Duncan being their best player, Bosh didnt deserve to get on there.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,099
Representing:
Default

I don't thik anyone on the list deserved to be cut to put Bosh in.
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,776
Representing:
Default

If he doesn't get hurt and gets into the playoffs, he makes it. As things went, there couldn't have been any expectation of anything different.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,652
Representing:
Default

I think Lebron, Kobe or Wade could have been cut because Bosh is top 6 in the league in Pts/rebs/assists and is their equal.
thought is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Theres only 2 players Bosh could have gotten in over, and thats Duncan and Bogut. But based on Milwaukees amazing run and Bogut being their best player and SA making the playoffs with Duncan being their best player, Bosh didnt deserve to get on there.
Horseshit.

That argument is only good for the MVP or 6th man awards.

For the All-NBA teams it's about the PLAYER... not the team.... and Bosh was one of the best PLAYERS in the league this season. End of story.

If 24 + 11 can't even get you on the 3rd team then the system is broken.

And if wins matter so much with awards then Jennings should have got the ROTY over Evans.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,483
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Horseshit.

That argument is only good for the MVP or 6th man awards.

For the All-NBA teams it's about the PLAYER... not the team.... and Bosh was one of the best PLAYERS in the league this season. End of story.

If 24 + 11 can't even get you on the 3rd team then the system is broken.
every player listed made the playoffs.
its about the player, yes... and the best players are WINNERS. All NBA teams are about great players... players who win, players who lead, players that actually make a difference in the grand scheme of things.
what has Bosh done this season that has had any effect on his team or the NBA?
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,652
Representing:
Default

All awards/accolades are relative in the NBA man. The best rookies are on the shittiest teams, so the ROY doesn't necessarily depend on a winning record. All-star as well, because that's a popularity contest moreso than a show of basketball purity.

The only year Bosh made the all-nba team we were in the playoffs. It's pretty blatant what's going on here.
thought is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
every player listed made the playoffs.
its about the player, yes... and the best players are WINNERS. All NBA teams are about great players... players who win, players who lead, players that actually make a difference in the grand scheme of things.
what has Bosh done this season that has had any effect on his team or the NBA?
If I ever meet you imma kick you in the nuts for that comment. : |



Lol.... what has he done? How about stop us from flirting with NJ for the league's worst record? Unless you think that this teams sans Bosh would have still notched 40 wins?

Every player on that list plays with other very good players.... or at least with guys who can play D.

Bosh had neither.

And you want to penalize him for that??
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,483
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
If I ever meet you imma kick you in the nuts for that comment. : |



Lol.... what has he done? How about stop us from flirting with NJ for the league's worst record? Unless you think that this teams sans Bosh would have still notched 40 wins?

Every player on that list plays with other very good players.... or at least with guys who can play D.

Bosh had neither.

And you want to penalize him for that??
i may enjoy that...

but your arguement goes both ways TO...
you cant penalize him for playing on a shit team, you're right, but you can't reward him for that either.
because for every "Bosh put up 24/11, he deserves to be in there".... you'll get someone rebutting with "he put up those numbers because there was no one else on his team, on a good team filled with good players, theres no way he puts up those stats".

its a merry-go-round of bull that wont ever get resolved.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
i may enjoy that...

but your arguement goes both ways TO...
you cant penalize him for playing on a shit team, you're right, but you can't reward him for that either.
because for every "Bosh put up 24/11, he deserves to be in there".... you'll get someone rebutting with "he put up those numbers because there was no one else on his team, on a good team filled with good players, theres no way he puts up those stats".

its a merry-go-round of bull that wont ever get resolved.
And those people would be idiots.

Did Bosh have any problem scoring in the all-star game?

Would Team USA have secured a player "just putting up numbers because no one else is on the team"?

I don't think so.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,765
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Horseshit.

That argument is only good for the MVP or 6th man awards.

For the All-NBA teams it's about the PLAYER... not the team.... and Bosh was one of the best PLAYERS in the league this season. End of story.

If 24 + 11 can't even get you on the 3rd team then the system is broken.

And if wins matter so much with awards then Jennings should have got the ROTY over Evans.
Judging on how the voters determined it that seems to be how the vote went. Winning was a huge factor along with having a great season.

If it was just based on the personal performance of course Bosh gets in.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
playoffs please dont end

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,600
Representing:
Default

so much about Bosh being "top 10 player" or "top 5 big man"
Shifty.py is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24