2013: Worst Draft Class Ever
Old 12-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Presidential
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,646
Representing:
Wink 2013: Worst Draft Class Ever

Quote:
Top talent evaluators from around the NBA expressed pessimism about the 2013 draft in general and the No. 1 pick in particular.

"I'd trade the pick for sure," one NBA GM said. "No one wants to pick first this year -- and no one can live up to the No. 1 billing."

"It's the worst it's ever been," said another.

"I'm glad we won't be picking at the top," added one director of player personnel.

Cody Zeller is the consensus choice for the top spot, even though he possesses short arms and plays subpar defense.

"He'll never be a great NBA player," one NBA scouting director said.
Well. There's a positive for us if we lose our pick.

Who'll go first in NBA Draft? Good luck with that - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and RPI Rankings
Thug is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,933
Representing:
Default

It's official, we'll get the #3 pick


jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,690
Representing:
Default

no, what this means, is we're virtually guaranteed the #1 pick.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,933
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
no, what this means, is we're virtually guaranteed the #1 pick.
Nah, #3 in a horrible draft is worse than the #1 pick. We'll barely be bad enough to kep our pick therefor OKC gets a lottery pick in 2014 and gets James Harden 2.0
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Presidential
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,646
Representing:
Default

Fuck that. ^

Way to find the negatives in a positive guys.
Thug is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
Fuck that. ^

Way to find the negatives in a positive guys.
We're Raptors fans, that's what we do
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,932
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
Fuck that. ^

Way to find the negatives in a positive guys.
it's not negatives. it's just going to lead to another 7 years of expectations and failures of said expectations... look what happened last time
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,029
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

I'm surprised they don't like Cody Zeller. Kid can flat out play and fits in perfectly with the new breed of PF's.

I'm not a fan of Shabazz Muhammad either, but I can see him having a decent NBA career as a sixth man.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Short arms and subpar defense.... not bad if you ask me. Thought has it right, #1 coming this way!!! Sick!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,436
Representing:
Default

w.e We are getting wiggins next year, dude wants to play here, hometown hero and boom. Raptors win not 1, not 2, not 3 , not 4, not 5 not 6 but 7 championships
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,377
Representing:
Default

There will be at least a dozen solid players to be found in the draft... you can bet on it.... GMs and scouts are just going to have to earn their money is all.

How much you wanna bet that the Spurs come out with great pick again with a pick in the late first round?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
th1
most uncool person around there

Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: denmark atm
Posts: 113
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by box1992 View Post
w.e We are getting wiggins next year, dude wants to play here, hometown hero and boom. Raptors win not 1, not 2, not 3 , not 4, not 5 not 6 but 7 championships

once we trade Bargs, it's gonna be easy. Right, guys ?
th1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

The raps will give OKC the 5th-10th pick.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
The raps will give OKC the 5th-10th pick.
We can only hope.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
We can only hope.
Yeah, originally I thought this team would battle it out, just barely missing the playoffs with a few games left in the season, thus giving OKC a 11th-14th pick. However, it doesn't look like that will happen.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,932
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Yeah, originally I thought this team would battle it out, just barely missing the playoffs with a few games left in the season, thus giving OKC a 11th-14th pick. However, it doesn't look like that will happen.
A 35 win record not hard to fathom. That would be in the 11-14 range
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
A 35 win record not hard to fathom. That would be in the 11-14 range
still far from a guarantee that it will happen though
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
the only guy who thinks Terrence Ross will be an all-star

Senior Member
 
The MVP of West Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,129
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I'm surprised they don't like Cody Zeller. Kid can flat out play and fits in perfectly with the new breed of PF's.

I'm not a fan of Shabazz Muhammad either, but I can see him having a decent NBA career as a sixth man.
No surprise Zeller would get underrated in this draft, teams are obsessed with athleticism and measurements generally, especially for bigs. I bet Cody gets picked around where Greg Monroe did (#7) and proves them wrong for letting him fall like he did

GMs are going to jump all over Alex Poythress and Archie Goodwin from Kentucky and Ben McLemore from Kansas because they're physical freaks for their position and can do just enough skill wise to impress them. It wouldn't surprise me if Michael Carter-Williams moved up big time on the draft, he's putting up crazy stats and there always seems to be one Syracuse guy that makes a big leap up. He's a super version of Waiters in every stat and CLE uses stats to draft players now, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's Cleveland's wtf pick of the year

Last edited by The MVP of West Hollywood; 12-07-2012 at 06:56 PM.
The MVP of West Hollywood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,932
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVP of West Hollywood View Post
No surprise Zeller would get underrated in this draft, teams are obsessed with athleticism and measurements generally, especially for bigs. I bet Cody gets picked around where Greg Monroe did (#7) and proves them wrong for letting him fall like he did

GMs are going to jump all over Alex Poythress and Archie Goodwin from Kentucky and Ben McLemore from Kansas because they're physical freaks for their position and can do just enough skill wise to impress them. It wouldn't surprise me if Michael Carter-Williams moved up big time on the draft, he's putting up crazy stats and there always seems to be one Syracuse guy that makes a big leap up. He's a super version of Waiters in every stat and CLE uses stats to draft players now, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's Cleveland's wtf pick of the year
they've been picking pretty well so maybe they're onto something here
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,920
Representing:
Default

They say its the worst draft class every year.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24