Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   2012 NBA Playoff predictions (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/2012-nba-playoff-predictions-22576.html)

ClutchCity 03-26-2012 02:56 AM

2012 NBA Playoff predictions
 
lets see your picks people

here are mine:

Eastern Conference Finals: CHI vs. MIA, MIA in 6
Western Conference Finals: OKC vs. LAL, OKC in 7
NBA Finals (2-3-2 format): MIA in 5 with homecourt/MIA in 6 without HCA
Finals MVP: LeBron James

Toby 03-26-2012 05:43 AM

Blazers all da way! We're gonna get by these other teams ahead of us in the West, make those playoffs, and bring home the bacon. RIP CITY BABY!!

(I have been reprogrammed by Paul Allen's state of the art brainwashing mechanisms)

Dario 03-26-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 630351)
Blazers all da way! We're gonna get by these other teams ahead of us in the West, make those playoffs, and bring home the bacon. RIP CITY BABY!!

(I have been reprogrammed by Paul Allen's state of the art brainwashing mechanisms)

whats a rip city fan doing here? Lol xD

bjjs 03-26-2012 12:48 PM

patience clutch. This is to early.

ClutchCity 03-26-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 630404)
patience clutch. This is to early.

Less than a third of the season to go? I don't think it's too early. It's almost guaranteed that CHI and MIA will finish top 2 seeds so you know they are destined to meet in the ECF. And OKC will finish 1st while LAL finish 2nd or 3rd, so they would also meet in the WFC if they take care of business. Plus, they're called predictions, so it's never too early! :police:

Raptorman 03-26-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClutchCity (Post 630346)
lets see your picks people

here are mine:

Eastern Conference Finals: CHI vs. MIA, MIA in 6
Western Conference Finals: OKC vs. LAL, OKC in 7
NBA Finals (2-3-2 format): MIA in 5 with homecourt/MIA in 6 without HCA
Finals MVP: LeBron James

This was most peoples prediction before the season even started.

jeffb 03-26-2012 01:23 PM

ECF: Miami vs Chicago *CHI in 7*

WCF: OKC vs LAC *OKC in 5*


Finals: OKC vs CHI

OKC in 6

MVP: Westbrook


Mostly wishful thinking but oh well.

ClutchCity 03-26-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 630417)
ECF: Miami vs Chicago *CHI in 7*

WCF: OKC vs LAC *OKC in 5*


Finals: OKC vs CHI

OKC in 6

MVP: Westbrook

If that happened, I'd be 100% down with it.

TORaptor4Ever 03-26-2012 01:45 PM

The West is going to be VERY interesting.... MEM and SA could shock a lot of people and go far. I honestly think that it's pretty wide open there.

Chris 03-26-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 630425)
The West is going to be VERY interesting.... MEM and SA could shock a lot of people and go far. I honestly think that it's pretty wide open there.

I'd say its pretty wide open other than OKC winning the Western Conference ;)

OKC vs CHI final. OKC takes it in 7 after Kevin Durant hits a half court buzzer beater in double OT. :reporter:

ClutchCity 03-26-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 630425)
The West is going to be VERY interesting.... MEM and SA could shock a lot of people and go far. I honestly think that it's pretty wide open there.

No doubt. That's why I want people to lock in their picks now!

Metallikid 03-26-2012 02:07 PM

Western Conference Finals: LAL vs. SAS (for the last time in the next twenty years): LAL in 6

Eastern Conference Finals: MIA vs. CHI: MIA in 7

Finals: MIA vs. LAL: LAL in 7

ClutchCity 03-26-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallikid (Post 630430)
Western Conference Finals: LAL vs. SAS (for the last time in the next twenty years): LAL in 6

Eastern Conference Finals: MIA vs. CHI: MIA in 7

Finals: MIA vs. LAL: LAL in 7

I wish. I just don't trust the Lakers' bench enough to pick them to win. I could see them making the finals though.

powerfulpanda 03-26-2012 02:43 PM

the lakers could have a first round exit or go all the way to the finals and either wouldn't shock me

Someguy again 03-26-2012 10:55 PM

man im so pumped for an indiana and chicago rematch i can't even look towards the finals right now lol

Ball Don't Lie 03-26-2012 11:56 PM

Its weird this year because anyone in the West can win really if they get the right matchups, or conversely get knocked out in round 1 with the wrong matchups.

In the East its a bit different as it's going to be a collision course with CHI MIA inevitably going to be meeting up. The only team I can see even being a threat to one of them is NY if NY could ever get their shit together, but its too unlikely to happen.

I think everyone in the West wants to avoid Memphis at all costs in round 1. If Gay and Randolph develop good chemistry before the playoffs, they can make the finals.

Nites 03-27-2012 12:36 AM

SA vs Chicago in the finals.

TORaptor4Ever 03-27-2012 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 630726)
Its weird this year because anyone in the West can win really if they get the right matchups, or conversely get knocked out in round 1 with the wrong matchups.

In the East its a bit different as it's going to be a collision course with CHI MIA inevitably going to be meeting up. The only team I can see even being a threat to one of them is NY if NY could ever get their shit together, but its too unlikely to happen.

I think everyone in the West wants to avoid Memphis at all costs in round 1. If Gay and Randolph develop good chemistry before the playoffs, they can make the finals.

NYK is kind of a wildcard but I don't think they'll pose a serious threat to CHI or MIA this season.... my money is still on BOS if I have to pick a 3rd team in the East. If (and it's a big if) they can get some consistent bench production and Pierce plays big they could surprise some people. They have the defense, the halfcourt execution, the coaching and the experience to get it done.

ClutchCity 03-27-2012 02:48 AM

Orlando sometimes shows the potential to give Miami serious problems in the playoffs. I don't think they'll pull off the upset though if they meet.

Diamond Scorpion 03-27-2012 09:38 PM

Eastern Conference Finals

Chicago vs Miami = Chicago in 6

Western Conference Finals

OKC vs Spurs = Spurs in 6

NBA Finals

Chicago vs Spurs = Spurs in 6

:yeah::dance::bannanaguitar:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24